1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 21:361 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Oooh spicy drama!

What's the background on this?
    1) I post a message in the forums pointing out that one or more of the top players is an engine user.

2) The thread gets deleted.

3) I get a forum ban.

4) Goto 1.
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 21:37
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    1) I post a message in the forums pointing out that one or more of the top players is an engine user.

2) The thread gets deleted.

3) I get a forum ban.

4) Goto 1.
    Thank goodness this thread isn't one of those
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 22:13
    As I said in a post that was deleted because I linked to some games, some things on this site never change.
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 22:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 22:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    As I said in a post that was deleted because I linked to some games, some things on this site never change.
    The mod team does 😛
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 22:29
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    The mod team does 😛
    Personnel maybe, but the same failed policies continue.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 22:471 edit
    hi, a little transparency would help, for example, a reason as to why a thread was deleted, anything else is draconian. It takes less than a minute to state that something is considered as inappropriate and this is the reason why. Its very unusual that all comments in a thread are unacceptable and pulling the comments of one or two that are deemed unacceptable and a reason stated as to why they were unacceptable is the gentlemanly way of conduct.
  8. Forum Moderator
    30 Dec '09 22:54
    The orignal thread started with an insinuation of cheating and so was removed. Several posts in this follow up thread have also been removed due to some users insinuating others of cheating.

Please do not use the forums to insinuation whether a player is cheating or not. If you suspect a player is cheating then use the Fair Play Ticket system
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 22:594 edits
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    The orignal thread started with an insinuation of cheating and so was removed. Several posts in this follow up thread have also been removed due to some users insinuating others of cheating.

Please do not use the forums to insinuation whether a player is cheating or not. If you suspect a player is cheating then use the Fair Play Ticket system
    dear moderator, i do not think that it can be construed as an insinuation of cheating, for i remember clearly that the original poster was merely stating the unusual occurrence of a player rated 1400 winning over an opponent rated 2400, therefore to insinuate that an insinuation of cheating has been made on this basis, may have been a grave error of judgement. However i do admit, that having not seen all the subsequent comments, others may have taken liberties whence none should have been taken. It may be a difficult call to make and i do not envy your position, therefore peace to you dear moderator, and may the sons of your moderation abound as the sands of the desert!
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 23:05
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator

Perhaps you're in a position to tell us how many players have been banned for engine use in, say, the last twelve months? I have to say that the general feeling amongst people that I exchange PMs with is that the Fair Play Ticket system is a complete waste of time.
  11. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 23:08
    Perhaps you're in a position to tell us how many players have been banned for engine use in, say, the last twelve months? I have to say that the general feeling amongst people that I exchange PMs with is that the Fair Play Ticket system is a complete waste of time.
    This is not the place for such discussions dude, this is about a totally awesome game where an IM-elect loses to a 1400.
  12. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 23:111 edit
    This is not the place for such discussions dude, this is about a totally awesome game where an IM-elect loses to a 1400.
    Fair enough. I withdraw my question / comment.

I still think that if a player is playing twenty or so moves a day he won't be playing to his full strength and so it's quite understandable if he makes the odd blunder. I was just playing through some of DanVM's games and although there are some real stinkers, most of them are very well played indeed.
  13. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 23:241 edit
    Bang on the button 😀

...as usual
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 23:34
    As long as the site is more interested in punishing those who call attention to obvious evidence of cheating rather than the cheaters themselves the do nothing "systems" devised to divert legitimate criticism of the failed policies undertaken will continue to be treated as the bad jokes they are.
  15. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 00:012 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    As long as the site is more interested in punishing those who call attention to obvious evidence of cheating rather than the cheaters themselves the do nothing "systems" devised to divert legitimate criticism of the failed policies undertaken will continue to be treated as the bad jokes they are.
    or perhaps these systems are in place to stop players from accusing non-cheaters.
    Any idea of broadcasting unprofessional and biased evidence in a open source setting
    is at best, ludicrous. Cheating is certainly a problem, and it certainly needs a
    solution. The solution however, is not to allow random players to protest openly
    against other players.

The fair ticket system is built with anonymity in mind. Should a cheater be
    discovered through the correct, and fair, use of the system, then that player will be
    banned. At that time, the violation becomes clear.

Decribing the value of someones play is one thing (which thankfully this thread
    continues to do), its the accusation of using outside parties to enhance your play,
    which clearly violates each players freedom.

Why pay money to play somehwere, when a slew of non-subscribing players can/could
    accuse you of foul play, over, and over, and over again?

I think the system has been built with more in mind.

-GIN

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree