1. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 04:22
    I sent sagator a note in one of our games that he was the topic of a forum thread. No reply yet, maybe he is busy playing chess. 🙂 I think it is shameful the accusations thrown around here based on nothing but "Gosh, he makes a lot of moves".
  2. The Ghost Bishop
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 04:251 edit
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    I sent sagator a note in one of our games that he was the topic of a forum thread. No reply yet, maybe he is busy playing chess. 🙂 I think it is shameful the accusations thrown around here based on nothing but "Gosh, he makes a lot of moves".
    Perhaps most amazing is the treatment of this accusation. In another thread a player whom is commonly considered a cheat was publicly accused, and the post vanished. In this thread a player is widely thought to be legitimate - and the article remains. This leads to a very strange type of thinking for those of us aware of the two situations, and their treatment.

Based on this behavior it would seem as though only the guilty are protected by the hush effect. The mob may burn the righteous if it leave the wicked.

Q
  3. Subscriberjankrb
    Conductor
    Zwolle
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 09:281 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It's not even 48 hours into the month of February yet User 198302 has made 3279 moves already, and counting?!
    In the same period (48 hours) of January, Kings and Pawns User 644478 made 42 moves!

Respect for a 78 year-old man, suffering from leukemia (which would cause profound fatigue)!
  4. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 10:29
    Originally posted by PhySiQ
    Perhaps most amazing is the treatment of this accusation. In another thread a player whom is commonly considered a cheat was publicly accused, and the post vanished. In this thread a player is widely thought to be legitimate - and the article remains. This leads to a very strange type of thinking for those of us aware of the two situations, and their treat ...[text shortened]... y are protected by the hush effect. The mob may burn the righteous if it leave the wicked.

Q
    Only the guilty bleat like sheep to the admins. Sagator continues on his merry way.
  5. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 10:32
    Originally posted by jankrb
    In the same period (48 hours) of January, Kings and Pawns User 644478 made 42 moves!

Respect for a 78 year-old man, suffering from leukemia (which would cause profound fatigue)!
    We need to be very careful with this one. I notice there is a new profile picture.. I'm sure I've seen that face somewhere before. Is it Mokra's grandad ? No.. no.. leave it with me.. it'll come to me in the end.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 11:44
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    "Dum maro dum , mat jaega ghum, bolo subah sham, hare krishna hare ram" is Carrobish for "This is excellent Scotch. Was that the last bottle?"
    mmm, not bad, not bad at all.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 12:58
    Perhaps most amazing is the treatment of this accusation. In another thread a player whom is commonly considered a cheat was publicly accused, and the post vanished. In this thread a player is widely thought to be legitimate - and the article remains. This leads to a very strange type of thinking for those of us aware of the two situations, and their treat ...[text shortened]... y are protected by the hush effect. The mob may burn the righteous if it leave the wicked.

Q
    In another thread a player whom is commonly considered a cheat was publicly accused, and the post vanished.

You mean RJHinds............oooops?!! That just slipped out.😉
  8. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 13:48

Q
    I think the trick here is whether or not someone alerted the post to a moderator.

I can't say for certain, but my impression is that the forum moderators will let something be unless someone complains, as long as it is not profane or completely offensive.

A passive approach allows the forum to moderate itself to a large degree, and allows for the free flow of ideas and opinions.

Essentially, my attempted point is that inconsistency with regard to pulling posts is not an inconsistency on the part of the moderators, but on the forum readers.

The first finger can be pointed at me- in the past I have alerted the moderators when someone makes an unsubstantiated cheap shot, especially if it has nothing at all to do with the thread. In this case, the thread was about the player in question, so instead of alerting the moderators, I posted in the thread and challenged the offending poster to revise his/her thinking.

In this case, I still don't think the moderators need to get involved, as the forum has policed this rather effectively already.

I hope this makes sense!
  9. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 13:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    mmm, not bad, not bad at all.
    It would have been better if I was there to share!
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 13:51
    Originally posted by jankrb

This could be the result of a new tournament starting- I myself made a whole slew of moves relatively rapidly when the 2012 Championship popped up, and the time control meant that I tried to rap out the first few moves as fast as I could.
  11. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 15:38
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]In another thread a player whom is commonly considered a cheat was publicly accused, and the post vanished.

You mean RJHinds............oooops?!! That just slipped out.😉[/b]
    What a joke. Silicon Ron got his thread deleted while claiming he was merely "analyzing" games. It does seem that the site brushes the cheaters under the rug.
  12. e4
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 18:16
    I myself made a whole slew of moves relatively rapidly when the 2012 Championship popped up.
    A whole slew of moves...I've just checked your section. (51).
    There are no games finished. I have 10 games completed already!! (section 58)
    (Clan Italica will chasing me next!)

OK I've been hogging the site and it's been chess, chess chess since the 1st of Feb
    and I've been chasing the green dot. If they at the board then I stay hitting
    them with quick tricks and conditional moves.

(I'm back at work tomorrow so I'll be slowing down - I really don't want to know
    how long I've been logged on for during the past 6 days, it cannot be too
    healthy. Some holiday. Great! I'd do it all again.)

But Paul. 1.f4? in every game.
    You are hardly going to punish any opening errors with that guff.
    (7 of my 10 games were under 25 moves - 6 wins and a draw.)
    I notice that most have played 1...d5. So you get a Dutch reversed.....wow.

If you look at my games. (to see how it's done) 😉 then please no comments,
    especially on the brillo win v paradigalla. Please say nothing.
    I am using that for the blog. Should have it posted tonight.

1.f4....strewth.
    Weakens the King, blocks the c1 Bishop, offers no challenge and 1..d5 is equal.
    What a total waste of the White pieces.
  13. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 18:261 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    A whole slew of moves...I've just checked your section. (51).
    There are no games finished. I have [b]10
    games completed already!! (section 58)
    (Clan Italica will chasing me next!)

OK I've been hogging the site and it's been chess, chess chess since the 1st of Feb
    and I've been chasing the green dot. If they at the board then I stay hitting
    the shop, offers no challenge and 1..d5 is equal.
    What a total waste of the White pieces.[/b]
    Sez the trapmeister...oh please!

And hey, be careful! If someone else notices you have played a large number of moves, you may end up as the Accused Player of the Week. Almost any reason is enough to get the villagers reaching for their pitchforks.
  14. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 18:35
    Originally posted by SmittyTime
    Sagator is the Terminator of chess.
    Say it smitty you know you want to.
  15. Joined
    06 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 23:27
    This could be the result of a new tournament starting- I myself made a whole slew of moves relatively rapidly when the 2012 Championship popped up, and the time control meant that I tried to rap out the first few moves as fast as I could.
    In support of Jan, I just do not understand all the leeway given on the forum by some to Kings & Pawns. The guy made 400+ moves in January, and did not even start moving until the second week! (Winter Break.)
    And you, Paul, as a USCF member, should be aware of the incongruities of K&P's "persona". The pretense of being a 78 (or 79 by now) American chess player is what offends me about this guy. If he'd chosen to play as who he is in reality and won and played at the rate he does, I would care less. I've posted my theory on the guy here, and am not going to be repetitive. But, do not believe that someone with CLL and 78+ years can play at the rate and level that he does.
    And, to correct K&P's profile, Chronic forms of leukemia do not recur. They just never go away, This I know from personal experience.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree