1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:03
    Originally posted by Macpo
    We are obviously not dieciding of the future of humankind.

I just want to understand how these things are possible. As a person who paid around 20 or 30 bucks to play, and who spends a significant part of his day on this website, I feel it is a problem, and I hope not to be the only one.

To make it clear, I do not like appreciate giving money to people capable to behave like that.
    No one said we were, so don't treat it like that. We are talking about a service that we all enjoy. Misleading info about the rules of this site were removed to avoid confusion. Not a death threat, no threats the world might end.

This is chess forum, and jokes don't go over as easy as they might in General forum. Again, the problem is not a removal of a misleading post, but a ban that perhaps is not warranted.

I'd like to fix this if I hear back from greenpawn.

P-
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:05
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Sure, and I was pointing out how ridiculous that analogy was.
    Oh dear.....
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:06
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    No one said we were, so don't treat it like that. We are talking about a service that we all enjoy. Misleading info about the rules of this site were removed to avoid confusion. Not a death threat, no threats the world might end.

This is chess forum, and jokes don't go over as easy as they might in General forum. Again, the problem is not a removal ...[text shortened]... n that perhaps is not warranted.

I'd like to fix this if I hear back from greenpawn.

P-
    Surey the onus should be on you guys to contact Greenpawn?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:08
    Originally posted by Daza
    Surey the onus should be on you guys to contact Greenpawn?
    I'll PM him also.

P-
  5. Standard memberCimon
    Strategos
    Ancient Greece
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:11
    I don't agree. A mod thought a user was posting removed content.

I feel it was a misunderstanding after seeing another thread.

I'm trying to rectify the ban, but not the removal of a post that is misleading to new users at RHP and involves the taboo word "cheat".

P-
    If "A mod thought a user was posting removed content." then I have serious doubts about intelligence of such a mod.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:12

This is chess forum, and jokes don't go over as easy as they might in General forum.

P-
    What kind of argument is that? You must be kidding! as if the more reasons you give, the better...

I would be in a bad mood, I would suggest you are inventing things progressively because you don't know what to say.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:13
    Originally posted by Cimon
    If "A mod thought a user was posting removed content." then I have serious doubts about intelligence of such a mod.
    Doubt your own intelligence, then, because posting removed content is something that happens frequently.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:16
    Originally posted by Macpo
    What kind of argument is that? You must be kidding! as if the more reasons you give, the better...

I would be in a bad mood, I would suggest you are inventing things progressively because you don't know what to say.
    I'm starting to think It might have been better to say nothing here and let greenpawn suffer.

No good dead goes unpunished.

I've been a mod a long time and people have stuff removed and post it back VERY OFTEN in defiance.

I stand by the removal of the content, I want to get the ban right.

It was an error, nothing stupid.

Errors can be fixed, mistakes can't.

P-
  9. Standard memberCimon
    Strategos
    Ancient Greece
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:18
    Doubt your own intelligence, then, because posting removed content is something that happens frequently.
    What a miserable nit-picking 😴
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:20
    I'll PM him also.

P-
    Thank you.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:26
    What a miserable nit-picking 😴
    Highlighting that factual evidence contradicts your opinion is nit-picking these days?

I must have missed the memo.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:282 edits
    I think a forum moderator public post, explaining that Gp post shouldn't have been suppressed and threatened of ban, clarifying who did what, what went wrong; and explaining the criteria of forum moderation is necessary.

isn't it?
  13. Standard memberCimon
    Strategos
    Ancient Greece
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:30
    Highlighting that factual evidence contradicts your opinion is nit-picking these days?

I must have missed the memo.
    Factual evidence = person who removed that post was idiot. How it contradicts my opinion?
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:34
    Factual evidence = person who removed that post was idiot. How it contradicts my opinion?
    Alerted for gratuitously insulting a site volunteer.
  15. Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 17:45
    I'll second that Cimon. Very good point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree