1. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 00:15
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    Why pay money to play somewhere, when a slew of non-subscribing players can/could accuse you of foul play, over, and over, and over again?
    It's the few of them that spoil it for the rest
  2. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 01:46
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator

Please do not use the forums to insinuation whether a player is cheating or not.
    Can we make fun of your English? 😛
  3. Subscriberjoesheppe
    Lesser Poobah
    Northern California
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 02:12
    Is it hot in here?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 02:38
    or perhaps these systems are in place to stop players from accusing non-cheaters.
    Any idea of broadcasting unprofessional and biased evidence in a open source setting
    is at best, ludicrous. Cheating is certainly a problem, and it certainly needs a
    solution. The solution however, is not to allow random players to protest openly
    against other play ...[text shortened]... ver, and over, and over again?

I think the system has been built with more in mind.

-GIN
    Why pay money to subscribe to a site where blatantly obvious cheats are allowed to move to the top of the ratings lists with impunity? And where attempts to simply cite to their earliest games (which are of completely novice quality) are censored?
  5. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 02:451 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Why pay money to subscribe to a site where blatantly obvious cheats are allowed to move to the top of the ratings lists with impunity? And where attempts to simply cite to their earliest games (which are of completely novice quality) are censored?
    Oh,

blatant cheats? - how many still exist? What evidence creates such certainty?

Citing evidence - Why must it be for all to see? If its indeed accurate, revocation of
    there account should be sufficient, not public humiliation in all cases, accurate or not.

Impunity - English Tal? Sea Devil? .. the list of bans from the first page is rather long,
    how many 1400's have been caught cheating?
    1500s? How about non-tournament winners? It would seem only the opposite.
    Players whom find there way to high ratings anoint themselves with a glorious target.

The fact is, this site has been weakened, and scarred more by the public accusations, and the unending witch hunt; than it ever has due any cheater.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 02:501 edit
    Oh,

blatant cheats? - how many still exist? What evidence creates such certainty?

Citing evidence - Why must it be for all to see? If its indeed accurate, revocation of
    there account should be sufficient, not public humiliation in all cases, accurate or not.

Impunity - English Tal? Sea Devil? .. the list of bans from the first page is ra more by the public accusations, and the unending witch hunt; than it ever has due any cheater.
    Baloney. The site has been scarred and discredited far more by the number of cheaters who have been allowed to continue to play on - in some cases for years - than by the accurate reporting of the evidence of their cheating by other players.

It is hypocritical to insist that no evidence be allowed to be presented and then to claim that no evidence exists because presentation of it has been censored.
  7. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 02:562 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Baloney. The site has been scarred and discredited far more by the number of cheaters who have been allowed to continue to play on - in some cases for years - than by the accurate reporting of the evidence of their cheating by other players.

It is hypocritical to insist that no evidence be allowed to be presented and then to claim that no evidence exists because presentation of it has been censored.
    Its silly to believe any method is completely accurate, and above error.
    Accurate reporting still exists, it need only be reported to a group of professionals, or at
    least a group dedicated to the study of said issues.

Imagine a justice system where all you needed to do was publish your personal findings,
    which would not be double checked, and then the town placed the suspect in jail.

Ridiculous.

Evidence of all actions exist, if players are indeed cheating, they should be punished.
    Punishing them is simple, compile evidence, and give it to an authority whom may
    turn the evidence into conviction.

Many strong players are willing to leave this site due to the witch hunts.. I know very
    few whom have left due to cheating. I've heard complaints, I've seen clubs built
    around known legitimacy. I've yet to see a group of players exclaim that there
    is just to much cheating and they must go to some other site. 🙄

Cheaters may be vanquished without parading around and pointing fingers in the
    hopes of finally hitting the right one.

Every site fights the same issues, for this site to remain a staple in the community,
    the importance of fair and accurate consequences must be explored. Public accusation
    is not fair, nor accurate. Every player deserves to play without any type of character
    deframation. The system should be built to investigate, and remove cheaters without
    absolving said comforts. Of course we have no "rights", but if said comforts disappear
    the site is much more likely to be poisoned, than by the few cheaters who may slip
    through the cracks.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 02:572 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 02:58
    I agree with Number 1 and Now. There are points to both sides.

But, look at it this way, everytime they ban a cheater thats $29.99 coming out

of their pockets. Do you really think they really want to lose income?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 03:00
    Originally posted by chessisagame
    I agree with Number 1 and Now. There are points to both sides.

But, look at it this way, everytime they ban a cheater thats $29.99 coming out

of their pockets. Do you really think they really want to lose income?
    Are you saying Russ made this website for personal greed?

If so, he should've made this site Member's only.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 03:011 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    please EmLasker dude, that's the sort of thing that gets threads pulled,. Its much better to say something broad and general like, 'its only those who actually do cheat that have anything to fear', and in that way its not directed at anyone personally, but the point is still made. 🙂
  12. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 03:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'm amazed how cute you are.

I am very insecure, I need somebody to make me feel pretty.
  13. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 03:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    please EmLasker dude, that's the sort of thing that gets threads pulled,. Its much better to say something broad and general like, 'only those who actually do cheat that have anything to fear', and in that way its not directed at anyone personally, but the point is still made. 🙂
    He didn't meen chess improvement...

He likes my figure.
  14. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 03:04
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    Are you saying Russ made this website for personal greed?

If so, he should've made this site Member's only.
    Tough to get members without being able to "try before you buy"
    Russ made this site based on his own dream, not ours.
    I wouldn't call an online chess site with a $30 annual fee "Greedy"....

Silly...
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 03:04
    Personally Im kinda surprised the forums arent members only..... especially with all the mud the non-subs throw around.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree