The Black Swan
    Oss
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 20:01
    ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WAKE UP !!
  2. USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 21:08
    I'm surprised Topalov is losing the match... he's rated about 60-70 points higher.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 21:11
    Originally posted by powershaker
    My poor Topalov is going to get murdered. Kramnik is obliterating him. I will cry if my Topalov isn't the World Champion. 🙁
    I like Topolav too. He seems more of a fighter and doesn't seem like the type to back off from challenges unlike someone.

I'm glad this has finally started. No more excuses, no money, not enough money, this person didn't send the invitation etc...
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 21:23
    Originally posted by flexmore
    the audience has become disgusted at the overwhelming importance of stamina, and the players are clearly bleary eyed and numb and losing years off their lives through extreme distress.
    That doesn't sound like Karpov-Kasparov. It sounds like marriage.
  5. Joined
    15 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 21:302 edits
    Originally posted by chesskid001
    I'm surprised Topalov is losing the match... he's rated about 60-70 points higher.
    The points show his results not his skill also kramnik was inactive lately due to sickness.Oh and kramnik destroyed kasparov and i belive the point diffrence even bigger.
  6. London
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 23:05
    Originally posted by flexmore
    this whole scenario reminds me of Kasparov v Karpov ...

radical wildman v solid giant

the radical goes nuts, sufferring early losses impailing himself against the impenetrabe fortress.

then the wildman learns some new tricks at this new higher level of play ... and slowly slowly develops a deeper strategy ...

gaining an equalizing vistory ...
    ...[text shortened]... yers are clearly bleary eyed and numb and losing years off their lives through extreme distress.
    I think you will have to wait for Carlsen v Kramnik to be properly reminded of Kasparov v Karpov. At present, it looks more like a whitewash than anything else.
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 00:542 edits
    Why is everyone ignoring the simple facts?

How can a player like Topalov miss a move like Rxb4?
    Energy is not an excuse..we all know that he has more chess stamina than anyone. I suspect something wrong is going on so far. Ok if GM Marin on Chessbase says that there are similar Topalov blunders..but not in a World Championship match level. Come on! I saw many lower rated players suggesting the move in playchess.com..I saw it myself and I'm only 1800 player.

We all saw how he played in San Luis. And against ppl stronger than Kramnik. I think it is very important for Russia to get hold of the title. I'm just saying maybe they used some sort of para-psychology to affect Toplaov's play. Not a fan of conspiricy theory? well such things happen.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 01:141 edit
    For goodness sake the score is 2-0 not 12-0. Topalov had a good to winning position but missed the killer blow. I think Kramnik will win, but Topalov will win some games.

Edit: Coolthing - the move he missed was Qc7 as a follow up to Rxb4. Rxb4 is easy to see, even I immeadiately realised it was possible, but spotting the follow up Qc7 when under pressure, and playing for very high stakes, and all the play is focussed on the other side of the board is not so straightforward.
  9. Joined
    17 Dec '04
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 02:571 edit
    Originally posted by coolthing76
    Why is everyone ignoring the simple facts?

We all saw how he played in San Luis. And against ppl stronger than Kramnik. I think it is very important for Russia to get hold of the title. I'm just saying maybe they used some sort of para-psychology to affect Toplaov's play. Not a fan of conspiricy theory? well such things happen.
    Kramnik just won a tournament not long ago and like an earlier post stated, he beat Kasparov. I believe that Kramnik is stronger than the other players in San Luis. Anand couldn't beat Kasparov like that. By the way the tournament he won was the Super GM at Dortmund in July. Guess what, some players from San Luis were there.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 05:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 06:353 edits
    Hi guys..

I'm not saying that Kramnik is a weak player..but he was out of form for a long time b4 his return recently..if one of the players was to make such blunders, it would be Kramnik not Topalov.

I don't think that Kramink is better than Anand anyway..just cause he won over Kasparov in a short match doesnt make him stronger than Anand. Anyway, I dont like this match format. 12 games aren't enough for a World Championship match..Kasparov wouldn't have been a champion if this format was used in 1984-85.

This format favors the solid player like Karpov and Kramink and not the attacking-fighting player like Kasparov, Tal and Topalov.

I knew that the "Missed Move" was Qc7..which I agree was abit hard to see as Yasser Seirawan didn't see it too..but wasn't playing Rb4 better in itself than Qg6+?

7ate9:
    I forgot to mention that too..the homecountry advantage.

At the end..I'm sure that Topalov is a fighter..and he can still do it..it's hard to see him play 10 consecative draws!
  12. London
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 09:32
    Originally posted by dottewell
    That doesn't sound like Karpov-Kasparov. It sounds like marriage.
    Actually, married couples generally live longer.
  13. Under Cover
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 11:22
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Fischer is still the World Champion. He always will be, and Fischer isn't going to let anyone be World Champion until Fischer passes away... even even then??? who knows? If he's dead he can still keep the title. hehe

p.s. know I responding to a two month old post - sorry. But, I felt that the post was pertinent to the World Championship that's taking place at present.
    19 September 2006 was 2 months ago? That explains why you think you are a 2000+ player, and most GM's are weak.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 11:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. cavanaugh park
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 14:54
    game three ended in a draw, according to benjamin, kramnick was much better but squandered it and had to take a perpetual check not to lose.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree