Who was the biggest cheat?

Who was the biggest cheat?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New York

Moves
01 Nov 08

While waiting for a player to move in my games, I stumbled upon this guy: User 68295. Was anyone more notorious?

FL

Moves
01 Nov 08

I think User 51824 did well to avoid being banned for so long. He was #3 on this site for years and won twenty tournaments.

M
sorozatgyilkos

leölés ellenfeleim

Moves
01 Nov 08

This one always gives me a laugh..

User 285560

C

Chess Incubator

Moves
01 Nov 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Mathurine

User 285560

Great Discovery for me!!!!!
How amazing his graph is...

His played alot with "ke3" user who was also a great cheater and amazingly ke3 resigned awfully to him.

They were both banned at the same date and time.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by Swiss Toni
Was anyone more notorious?
IM31 wasn't very notorius, but quite the opposite as I've understood. crackhead however was a douche even before getting caught.

User 86233

Moves
01 Nov 08

How do you know somebody is cheating and not just really good at chess?

JoL
Curb Your Enthusiasm

London

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by MilkyJoe
If they were really good at chess they wouldn't bother playing here.

Not a pleasant thought but very true I'm afraid. I'm an extremely average chess otb. Literally just an average club player. Here I'm in the top few hundred out of thousands.

New York

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by Mathurine

User 285560

How on earth can a rating even get over 3001 with two losses? I hadn't seen this one before so thanks for pointing it out. It gave me a chuckle too.

STS

Moves
01 Nov 08

How on earth can a rating even get over 3001 with two losses? I hadn't seen this one before so thanks for pointing it out. It gave me a chuckle too.
The losses were unrated games

C

Chess Incubator

Moves
01 Nov 08

I think user 285550 was actually "Golden King" as he start loosing games to himself and thus got 3000+ rating too early. You can see the games 285550 played and resinged. As i said earlier , both these players banned at the same time.

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by ChessAddiction
I think user 285550 was actually "Golden King" as he start loosing games to himself and thus got 3000+ rating too early. You can see the games 285550 played and resinged. As i said earlier , both these players banned at the same time.
Actually, it was the same guy playing as about 20 different people - all got banned the same day.

Look at the first game of each identity to find the previous one....

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
02 Nov 08
1 edit

They have this method by which they match up a player's move against Fritz (or some other engine) and if the moves match more than X% of the time, the person is assumed to have used the engine. I'm not sure exactly what the standard is; but I think the general idea is that if your moves match Fritz more than Gary Kasparov and Vishy Anand and your name isn't Kramnik or Karpov, you're probably cheating.

E

Moves
02 Nov 08

mgbal and cludi

Moves
03 Nov 08

Originally posted by sh76
They have this method by which they match up a player's move against Fritz (or some other engine) and if the moves match more than X% of the time, the person is assumed to have used the engine. I'm not sure exactly what the standard is; but I think the general idea is that if your moves match Fritz more than Gary Kasparov and Vishy Anand and your name isn't Kramnik or Karpov, you're probably cheating.
What if they use a few engines in different games, or switch engines during a game?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
03 Nov 08

What if they use a few engines in different games, or switch engines during a game?
Try it and you'll see what happens, or at least we will after you have gone!