The Wee Green Light That Couldn't

The Wee Green Light That Couldn't

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
07 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
[b]greenpawn posted a joke that I removed, as it could lead to confusion for new members.

If the new members get confused, they can always ask for clarification. I fail to see why you needed to do anything.

I can see moderating a post that goes against site guide lines, but I don't think "posting things that might lead to a new member's confusio erated, then I think it should be for a very good reason.

At least that's my take on it.[/b]
You don't have to clear up all the alerted posts about cheating accusations, so you don't care about his little 'joke'.
Me? I'd rather not sift through people making cheating claims because they see the green light on.

Cheating is a sensitive issue here and even though I thought the post was clever and kind of funny, we don't need members misleading other new members. That is why action was needed.

Anyway, I won't argue about this.
A bunch of people have already over-reacted about this, and started the mud-slinging. I'm tired of arguing.
Just to be clear: GP only received a warning to not re-post modded content, not any ban whatsoever.

I apologised for my harsh tone, so my conscience is clear.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 May 09

Originally posted by Crowley
You don't have to clear up all the alerted posts about cheating accusations, so you don't care about his little 'joke'.
Me? I'd rather not sift through people making cheating claims because they see the green light on.

Cheating is a sensitive issue here and even though I thought the post was clever and kind of funny, we don't need members misleading oth ...[text shortened]... t, not any ban whatsoever.

Rec'd.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 May 09

Cheating is a sensitive issue here and even though I thought the post was clever and kind of funny, we don't need members misleading oth ...[text shortened]... t, not any ban whatsoever.

Well that is all you can do, sorry should be good enough!

You are human and can make mistakes too.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
07 May 09

I thought I smelled the stench of your heavy hand on this travesty.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
07 May 09

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Let me put it to you gently. It's not always the cards dealt or played... more often than not it nets out to the agenda brought to the table.
What agenda is this?

Or is this another bluff you're not going to own up to when called?

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
07 May 09

Originally posted by Red Night
I thought I smelled the stench of your heavy hand on this travesty.
Oh c'mon Red... lets try to get some perspective here. From what I understand Crowley removed a post which 'could' be misleading to new people to the forum. Then later he seen the same post back on the forum from the same member. He was perfectly within his remit to issue a warning. The fact that GP took offence is nothing to do with the issue at hand. The witch hunt that has ensued is more to do with the usual TSM pissery than anything else.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by cadwah
Oh c'mon Red... lets try to get some perspective here. From what I understand Crowley removed a post which 'could' be misleading to new people to the forum. Then later he seen the same post back on the forum from the same member. He was perfectly within his remit to issue a warning. The fact that GP took offence is nothing to do with the issue at hand. The witch hunt that has ensued is more to do with the usual TSM pissery than anything else.
At least Crowley can admit to being wrong, more than I can say about others. 😉

I bet you are going to think I mean you?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 May 09

Originally posted by Palynka
What agenda is this?

Or is this another bluff you're not going to own up to when called?
We're focused on the vagaries of human behavior and motivation in general terms. Why would you feel the need to personalize our chat?

FL

Moves
07 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by cadwah
To say that Crowley "issued a warning" and "The fact that GP took offence" makes it sound as if Crowley's message was polite. It wasn't. The message to GreenPawn was written in an obnoxious way. Moderators should be polite at all times.

e4

Moves
07 May 09

OK better end this now.

Just logged back on.

Never realised there so much hassle going on.

If you guys expended the energy you into the forums studying
the game then you would all be better players. (joke) 😳

Crowley has apologised - accepted.

t

Moves
07 May 09

You don't have to clear up all the alerted posts about cheating accusations.... Me? I'd rather not sift through people making cheating claims because they see the green light on.

I fail to understand the logic behind this line of thinking. Why would somebody make a cheating accusation to the people who notified them of the cheating?

However I do agree with the apology.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 May 09

Originally posted by greenpawn34
OK better end this now.

Just logged back on.

Never realised there so much hassle going on.

If you guys expended the energy you into the forums studying
the game then you would all be better players. (joke) 😳

Crowley has apologised - accepted.
Sir Greenpawn, we salute you for your objective read of the situation.

Now do your job... make us think and laugh (primarily at ourselves).

-gb

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 May 09

Originally posted by Fat Lady
To say that Crowley "issued a warning" and "The fact that GP took offence" makes it sound as if Crowley's message was polite. It wasn't. The message to GreenPawn was written in an obnoxious way. Moderators should be polite at all times.
Rec'd because of the truth of your last sentence, with the awareness that lapses in civility occur within the ranks of the membership as well.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 May 09

How many times do you think he should have to say he is sorry?

Who of us on here are perfect? Certainly neither you or I. 😛

t

Moves
07 May 09

Not only should they be polite but they shouldn't delete any posts that don't violate the TOS. Deleting a post just to make a little less work for yourself is lazy and an abuse of power.