20 Jul '18 20:014 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 20:071 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    All of which Deep Thought has now corrected his position on with the following statement!

"Yes, it is correct. It was that factor of 1/2 that bothered me, once it dawned on me that it had been introduced into the numerator in the first step then the correctness of the proof became clear to me." (DeepThought)

You are a lunatic! What do YOU think of the proof?!? Not Soothfast, not Blood on The Tracks, not Deep Thought... YOU , YOU , YOU...YOU crazy liar!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 07:26
    Hi , Joe.

Thanks for the support.

All I did was suggest, in no challenging way whatsoever, an alternative method.

My problem on this forum is knowing where one has to 'explain to'. With no arrogance, it was clear to me that presenting the original expression in another form showed that it could not be cancelled any more.

For what it is worth, I do think D64 is 'good at Maths'. Unfortunately this poster's shrieking abuse to anyone she/he feels is in any way disagreeing with her/him is the reason that I rarely visit RHP now.
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 12:35
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Hi , Joe.

Thanks for the support.

My problem on this forum is knowing where one has to 'explain to'. With no arrogance, it was clear to me that presenting the original expression in another form showed that it could not be cancelled any more.

For what it ...[text shortened]... she/he feels is in any way disagreeing with her/him is the reason that I rarely visit RHP now.
    Yes, I'm burning out on it too.

I assume that he/she would consider it a victory if we were all to leave.

Though, even if left alone...I'm sure the abusive debating would continue.

I have no idea regarding maths, but I'm just wise enough to recognize the existence of other roads to Rome.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 14:214 edits
    Hi , Joe.

Thanks for the support.

For what it ...[text shortened]... she/he feels is in any way disagreeing with her/him is the reason that I rarely visit RHP now.
    "For what it is worth, I do think D64 is 'good at Maths'. Unfortunately this poster's shrieking abuse to anyone she/he feels is in any way disagreeing with her/him is the reason that I rarely visit RHP now."

I disagree about her actual abilities:

1) Yesterday she couldn't verify that "your simple algebraic manipulation was correct" nor would she even try ( typically citing reasons like not having the time - meanwhile she makes lengthy posts all over the forums more than any author I know - probably the most active poster the site has ever seen )

2) According to her she is" absolutely mathematically brilliant" yet she couldn't complete verifying two lines of algebraic manipulation? Instead, she deferred to Soothfast, who if rendered a verdict she would jump on board? Sounds fishy to me?

3) She simultaneously criticized your and DT's mathematics (as sub par) in this thread, while using both of your positive remarks about her math skills in another thread ( https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/a-difficult-question.177827 ) as a rebuttal to my accusation that she is a fraud! That's a huge red flag!

4) I have never seen her engage in mathematics that she hasn't initiated, nor has she ever openly discussed mathematics that she has. Its her way, followed by an attack on the solutions "elegance" to put the person wanting to have an open discussion on the defensive; naturally switching the subject from the math (as a focus) to the screeching attack. An essential maneuver for the fraud to escape the noose.

If she wasn't so boastful about her brilliance and degrading to other posters I would let all this nonsense go as well, so she may blissfully continue on with her deranged fantasy. But the Duchess loves the attention, so I think Ill give it to her.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 14:32
    Originally posted by @joe-shmo
    "For what it is worth, I do think D64 is 'good at Maths'. Unfortunately this poster's shrieking abuse to anyone she/he feels is in any way disagreeing with her/him is the reason that I rarely visit RHP now."

I disagree about her actual abilities:

1) Yesterday she couldn't verify that "your simple algebraic manipulation was correct" nor would she e ...[text shortened]... with her deranged fantasy. But the Duchess loves the attention, so I think Ill give it to her.
    Your sentiments against her, now exposed, fraud in mathematics, mirror my own regarding her political exaggerations and lies against the United States.

Keep up the great work!
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 17:12
    Hi Joe

In answer to point 4 above, D64 DID produce a neat proof that root 2 is irrational in that thread, which she/he didn't start.

Why I am putting forward a defence of a poster that frequently treats me to braying insult is beyond me.

But , anyway, there it is.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 17:27
    Hi Joe

In answer to point 4 above, D64 DID produce a neat proof that root 2 is irrational in that thread, which she/he didn't start.

Why I am putting forward a defence of a poster that frequently treats me to braying insult is beyond me.

But , anyway, there it is.
    You can Google most anything lol.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 18:02
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You can Google most anything lol.
    Don't you teach HS math? Did you ever have to come up with that proof?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree