Bhagavad Gita Cht 8  Text 9

Bhagavad Gita Cht 8 Text 9

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
27 Aug 11
1 edit

CHAPTER 8 TEXT 9

kavim puranam anusasitaram
anor aniyamsam anusmared yah
sarvasya dhataram acintya-rupam
aditya-varnam tamasah parastat

SYNONYMS
kavim--one who knows everything; puranam--the oldest; anusasitaram--the controller; anoh--of the atom; aniyamsam--smaller than; anusmaret--always thinking; yah--one who; sarvasya--of everything; dhataram--the maintainer; acintya--inconceivable; rupam--form; aditya-varnam--illuminated like the sun; tamasah--of the darkness; parastat--transcendental.

TRANSLATION
One should meditate upon the Supreme Person as the one who knows everything, as He who is the oldest, who is the controller, who is smaller than the smallest, who is the maintainer of everything, who is beyond all material conception, who is inconceivable, and who is always a person. He is luminous like the sun and, being transcendental, is beyond this material nature.

PURPORT
The process of thinking of the Supreme is mentioned in this verse. The foremost point is that He is not impersonal or void. One cannot meditate on something impersonal or void. That is very difficult. The process of thinking of Krsna, however, is very easy and is factually stated herein. First of all, He is purusa, spiritual, Rama and Krsna, and is described herein as kavim; that is, He knows past, present and future and therefore knows everything. He is the oldest personality because He is the origin of everything; everything is born out of Him. He is also the supreme controller of the universe, maintainer and instructor of humanity. He is smaller than the smallest. The living entity is one ten-thousandth part of the tip of a hair, but the Lord is so inconceivably small that He enters into the heart of this particle. Therefore He is called smaller than the smallest. As the Supreme, He can enter into the atom and into the heart of the smallest and control him as the Supersoul. Although so small, He is still all-pervading and is maintaining everything. By Him all these planetary systems are sustained. We often wonder how these big planets are floating in the air. It is stated here that the Supreme Lord, by His inconceivable energy, is sustaining all these big planets and systems of galaxies. The word acintya (inconceivable) is very significant in this connection. God's energy is beyond our conception, beyond our thinking jurisdiction, and is therefore called inconceivable (acintya). Who can argue this point? He pervades this material world and yet is beyond it. We cannot even comprehend this material world, which is insignificant compared to the spiritual world--so how can we comprehend what is beyond? Acintya means that which is beyond this material world, that which our argument, logic and philosophical speculation cannot touch, that which is inconceivable. Therefore intelligent persons, avoiding useless argument and speculation, should accept what is stated in scriptures like the Vedas, Gita, and Srimad-Bhagavatam and follow the principles they set down. This will lead one to understanding.

GET YOUR OWN PERSONAL Bhagavad Gita
Original Prabhupada Books

All original pre-1977 books by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

www.KrishnaStore.com

In your face

Moves
27 Aug 11

Classifications of sausage

Sausages classification is subject to regional differences of opinion. Various metrics such as types of ingredients, consistency, and preparation are used. In the English-speaking world, the following distinction between fresh, cooked, and dry sausages seems to be more or less accepted:

* Cooked sausages are made with fresh meats, and then fully cooked. They are either eaten immediately after cooking or must be refrigerated. Examples include hot dogs, Braunschweiger, and liver sausage.
* Cooked smoked sausages are cooked and then smoked or smoke-cooked. They are eaten hot or cold, but need to be refrigerated. Examples include kielbasa, and mortadella. Some are slow cooked while smoking, in which case the process takes several days or longer, such as the case for Gyulai kolbász.
* Fresh sausages are made from meats that have not been previously cured. They must be refrigerated and thoroughly cooked before eating. Examples include Boerewors, Italian pork sausage, siskonmakkara, and breakfast sausage.
* Fresh smoked sausages are fresh sausages that are smoked. They should be refrigerated and cooked thoroughly before eating. Examples include Mettwurst and Teewurst.
* Dry sausages are cured sausages that are fermented and dried. They are generally eaten cold and will keep for a long time. Examples include salami, Droë wors, Finnish meetvursti, Sucuk, Landjäger, and summer sausage.
* Bulk sausage, or sometimes sausage meat, refers to raw, ground, spiced meat, usually sold without any casing.

The distinct flavor of some sausages is due to fermentation by Lactobacillus, Pediococcus, or Micrococcus (added as starter cultures) or natural flora during curing.

Other countries, however, use different systems of classification. Germany, for instance, which boasts more than 1200 types of sausage, distinguishes raw, cooked and precooked sausages.

* Raw sausages are made with raw meat and are not cooked. They are preserved by lactic acid fermentation, and they may be dried, brined or smoked. Most raw sausages will keep for a long time. Examples include Mettwurst and salami.
* Cooked sausages may include water and emulsifiers and are always cooked. They will not keep long. Examples include cervelat, Jagdwurst, and Weißwurst.
* Precooked sausages (Kochwurst) are made with cooked meat but may also include raw organ meat. They may be heated after casing, and they will keep only for a few days. Examples include Saumagen and Blutwurst.

In Italy, the basic distinctions are:

* Raw sausage (salsiccia) with a thin casing
* Cured and aged sausage (salsiccia stagionata or salsiccia secca)
* Cooked sausage (wuerstel)
* Blood sausage (sanguinaccio or boudin)
* Liver sausage (salsiccia di fegato)
* Salami (in Italy, salami is the plural of salame, a big, cured, fermented and air-dried sausage)
* Cheese sausage (casalsiccia) with cheese inside

The U.S. has a particular type called pickled sausages, commonly found in gas stations and small roadside delicatessens. These are usually smoked or boiled sausages of a highly processed hot dog or kielbasa style plunged into a boiling brine of vinegar, salt, spices, and often a pink coloring, then canned in Mason jars. They are available in single blister packs or sold out of a jar. They are shelf stable, and they are a frequently offered alternative to beef jerky, Slim Jims, and other kippered snacks.

Certain countries classify sausage types according to the region in which the sausage was traditionally produced:

* France: Montbéliard, Morteau, Strasbourg, Toulouse,..
* Germany: Frankfurt am Main, Thuringia, Nuremberg, Pomerania, ..
* Austria: Vienna, ..
* Italy: Merano (Meraner Wurst)
* UK: Cumberland, Chiltern, Lincolnshire, Glamorgan, ..
* Slovenia: Kranjska (klobasa), after the Slovenian name for the province of Carniola
* Spain: botifarra catalana, chorizo riojano, chorizo gallego, chorizo de Teror, longaniza de Aragón, morcilla de Burgos, morcilla de Ronda, morcilla extremeña, morcilla dulce canaria, llonganissa de Vic, fuet d'Olot, sobrassada mallorquina, botillo de León, llonganissa de Valencia, farinato de Salamanca, ..
* Poland: kielbasa krakowska (Kraków-style), toruńska (Toru&#324😉, żywiecka (Żywiec), bydgoska (Bydgoszcz), krotoszyńska (Krotoszyn), podwawelska (literally: "from under Wawel"😉, zielonogórska (Zielona Góra), rzeszowska (Rzeszów), śląska (Silesia), swojska, wiejska, jałowcowa, zwyczajna, polska, krajańska, szynkowa, parówkowa, ..
* Hungary: kolbász gyulai (after the town of Gyula), csabai (after the city of Békéscsaba), Debrecener (after the city of Debrecen).
* Serbia: Sremska kobasica, Sremska salama, Sremski kulen (after the region of Srem/Sirmium), Požarevačka kobasica (after the city of Požarevac)

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by jimslyp69
Classifications of sausage

Sausages classification is subject to regional differences of opinion. Various metrics such as types of ingredients, consistency, and preparation are used. In the English-speaking world, the following distinction between fresh, cooked, and dry sausages seems to be more or less accepted:

* Cooked sausages are made with f ...[text shortened]... n (after the region of Srem/Sirmium), Požarevačka kobasica (after the city of Požarevac)
this was very enlightening. what more can you tell me about sausages?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
27 Aug 11

Sausage mantra

The meat is in the sausage

(Repeat)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Sausage mantra

The meat is in the sausage

(Repeat)
My guru, the Sau Sage

Long live the Sage.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
My guru, the Sau Sage

Long live the Sage.
yummmmmmmmm

In your face

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
this was very enlightening. what more can you tell me about sausages?
I could tell you plenty but I fear I would be cut down by 'the scientists' as they are in direct conflict with my sausageology.

I pity the sausageless infidels.

If a circle is r=sausage, then it's area must be pi sausage squared. This does not add up as you cannot have sausages in a pi, unless it is a sausage pi, which do not exist.

This proves the science of all things round incorrect (apart from sausages of course).

'The Sage' has spoken.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Aug 11

I could tell you plenty but I fear I would be cut down by 'the scientists' as they are in direct conflict with my sausageology.

If a circle is r=sausage, then it's area must be pi sausage squared. This does not add up as you cannot have sausages in a pi, unless it is a sausage pi, which do not exist.

This proves th ...[text shortened]... ce of all things round incorrect (apart from sausages of course).

'The Sage' has spoken.
All we have to do is listen to Sage advice.

a

Moves
28 Aug 11

You have not heard of the sausage roll? It is a sausage encased in pastry and cut into small lengths and then baked. Given pastry envelops a pi, and the same pastry can also be used to envelop a sausage (albeit with open ends), you could call the sausage roll a sausage pi. I think the reasoning is correct but the conclusion is not; I posit that pi sausage squared = sausage roll. Using sage is an optional extra (that's my sage advice).

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
28 Aug 11

Male chauvanist!

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
28 Aug 11

Originally posted by andrew93
You have not heard of the sausage roll? It is a sausage encased in pastry and cut into small lengths and then baked. Given pastry envelops a pi, and the same pastry can also be used to envelop a sausage (albeit with open ends), you could call the sausage roll a sausage pi. I think the reasoning is correct but the conclusion is not; I posit that pi sausage squared = sausage roll. Using sage is an optional extra (that's my sage advice).
where would pigs in a blanket fit into the whole scheme?

In your face

Moves
28 Aug 11

Originally posted by andrew93
You doubt the word of 'The Sage' infidel?

Your careless talk is causing unrest amongst the following. Consider yourself bannished to a skinless abyss.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Aug 11

You doubt the word of 'The Sage' infidel?

Your careless talk is causing unrest amongst the following. Consider yourself bannished to a skinless abyss.
Wow, that puts the definition of 'skinhead' in an entirely new light🙂

u
semper fi

Moves
28 Aug 11

All of this "cheating sausage science" really needs to stop.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
29 Aug 11

Originally posted by usmc7257
All of this "cheating sausage science" really needs to stop.
do not blaspheme the holy name of sausage!