Big Bang

Big Bang

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pf

Moves
08 Sep 10

Originally posted by sonhouse
It was the result of a higher universe equivalent to a high school physics class. The students each had a universe making machine but had to devise the rules of physics for their own project. We happen to have been made in one in which the student set up rules that for him, by chance it turned out to be favorable for life on Earth.

The student put in hi ...[text shortened]...
The instructor gave that student an A for his work. That was the best grade in the whole class.
so thats great do you now think that the universe was created??

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Sep 10

Originally posted by pink floyd123
so thats great do you now think that the universe was created??
Well the real point is even if it was 'created' it doesn't have to have come from what you and your religious buddies think of as a god, which you are welcome to that belief, there is no fight between religion and science on that issue so far at least. Maybe in a hundred years or a thousand years of continual scientific progress we can make a more definitive statement scientifically about what came before and such but for right now, it's anyone's guess as to how it first started.

The same with evolution. I can't understand why religious folks get so bent out of shape with that concept when the real fight is over how life started in the first place. Evolution, as we all should know at least in this forum by now, is about what happened after. But the religious right continues to use the monkey turned into man concept which isn't what evolution says but they do that to deflect from the main issue.

pf

Moves
13 Sep 10

Well the real point is even if it was 'created' it doesn't have to have come from what you and your religious buddies think of as a god, which you are welcome to that belief, there is no fight between religion and science on that issue so far at least. Maybe in a hundred years or a thousand years of continual scientific progress we can make a more definitiv ...[text shortened]... concept which isn't what evolution says but they do that to deflect from the main issue.
yes i beleave you may be correct but would it be great if there is a GOD

Cape Town

Moves
14 Sep 10

No. It wouldn't be great. It wouldn't really affect my life at all. If God exists, then he has already been allowing all the bad things to happen, and there is no reason to believe that would change simply because I realized he exists.
I am not convinced that Christians live a better life on average than I do.
As for life after death, I am yet to hear of a reasonable explanation for how that would make any sense, or be meaningful or desirable to me.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Sep 10

What difference would it make if there was some god or other? Are things going so well on our planet now because of this god? I don't think so. I think if there was some kind of god, it would take more of an interest in our planet. I don't see any sign of that. Mostly war and more war and a lot of it over variations of religious dogma.

F

Moves
15 Sep 10
1 edit

It would be only so easy to have a god to explain everything.
Like "Why E=mc2?" "Becase god wanted it to be like that!" No science needed.
"Where did life come from?" "Because it was created by god!" No science needed.
"Where did the Universe come from?" "God created it!" No science needed.
"Who created RedHotPawn?" "Russ did it!" No science needed.
And so on...

See it like this instead: "Every scientific achievemnet is a step to knowing god better. Because god is Universe, with all it natural laws and constants. By doing deep scientific research of the nature of the universe, you get to know the nature of god. By knowing science you know god.
Not the christian god, hell no, but the True God.

The scientists are the true teologians. If they prove the word of the genesis is wrong, it's because it is wrong, and doesn't show the real nature of god.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
No. It wouldn't be great. It wouldn't really affect my life at all. If God exists, then he has already been allowing all the bad things to happen, and there is no reason to believe that would change simply because I realized he exists.
I am not convinced that Christians live a better life on average than I do.
As for life after death, I am yet to hear o ...[text shortened]... reasonable explanation for how that would make any sense, or be meaningful or desirable to me.
I agree you accepting there is a God would not change your life at all, the devils
believe, but that does not change anything for them either. What would change
your life would be to actually getting to know God, that would without a doubt
turn your whole life into something new. That would change it to the point that
no matter what happen to your life, it would not matter due to the truth that you
would now have.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 10

What difference would it make if there was some god or other? Are things going so well on our planet now because of this god? I don't think so. I think if there was some kind of god, it would take more of an interest in our planet. I don't see any sign of that. Mostly war and more war and a lot of it over variations of religious dogma.
Except that is man vs man, God is something much greater.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Sep 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
Except that is man vs man, God is something much greater.
Kelly
That 'much greater' part is not doing mankind any good. In fact, it seems to be leading to our demise as a species. The planet would be much happier without humans on it anyway.

F

Moves
20 Sep 10

Don't let this be an endless discussion about religious details. Please, stop the religion in this thread. BigBang is great as it is without meddling with non-scientific arguments.

K

Germany

Moves
20 Sep 10

That 'much greater' part is not doing mankind any good. In fact, it seems to be leading to our demise as a species. The planet would be much happier without humans on it anyway.
How do you measure the planet's happiness?

Cape Town

Moves
20 Sep 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
That would change it to the point that no matter what happen to your life, it would not matter due to the truth that you would now have.
Kelly
So you go through life without a care in the world? I rather doubt that.

Cape Town

Moves
20 Sep 10

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
How do you measure the planet's happiness?
You poll nature conservationists 🙂

I for one do not agree with conservationists who believe maintenance of natures status quo (or pre-man state) is more important than the welfare of man.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 10

Really, you think the planet gets happy or sad?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
So you go through life without a care in the world? I rather doubt that.
No, there are cares in this life, but none that can separate you from the love of God.
Kelly