Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member Traveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    07 May '09 16:32
  2. 07 May '09 16:38
    I post this intervention here too, so that people can read it clearly! (but maybe they will consider I am spamming... ahaha)

    Dear Green Pawn was censored for the following message:

    "A wee green light comes on."

    which was a pretty funny answer to the previous question: how can we know if someone cheats? (roughly)

    There is absolutely no reason to erase this kind of stuff! It is particularly unacceptable that people may feel authorized to do so!!

    So, please, people, ask admins (as I do) to apologize to Green Pawn, and to explain more clearly what kind of criteria are used to suppress posts.

    Actually, this kind of stupid censorship makes me want to...
    WEE!

    (this is a censorship test ===> I am here and easy to ban <====)
  3. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 May '09 16:40
    So the ref made a mistake. Big deal, move on.
  4. 07 May '09 16:45
    Well if it is a mistake, it would be good that the admins make it clear and apologize.
    And still, what's going through your mind when you suppress a post like this?
  5. 07 May '09 16:46 / 1 edit
    The ref made a mistake big deal move on.


    I don't find your post helpful.

    If people are not allowed the opportunity to speak out people can and do get unfairly banned for this kind of stuff. Hopefully the moderator wil do the rght thing and apologise. Hopefully on the forum.

    I suspect I'll be banned too for saying this? Lets go a step further and ban everyone with blonde hair? Fair ? Clearly not.

    Free speech is fundamental human right.
  6. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 May '09 16:48 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Macpo
    Well if it is a mistake, it would be good that the admins make it clear and apologize.
    And still, what's going through your mind when you suppress a post like this?
    It's just one post removal, stop whinging.
  7. 07 May '09 16:49
    Personally I don't think moderators should be allowed this kind of power. Threatening to ban someone is disgusting. He should be removed as a moderator and I will be protesting directly to Russ.

    Smacks of Guantanamo.
  8. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 May '09 16:50
    Originally posted by Daza
    [b]The ref made a mistake big deal move on.


    I don't find your post helpful.

    If people are not allowed the opportunity to speak out people can and do get unfairly banned for this kind of stuff. Hopefully the moderator wil do the rght thing and apologise. Hopefully on the forum.

    I suspect I'll be banned too for saying this? Lets go a ...[text shortened]... ban everyone with blonde hair? Fair ? Clearly not.

    Free speech is fundamental human right.[/b]
    My view is that you lot are over-reacting. I don't see how expressing my view affects your free speech.

    And it's clear you're over-reacting. Comparing this with banning everyone with blonde hair is just more evidence.

    I won't even go into how ridiculous it is to draw a parallel between moderation in a private website and the human right of free speech.
  9. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 May '09 16:51
    Originally posted by Daza
    Smacks of Guantanamo.
  10. 07 May '09 16:53
    Palynka. You clearly are missing the point.

    Threatening to ban someone for saying something which was none personal, funny, fair and beyond misinterpretation is waht people are annoyed about.

    I'll reiterate again.

    Free speech is a fundamental human right.
  11. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    07 May '09 16:55
    Originally posted by Daza
    Palynka. You clearly are missing the point.

    Threatening to ban someone for saying something which was none personal, funny, fair and beyond misinterpretation is waht people are annoyed about.

    I'll reiterate again.

    Free speech is a fundamental human right.
    The threat of a ban is based on a misunderstanding I believe by another mod.

    Free speech isn't an issue on a private chess site, let's not travel that road.

    P-
  12. 07 May '09 16:55
    The analogy I was making Palynka was that banning people with blonde hair is equally as silly as banning someone for the comment above. End of.
  13. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    07 May '09 16:57
    Originally posted by Daza
    The analogy I was making Palynka was that banning people with blonde hair is equally as silly as banning someone for the comment above. End of.
    I don't agree. A mod thought a user was posting removed content.

    I feel it was a misunderstanding after seeing another thread.

    I'm trying to rectify the ban, but not the removal of a post that is misleading to new users at RHP and involves the taboo word "cheat".

    P-
  14. 07 May '09 16:57
    We are obviously not dieciding of the future of humankind.

    I just want to understand how these things are possible. As a person who paid around 20 or 30 bucks to play, and who spends a significant part of his day on this website, I feel it is a problem, and I hope not to be the only one.

    To make it clear, I do not like appreciate giving money to people capable to behave like that.
  15. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 May '09 16:58
    Originally posted by Daza
    The analogy I was making Palynka was that banning people with blonde hair is equally as silly as banning someone for the comment above. End of.
    Sure, and I was pointing out how ridiculous that analogy was.