1. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 17:15
    Originally posted by Jardreamer
    I think that RHP staff should make a strong action against Sagator or generally against every cheater. I ask most respect for us and our subscription on RHP.
    is it possible create a class action?
    Won 6079
    Lost 8384

Aside from the fact that he's well below %50, there is the practical consideration that if he ran an engine for all the games he played, his computer would be too slow for him to make his moves.
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 18:471 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    He/she is not a cheat, they're an addict.

560,000 odd moves in just over 6 years. That's around 250 moves everyday for the last 6 years.

honus though has made nearly 650,000 moves in a little over 6 years, that's nearly 300 moves a day. They're not cheats, just dedicated.
    He/she is not a cheat, they're an addict. -Proper Knob

I agree. I see no point why this thread was started in the first place. It is ludicrous for people saying this guy is a cheat. Because he makes a lot of moves ?! Give me a break ! More so, give sagator a break ! He is enjoying himself here at RHP win,lose or draw. Gosh !
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 20:02
    I think that RHP staff should make a strong action against Sagator or generally against every cheater. I ask most respect for us and our subscription on RHP.
    Maybe you should take a look at some of your fellow clan members if you want to look for dodgy players.

Pick one of your higher rated players and see how much they have "improved" over the years.

I smell more crap within your Clan ranks than I do with Sagator who just plays a lot of chess.

Maybe a Class Action should be created against the Italian Job!
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 23:06
    that deserves more than 1 thumb down, i have played him 64 times, fast and furious, you dont need 33 seconds to make your first move, or the first 5. sagator likes to play you like to moan. get a life..... 😠
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 23:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its entirely possible, however, to play those games well requires deep analysis, this
    seems to me not to be possible.
    You may be right about that one.
  6. The Ghost Bishop
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 23:58
    Originally posted by morgski
    Sagator hasn't done anything wrong though! As his profile states, he is here to help you improve your game. If he feels that playing as fast and as often as possible is the way to get maximum value for subscription money, then that is up to him.
    There is no point whatsoever in having multiple people use one profile to play mediocre chess, I would bet my mortgage that sagator is not cheating.
    I think you can keep your house. Sagator is definitely a human player - 10 minutes of going over his games reveals that. Heck, just looking at some of the mistakes he makes are similar to mistakes I make in 1 minute blitz games. He's actually not a bad player I don't think.

I can't imagine how long it will take for him to train his mind to settle down and evaluate a position after he gets done playing 900 games at a time. Though, you could argue that his intuition is growing right off the scale from all the positions he's seeing.

Q
  7. Joined
    23 Jan '10
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 00:081 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Maybe you should take a look at some of your fellow clan members if you want to look for dodgy players.

Pick one of your higher rated players and see how much they have "improved" over the years.

I smell more crap within your Clan ranks than I do with Sagator who just plays a lot of chess.

Maybe a Class Action should be created against the Italian Job!
    I apologize to everybody for this rude answer, but....what a poor thought! play chess, it's better! This is a threat about Sagator's games (strange games). if you are some question about, it's better you put in the table numbers too, not only emptiness.
  8. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 02:52
    Have you had a chance to re-evaluate this statement yet? This is a pretty strong, rude, and essentially unfounded accusation in a public forum.

In order to "ask most respect for us", it might be worthwhile to begin by showing respect to others.
  9. e4
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 08:55
    The lad said sorry Paul, leave it at that.

I too played over a few games. The do look like blitz games. He screws up
    a few good positions. Missed basic tacitics a few times. The kind of play
    one sees when a player is moving too fast.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 09:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You may be right about that one.
    RJH agrees with me, Lordy Lordy! I do declare! (said with a southern lilt)
  11. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 10:22
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    The lad said sorry Paul, leave it at that.

I too played over a few games. The do look like blitz games. He screws up
    a few good positions. Missed basic tacitics a few times. The kind of play
    one sees when a player is moving too fast.
    He was apologizing for the other response to his post, not his own. In my mind, that just makes it worse.

Anonymity and civility vary inversely as usual, it seems.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 10:34
    take it to spirituality Spankies, this is the chess only forum 😛
  13. e4
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 10:451 edit
    What did I say?

I said I'll be off the Forum concentrating on my games.
    and I ended with."Don't fight."

I turn my back for 10 minutes and you are squabbling with each other
    calling people cheats and demanding apologies.

Ha. I said I would not let this tournament take over my life.
    Sad git me blew a week's holidays just to give the openings 24/7.
    It's a god job most of the boys were quick movers else I would have wasted
    a week's holiday.

I've have been up all night plotting the downfall of a few lads (and trying to
    stave off defeats.) but now I am totally knacked.
    I was meant to meet a pal at noon but that's off. What a fool.
    See you in 6-8 hours. Don't fight!
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 10:51
    I apologize to everybody for this rude answer, but....what a poor thought! play chess, it's better! This is a threat about Sagator's games (strange games). if you are some question about, it's better you put in the table numbers too, not only emptiness.
    just because you can only manage 19 games at a time, why are you on here slandering a good active player, the only STRANGE person here is you, have you ever played the guy?
  15. e4
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 11:29
    Jardreamer has played him 7 times.

Jardreamer 6 - sagator 1

A bit odd calling some a cheat after you beaten them 6 times.
    The one loss was when Jardreamer trapped his own Bishop.
    Maybe that one loss is eating away at him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree