1. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 14:33
    Originally posted by AnneChristina
    "Ohh man!! You havent seen me."

That`s true enough. How do you compare?
    Well, I dont play chess as well as him, not nearly. But I play a mean game a ping-pong! I'm so good lookin, I hope I stay like this forever.😏
  2. Behind You!
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 14:39
    'The Rock' - is my favorite chess player!, he's da man.
  3. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:03
    Originally posted by amir1
    'The Rock' - is my favorite chess player!, he's da man.
    But "the rock" dont know chess from backgammon!
  4. Behind You!
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 20:10
    last I heard he got a GM title from FIDE... after some "negotiations" (a.k.a head bashing) with FIDE officials.
    😀
    The Rock rulez!
  5. Joined
    14 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 10:151 edit
    Morphy and Alekhine.

Morphy, because it was while playing through his game against the duke of brunswick that really inspired me to take the game seriously. Just the simple elegance of it was pure poetry. I also enjoyed reading about his exploits in the states and europe in 'The exploits and triumphs in europe' by milne edge......a great read if your interested in chess in the 19th century

Alekhine, The guy treated chess not as a game but as art! His breathtaking forking combination against richard reti' is simply astounding. I've practiced trying to see all the possible variations from this... but just can't do it

Possibly capablanca, i say 'possibly' because while the cuban genius ( he'd love to hear that), is undoubtedly a natural, brilliant player...i just don't like the guy at all. In his 'My best games' he comes across as extemely concieted.....no, i prefer modesty thankyou
  6. Joined
    07 Aug '04
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 20:11
    I would probably plump for Ron Weasley from Harry potter fame.
  7. Joined
    25 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 20:25
    Harry Nelson Pillsbury.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree