1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 17:22
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    So your guy's strawman accusation game is based on the fact that this player

[b]DID MAKE A MISTAKE

dear lord...you guys are great... make a mistake... and GUILTY!
    .....make no mistakes at all...ever.... and GUILTY!

maybe if your rating stays below 1000, and you never post in the forums, then your legit.
    Elsewise your definitely suspect.

Ridiculous.[/b]
    i dont think that was the insinuation Gin for clearly all it was was an oversight, nothing more, nothing less. if you check the game you shall see that white plays excellently, almost optimally and forced black to make the best choices, in fact, sometimes the only choices, and then white plays for queen side attack and gets caught over a simple oversight. He is human and it happens, who has not lost a piece to a simple oversight? or who has not seen a mate because he has been blinded by his own attack? it seems obvious that two humans were playing that game, that is why i am surprised that the thread was removed. look at whites style of play, he is willing to sacrifice material for attacks, a whole knight at one point, that's not a computer, at least i dont think so. Black on the other hand, according to the free version of rybka that i did, makes less than optimal moves, sometimes not even in the top five, again, that indicates to me that it is a very human game. Anyone that insinuates anything other than that has either not looked at the game or is drawing unsubstantiated conclusions.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 17:25
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    perhaps they thought, that no one shall notice, that it really was a dream, i mean, i really thought that it was a possibility that i dreamed it. you know sometimes you are just daydreaming about a position, well it can happen!
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 17:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you know sometimes you are just daydreaming about a position, well it can happen!
    I had that the other day. I awoke and thought "hey, why isn't that position an easy mate in 4, probably I am recalling the position wrongly". It turned out it was the correct position... and that I am going insane.
  4. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 17:36
    So your guy's strawman accusation
    Where did you read an accusation? 😛
  5. e4
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 18:01
    It was Fat Lady that got the thread pulled.

I don't think he said anything untoward it was just the fact he posted
    is enough these days. He's a marked man.

It was a simple over-sight by a good OTB player lookig at a monitor, playing
    too quick and playing too many games.

These stupid errors are far more common on the net and can happen to anyone
    at anytime. Espescially if you think you are immune to making such errors
    and rely on your in built OTB sense of danger.
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 18:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    As I pointed out in the thread which got pulled, DanVM has made 663 moves so far this month - he can't put hours of work into all of them! Everyone is allowed to miss a mate in one now and then.
  7. Standard memberDer Bayer
    The Silver Hammer
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 18:22
    So your guy's strawman accusation game is based on the fact that this player

[b]DID MAKE A MISTAKE

dear lord...you guys are great... make a mistake... and GUILTY!
    .....make no mistakes at all...ever.... and GUILTY!
    Make some mistakes, often, but no big ones... and GUILTY!

maybe if your rating stays below 1000, and you never post in the forums, then your legit.
    Elsewise your definitely suspect.

Ridiculous.[/b]
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. Some people on this website are convinced that anyone who plays better than them couldn't be doing so legitimately since that would hurt their egos. That's why they scrutinize the games of the top players and look for anything that seems out of the ordinary, and start throwing out accusations, thus rationalizing their own shortcomings.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 18:57
    Having played DanVM and lost, I can attest he is a VERY strong player. However flukes do happen. Mistakes are made and you have to pounce on them when they happen. They dont happen often, but no one is perfect now are they?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 19:11
    Originally posted by chessisagame
    Having played DanVM and lost, I can attest he is a VERY strong player. However flukes do happen. Mistakes are made and you have to pounce on them when they happen. They dont happen often, but no one is perfect now are they?
    2 Draws as well 🙂 Could never find a way to get passed playing White 😉
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 19:11
    He's not so strong. He doesn't even know how to checkmate with king and two queens vs a lone king: Game 4885012.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 19:14
    Thats a move timeout........ Not a lack of knowledge fat lady.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 19:31
    Thats a move timeout........ Not a lack of knowledge fat lady.
    I'm relatively sure fat lady was joking.
    Here's what I want to know: that last game was a DRAW, not a loss. Why is it counted as a loss?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 21:231 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 21:25
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    It was Fat Lady that got the thread pulled.

I don't think he said anything untoward it was just the fact he posted
    is enough these days. He's a marked man.

It was a simple over-sight by a good OTB player lookig at a monitor, playing
    too quick and playing too many games.

These stupid errors are far more common on the net and can happen to anyo ...[text shortened]... you think you are immune to making such errors
    and rely on your in built OTB sense of danger.
    Oooh spicy drama!

What's the background on this?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 21:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree