You can type ass.
    I'm aware.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 01:59
    @wildgrass said
    The correct answer is... it's propaganda not science.
    You don't know what it is having never watched it.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 13:25
    @kellyjay said
    I watched them and he is right, it is touting a POV that since science cannot answer the question of OOL, then 'we' are safe in believing GODIDIT. That is the bottom line and I fully acknowledge their scientific credentials but scientists can and do have POV's and theirs have to do with GODIDIT.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 16:40
    @kellyjay said
    It's dangerous and divisive to say our children must decide between "totally different" worldviews that imagine human beings are either pond scum or child of God but not both. He mentioned this false dichotomy before the 2 minute mark.

He's the guy you call if you're a close minded politician who wants to replace 8th grade science class with Bible study.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 19:07
    @sonhouse said
    I watched them and he is right, it is touting a POV that since science cannot answer the question of OOL, then 'we' are safe in believing GODIDIT. That is the bottom line and I fully acknowledge their scientific credentials but scientists can and do have POV's and theirs have to do with GODIDIT.
    You watched the whole thing?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 19:10
    @wildgrass said
    It's dangerous and divisive to say our children must decide between "totally different" worldviews that imagine human beings are either pond scum or child of God but not both. He mentioned this false dichotomy before the 2 minute mark.

He's the guy you call if you're a close minded politician who wants to replace 8th grade science class with Bible study.
    People all have different world views, you not I are suggesting some people are not allowed to share their opinions and beliefs.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 20:17
    @kellyjay said
    People all have different world views, you not I are suggesting some people are not allowed to share their opinions and beliefs.
    They were opinions and beliefs but presented as a science lecture. That is using science for propaganda purposes and yes I watched most of the videos.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '19 03:081 edit
    @sonhouse said
    They were opinions and beliefs but presented as a science lecture. That is using science for propaganda purposes and yes I watched most of the videos.
    Every lecture is presented as a lecture filled with opinions and beliefs, duh! You think because someone disagree with your core views they are in error. Presenting ideas after doing science everyone does that, your core values don't alter your results if the science was solid.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '19 16:481 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Would you agree that it is deliberately divisive to frame an opinion like that. Paraphrasing.... if you think you're just pond scum you are in this category but if you believe we are children of God you have a completely different worldview?

I completely reject this premise. These are not either/or worldviews.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 00:48
    @wildgrass said
    Would you agree that it is deliberately divisive to frame an opinion like that. Paraphrasing.... if you think you're just pond scum you are in this category but if you believe we are children of God you have a completely different worldview?

You think our life form was formed where out of what?
    You rule out pond scum, why?
    If you are going to rule anything in or out, there are questions, as to why?
    What do you use to do that, what sounds divisive, or what could possibly be true?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 00:49
    @wildgrass said

Really, did you use the word propaganda while describing someone's views?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 00:51
    @sonhouse said
    He is a chemist speaking about chemistry, not to your liking, but who the hell are you telling a chemist what they should be able to say about their own field of study? You know enough chemistry to know what he is talking about, or are you just bad mouthing him because he believes something you don't?
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 03:48
    @kellyjay said
    Really, did you use the word propaganda while describing someone's views?
    No.

As sonhouse has pointed out repeatedly, he omits critical information. He selectively chooses the stuff that supports his false dichotomy. By setting up the duality (that doesn't really exist), that if you don't believe in pond scum then you must believe in design, he tells you what you want to hear.

I would never disparage someone else's beliefs and views. I don't disparage his either. He can believe in design. But this propaganda technique tells people what they should believe, and he's not giving an honest picture. "Science doesn't have the full answer... " is a very common propaganda technique. But that's kind of the whole point of science. It builds off the know and into the unknown. When you're at the edge of knowledge, of course there are questions.

Creation is abiogenesis. They're the same thing.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '19 03:56
    @wildgrass said
    No.

As sonhouse has pointed out repeatedly, he omits critical information. He selectively chooses the stuff that supports his false dichotomy. By setting up the duality (that doesn't really exist), that if you don't believe in pond scum then you must believe in design, he tells you what you want to hear.

I would never disparage someone else's beliefs and views. I don' ...[text shortened]... dge of knowledge, of course there are questions.

Creation is abiogenesis. They're the same thing.
    You act as if you watched the video *all of it* you didn't. You don't have a clue but you act like you do, your views of what you didn't see, didn't listen too are meaningless.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree