sagator

sagator

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Feb 12

It's not even 48 hours into the month of February yet User 198302 has made 3279 moves already, and counting?!

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
03 Feb 12

Yeah, gator must love chess with 14,900 games played, 890 games going, and 560,000 moves total. I have 2 games going with gator currently, seems like a nice player.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by MontyMoose
Yeah, gator must love chess with 14,900 games played, 890 games going, and 560,000 moves total. I have 2 games going with gator currently, seems like a nice player.
The problem is one can not do any deep thinking when playing that fast.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 12
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
The problem is one can not do any deep thinking when playing that fast.
i dont think in your case Ronaldo, time is of the essence, you sitting up there on your
southern plantation in Georgia when you should be in the blitz room honing your skills!

p

Moves
03 Feb 12

So many games and moves in this month would reveal a cheater. The problem is that technically speaking it is not possible to do so many moves using software. Also, it is not possible in my opinion a human play so fast. Possible solution? Have many people play concurrently with the same nickname. Your thought ?

rc

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by paolo2504
So many games and moves in this month would reveal a cheater. The problem is that technically speaking it is not possible to do so many moves using software. Also, it is not possible in my opinion a human play so fast. Possible solution? Have many people play concurrently with the same nickname. Your thought ?
its entirely possible, however, to play those games well requires deep analysis, this
seems to me not to be possible.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
03 Feb 12

What a heap of crap. Why would someone cheat to retain a low rating?

As for moves, this is easily achievable. With close to 1,000 games and a low rating you will find that the opponents will be of a similar standard. Generally speaking the moves are much quicker.

Also the person may be retired, unemployed etc allowing them access 10-12 hours per day

3 moves per minutes = 60 per hour = 600 for a 10 hour day = 1800 moves in 3 days

Bump that to 6 moves per minutes and you jump to 3,600 moves over 3 days

m

In attack

Moves
03 Feb 12
2 edits

I've played him in a tournament, there is no way he is using a computer. He has an instinct for attack, got me in a tight fix in one game, and threw away both games with a daft move in the endgame that reeked of not taking enough time to study the board Game 8379241 Game 8379248. In his case, I suspect if he played 1/4 of his current gameload his rating would go up 200 points.

D

Moves
03 Feb 12
1 edit

48 hours = 2880 minutes, let's say he sleeps 8 hours a day, meaning a potential of 16 hours per day to be playing online Chess. Two days = 32 hours of playing time this year.

That's 1920 minutes, therefore 3300 moves would allow a move every 35 seconds, for all of the 16 hours without stopping.

Could well be he's just glancing at each game and only taking 10 seconds to decide each move, meaning he'd have time to eat/have a life.

Doesn't mean he's cheating, he could well be a much better player than 1300, but just likes to play fast and on a whim.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
03 Feb 12

So many games and moves in this month would reveal a cheater. Have many people play concurrently with the same nickname...
As far as I know screen names are unique to one individual.

It has been theorized that a 2100+ rating and a long string of tournament victories <MAY> be better indications of something wrong, rather than game load per se. Hmmm......

Moves
03 Feb 12

He's playing blitz then? I'd call him a superblitzer, because he is playing with extreme time-odds. Minutes on his clock, days on the opponent's clock.

J

Moves
03 Feb 12
1 edit

I think that RHP staff should make a strong action against Sagator or generally against every cheater. I ask most respect for us and our subscription on RHP.
is it possible create a class action?

m

In attack

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by Jardreamer
I think that RHP staff should make a strong action against Sagator or generally against every cheater. I ask most respect for us and our subscription on RHP.
Sagator hasn't done anything wrong though! As his profile states, he is here to help you improve your game. If he feels that playing as fast and as often as possible is the way to get maximum value for subscription money, then that is up to him.
There is no point whatsoever in having multiple people use one profile to play mediocre chess, I would bet my mortgage that sagator is not cheating.

D

Moves
03 Feb 12

I can't believe people are bringing cheating into this! There's no reason he's not moving as quickly as I elaborated above, therefore should be given benefit of doubt and presumed innocent!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by Jardreamer
He/she is not a cheat, they're an addict.

560,000 odd moves in just over 6 years. That's around 250 moves everyday for the last 6 years.

honus though has made nearly 650,000 moves in a little over 6 years, that's nearly 300 moves a day. They're not cheats, just dedicated.