1. Mississauga, Ontario
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:40
    Originally posted by sundown316
    Bravo,leestatic! Lasker is also my favorite,because of his fighting spirit,and his view that chess,above all else,is a fight. His must win against Capa at St. Petersburg,1914,still rates as one of the greatest games in history,and one of the greatest pieces of chess "psyching out" that ever was. If I had to select the one player to play the game to save the universe,it would be Lasker,hands down.
    Is it possible to get the annotations for that?
  2. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '05 21:52
    Major change of heart. Mikhail Ivanovich Chigorin is my new favorite.
  3. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 01:08
    Originally posted by obliteration
    Out of all the GM's there have ever been, who has been your favorite and why?
    Paul Morphy. He's the greatest player who ever lived, and if he were alive today, there is no one alive - including Kasparov - who could beat him in a set match.

πŸ™‚
  4. malaysia
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 01:27
    Originally posted by obliteration
    Out of all the GM's there have ever been, who has been your favorite and why?
    Though i like playing chess, I hardly know any GM..(wut's da meanin of GM anyway ??) ...πŸ˜€ ...but, in terms of favourite player..I would like to choose my brother...a very good player at board games...chess,checkers n few others more ... is this acceptable ???...😡
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 02:48
    Originally posted by cludi
    Aron Nimzowitch - A great thinker and a great writer
    His principles and openings will forever be a part of
    good, competitive chess...!
    This would be my exact answer,rec fo ya,though the correct name is Aaron Nimzowitsch.
  6. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 18:52
    Originally posted by Tetsujin
    Is it possible to get the annotations for that?
    Of course. You could always try a search but here it is: http://tinyurl.com/bqdw7
  7. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 18:59
    Originally posted by eyeknee
    Though i like playing chess, I hardly know any GM..(wut's da meanin of GM anyway ??) ...πŸ˜€ ...but, in terms of favourite player..I would like to choose my brother...a very good player at board games...chess,checkers n few others more ... is this acceptable ???...😡
    The (not 'da'πŸ˜‰ meaning of GM is Grand Master. The highest rank available in chess. It is awarded by FIDE (Federation International de Eches - www.fide.com).

Bobby Fisher is perhaps the best known American GM.
  8. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 19:39
    I'm kind of partial to Capa and Bobby, because they were outsiders. Capa because of his brilliance in the endgame and the fact he went eight years unbeaten, and Fischer because of his general brilliance.
  9. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 19:57
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I hardly know any GM's, but I happen to know one in person. I don't know if many up here ever heard of him, his name is Dimitri Reinderman. I guess he is a favorite if I 'have' to have one.
    When you next speak to him, tell him to stop putting his White knight on a4. http://www.chessgames.com/player/dimitri_reinderman.html. He'd thrash me, but doesn't put up a good show against the super-GMs.
  10. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 20:22
    Originally posted by TRAINS44
    Let me be the first to stone ya. How on earth can anyone ADORE such a piece a shlt?
    I think the difference is whether this is a popularity contest to find the *nicest* person or the player whose games you enjoy the most. Two different things. By all accounts, Bobby was impeccably well behaved over the board. And certainly one of the greatest players ever. Off the board he's become a kook. But, what's this got to do with his chess? Alekhine also was an anti-Semitic. Should we stone his supporters, too? Are there any other great chess players you dislike? Maybe we can get all their supporters together in one place to save on rocks?
  11. Forgotten
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 21:241 edit
    my favorite chess player is me of course
  12. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 21:36
    Kasparaov - he`s so hunky and cute!!!!
  13. malaysia
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 04:57
    Originally posted by zebano
    The (not 'da'πŸ˜‰ meaning of GM is Grand Master. The highest rank available in chess. It is awarded by FIDE (Federation International de Eches - www.fide.com).

Bobby Fisher is perhaps the best known American GM.
    thx for "the" meaning...πŸ˜‰
  14. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 16:01
    Originally posted by AnneChristina
    Kasparaov - he`s so hunky and cute!!!!
    Ohh man!! You havent seen me.
  15. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 09:15
    "Ohh man!! You havent seen me."

That`s true enough. How do you compare?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree