1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 11:51
    Originally posted by NicotineMan
    I recommend you buy Kasparov's last book. It is a 4 book set and *very expensive* but it is just great. You money will not be wasted as it will be a nice classic in your library for years to come.
    Hear hear. I have only the first book but I learned a huge amount from it.
  2. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by obliteration
    Out of all the GM's there have ever been, who has been your favorite and why?
    Not a GM, but I like IM Mestrovic because he used to start with 1. Nc3/ 2. Ne4/ 3. Ng3. 😀
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 12:02
    Originally posted by mufin78man
    Hear hear. I have only the first book but I learned a huge amount from it.
    Go buy theVolume on Fischer! You are missing too much.

Also you must buy;

''My 60 Most Memorable Games'' by Bobby Fischer too if you do not have it.

Do not waste time, go and order online or something 😀😀😀
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 13:53
    Fischer is just too accurate in whatever he spits out from his brilliant mind
    You're stoned.

Fischer was a brilliant chess player. Now he is a pathetic bigot.
  5. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 20:22
    Samuel Reshevsky
  6. Under Cover
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 20:56
    Brian Reid...

His ideas on attack and defense are beyond the reasoning skill of even today's greatest players. (Because there is little to no reason behind his moves, which is why he floats between 1500-1600 on RHP).
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '05 23:43
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    You're stoned.

Fischer was a brilliant chess player. Now he is a pathetic bigot.
    BOBBY FISCHER IS AN ALL AROUND GENIUS WHOM I ADORE SOO MUCH! I might be stoned but I meant his words in a good way😉
  8. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 00:18
    Aron Nimzowitch - A great thinker and a great writer
    His principles and openings will forever be a part of
    good, competitive chess...!
  9. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '05 17:41
    Capablanca for his elegance.
  10. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 00:08
    like Muffin78man, I enjoy Morphy's game best. Simply because he was the most accurate player who ever lived (although he wasn't immune from mistakes). Even Fischer says that if Morphy could be brought to life, he would take some time to acauaint himself with modern theory, then be the best player alive. I do disagree with Muffin78man, with the idea that Morphy held the secret to positiional chess where the rest just flailed away at each other. Take a look at Anderssen's games, or even Staunton's for that matter. Morphy was simply to strong for either. And Morphy had some peculiar ideas that seem laughable today. Regarding one opening, he wrote, "It should be the subject for rejoicing for every lover of the game...(this opening)..has passed away." Guess which opening? Right, the Sicilian Defence. Morphy thought it was a "pernicious" waste of time. I think he played it once in his career. No, Morphy was not an idea man like Steintz or Reti or Nimzowitch. He was simply strong.
  11. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 00:23
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    Talkasparovspasskyfischer is a great attacking player, probably the greatest.
    Bowmanntrains44darvlaykatty great attacking players, probably the greatest.
  12. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 00:24
    BOBBY FISCHER IS AN ALL AROUND GENIUS WHOM I ADORE SOO MUCH! I might be stoned but I meant his words in a good way😉
    Let me be the first to stone ya. How on earth can anyone ADORE such a piece a shlt?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 05:541 edit
    Originally posted by TRAINS44
    Let me be the first to stone ya. How on earth can anyone ADORE such a piece a shlt?
    No need to stone me ya, I am stoned 24/7.I don't want to start a fight with anbody in *ONLY CHESS* forums, especially with you. It is not funny what you wrote about Bobby Fischer and I will be glad if you deleted that piece of crap post about Bobby Fischer whom I have enormous respect even he made unfortunate comments when he was young and arrogant.

Be more respectful! You ignorant piece of *nonsense* (censored the anger there)😠😠😠

*Edit* He is one of the greatest chessplayers of all time. You gotta respect that.PERIOD.😠
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 06:101 edit
    Originally posted by buddy2
    like Muffin78man, I enjoy Morphy's game best. Simply because he was the most accurate player who ever lived (although he wasn't immune from mistakes). Even Fischer says that if Morphy could be brought to life, he would take some time to acauaint himself with modern theory, then be the best player alive. I do disagree with Muffin78man, with the idea that ...[text shortened]... reer. No, Morphy was not an idea man like Steintz or Reti or Nimzowitch. He was simply strong.
    Agree. Morphy was way too strong for any of his contemproraries.

*edit* I am also surprised nobody claimed, the best chessplayer of all time, Garry Kasparov as his favorite player. Maybe he isn't liked so much??? Or maybe he isn't the best of all time even the ratings indicate so?

Also I am more surprised that nobody even mentioned, Karpov and Botvinnik who clearly are stronger than Lasker, Euwe, Capabalanca and many champions or Gms in my opeinion.
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 13:05
    *Edit* He is one of the greatest chessplayers of all time. You gotta respect that.PERIOD.😠
    I respect that.

But, Fischer's mental state and opinions on non-chess matters, as well as much of what he has said about chess in recent years, are nothing deserving respect. Pity would be more appropriate. Stoned or not, you should be able to see that. If not, then seek professional help.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree