I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:32
    🙁
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:38
    I post this intervention here too, so that people can read it clearly! (but maybe they will consider I am spamming... ahaha)

Dear Green Pawn was censored for the following message:

"A wee green light comes on."

which was a pretty funny answer to the previous question: how can we know if someone cheats? (roughly)

There is absolutely no reason to erase this kind of stuff! It is particularly unacceptable that people may feel authorized to do so!!

So, please, people, ask admins (as I do) to apologize to Green Pawn, and to explain more clearly what kind of criteria are used to suppress posts.

Actually, this kind of stupid censorship makes me want to...
    WEE!

(this is a censorship test ===> I am here and easy to ban <====)
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:40
    So the ref made a mistake. Big deal, move on.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:45
    Well if it is a mistake, it would be good that the admins make it clear and apologize.
    And still, what's going through your mind when you suppress a post like this?
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:461 edit
    The ref made a mistake big deal move on.

I don't find your post helpful.

If people are not allowed the opportunity to speak out people can and do get unfairly banned for this kind of stuff. Hopefully the moderator wil do the rght thing and apologise. Hopefully on the forum.

I suspect I'll be banned too for saying this? Lets go a step further and ban everyone with blonde hair? Fair ? Clearly not.

Free speech is fundamental human right.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:481 edit
    Originally posted by Macpo
    Well if it is a mistake, it would be good that the admins make it clear and apologize.
    And still, what's going through your mind when you suppress a post like this?
    It's just one post removal, stop whinging.
  7. Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:49
    Personally I don't think moderators should be allowed this kind of power. Threatening to ban someone is disgusting. He should be removed as a moderator and I will be protesting directly to Russ.

Smacks of Guantanamo.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:50
    Originally posted by Daza
    [b]The ref made a mistake big deal move on.

I don't find your post helpful.

If people are not allowed the opportunity to speak out people can and do get unfairly banned for this kind of stuff. Hopefully the moderator wil do the rght thing and apologise. Hopefully on the forum.

I suspect I'll be banned too for saying this? Lets go a ...[text shortened]... ban everyone with blonde hair? Fair ? Clearly not.

Free speech is fundamental human right.[/b]
    My view is that you lot are over-reacting. I don't see how expressing my view affects your free speech.

And it's clear you're over-reacting. Comparing this with banning everyone with blonde hair is just more evidence.

I won't even go into how ridiculous it is to draw a parallel between moderation in a private website and the human right of free speech.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:51
    Smacks of Guantanamo.
    😵
  10. Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:53
    Palynka. You clearly are missing the point.

Threatening to ban someone for saying something which was none personal, funny, fair and beyond misinterpretation is waht people are annoyed about.

I'll reiterate again.

Free speech is a fundamental human right.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:55
    Palynka. You clearly are missing the point.

Threatening to ban someone for saying something which was none personal, funny, fair and beyond misinterpretation is waht people are annoyed about.

I'll reiterate again.

Free speech is a fundamental human right.
    The threat of a ban is based on a misunderstanding I believe by another mod.

Free speech isn't an issue on a private chess site, let's not travel that road.

P-
  12. Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:55
    The analogy I was making Palynka was that banning people with blonde hair is equally as silly as banning someone for the comment above. End of.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:57
    The analogy I was making Palynka was that banning people with blonde hair is equally as silly as banning someone for the comment above. End of.
    I don't agree. A mod thought a user was posting removed content.

I feel it was a misunderstanding after seeing another thread.

I'm trying to rectify the ban, but not the removal of a post that is misleading to new users at RHP and involves the taboo word "cheat".

P-
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:57
    We are obviously not dieciding of the future of humankind.

I just want to understand how these things are possible. As a person who paid around 20 or 30 bucks to play, and who spends a significant part of his day on this website, I feel it is a problem, and I hope not to be the only one.

To make it clear, I do not like appreciate giving money to people capable to behave like that.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:58
    Sure, and I was pointing out how ridiculous that analogy was.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree