1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:38
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So the ref made a mistake. Big deal, move on.
    Crass.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:38
    Originally posted by Cimon
    "Posting removed content is something that happens frequently" is beside the point - we are talking about separate post which was deleted with no good reason.
    No, we're talking about the mod's interpretation of the repost. Try to keep up.

So, if reposting in anger is a very typical reaction, why is the mod lacking in intelligence for interpreting gp's action under that light?
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:40
    Originally posted by Daza
    Someone ban me and take me away from him.....
    Nice argument. Again. Are you incapable of defending your position?

Maybe I'm the fool here, for believing everyone is capable of arguing coherently.
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:42
    No, we're talking about the mod's interpretation of the repost. Try to keep up.

So, if reposting in anger is a very typical reaction, why is the mod lacking in intelligence for interpreting gp's action under that light?
    Palkaky admit defeat. You are fighting a losing battle. Continuing to insult people when the vast majority of people disagree with you is doing you no good.

No doubt you will throw some more insults my way for pointing this out.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:491 edit
    I'm posting here because I care about this site, sorry if I don't conform with your witch-hunt.
    "I care about this site". Isn't that special. Reeks to high heaven of emotional drivel. 'Sincerity' is between $h and the $yphil words in dictionaries.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by Daza
    Palkaky admit defeat. You are fighting a losing battle. Continuing to insult people when the vast majority of people disagree with you is doing you no good.

No doubt you will throw some more insults my way for pointing this out.
    No argument again. No surprise there

More proof that your insult towards the mod was gratuitous.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:52

Maybe I'm the fool here...
    Bingo... and also over playing a weak hand of cards.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "I care about this site". Isn't that special. Reeks to high heaven of emotional drivel. 'Sincerity' is between $h and the $yphil word in dictionaries.
    *shrug*

I was asked for my motive and that is it.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:54
    No argument again. No surprise there

More proof that your insult towards the mod was gratuitous.
    Did the mods name start with a "C" or a "C", NM that isn't going to help anything!
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '09 18:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Bingo... and also over playing a weak hand of cards.
    If it's weak, show me. I'm calling bluffs left and right, but nobody seems to put the cards on the table.

Will you?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 May '09 20:15
    *shrug*

I was asked for my motive and that is it.
    Stated motive, yes. Unstated motive, no. Why amplify an injustice?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 May '09 20:18
    If it's weak, show me. I'm calling bluffs left and right, but nobody seems to put the cards on the table.

Will you?
    Let me put it to you gently. It's not always the cards dealt or played... more often than not it nets out to the agenda brought to the table.
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 May '09 21:18
    greenpawn posted a joke that I removed, as it could lead to confusion for new members.
    A little while later, I noticed the post back up again.

I assumed GP was being a troll as so often happens on these forums. Obviously he is not - I now realise my mistake.
    He got a stern worded message from me asking him not to post this type of post, as it may mislead new members who may be looking for help. My tone was a little harsh, and for this I apologise.

My actions though, were in accordance with our guidelines.

Also, greenpawn was NEVER BANNED. He was warned to not repost his little joke, for the stated reasons, or he may receive a forum ban.
    Which is interesting, because I see he went and posted it again.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 May '09 21:34
    greenpawn posted a joke that I removed, as it could lead to confusion for new members.

If the new members get confused, they can always ask for clarification. I fail to see why you needed to do anything.

I can see moderating a post that goes against site guide lines, but I don't think "posting things that might lead to a new member's confusion" is something that is ever mentioned.

I have never seen a post moderated for any such reason. If a post is going to be moderated, then I think it should be for a very good reason.

At least that's my take on it.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 May '09 21:53
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]greenpawn posted a joke that I removed, as it could lead to confusion for new members.

If the new members get confused, they can always ask for clarification. I fail to see why you needed to do anything.

I can see moderating a post that goes against site guide lines, but I don't think "posting things that might lead to a new member's confusio ...[text shortened]... erated, then I think it should be for a very good reason.

At least that's my take on it.[/b]
    Well stated, Eladar, Specificity is most always impressive and efficient. Overly generalized, uncertain and vague serve no purpose except pretext.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree