Electric cars

Electric cars

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
26 Aug 17

Originally posted by @moonbus
And the political clout of the Arabs will plummet. When the Nazis invaded No. Africa in search of oil (of which Germany has none), Roosevelt cut a deal with the Sauds: the U.S. would guarantee the Saud's territory in exchange for cheap petroleum, former. That deal will go by the wayside when America no longer needs the Sauds. The Arabian peninsula will return to being a barren and backwater bit of sand, as it was before WWII.
Yes, it would be nice to see the Arabs poor people again.

E

Moves
26 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
The most recent number I could find was 25 I think. I figured the price would go up over a few years.

I am glad to see the price is dropping. How much is it after taxes?
I found 18 cents in my latest search. This is still twice the rate in the US. Most of our electricity is generated by clean natural gas.

F

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

The most recent number I could find was 25 I think. I figured the price would go up over a few years.
Well, I looked it up. Found out 80-90 öre / kWh. Around 10 US cents.
I can give you a reference if you like, mind you it is in Swedish: http://www.ei.se/sv/Elpriskollen/Avtal/?avtalstypid=0&forbrukning=2000&postnr=11251 , And that's what you pay for the electricity.

Remind you that natural gas is fossil and generates CO2. Is this the explanation why US is leading pollutant CO2 in atmosphere per capita?

h

Moves
27 Aug 17

Most of our electricity is generated by clean natural gas.
it isn't 'clean'; think CO2.

E

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @humy
it isn't 'clean'; think CO2.
CO2 is part of the circle of life. If it isn't clean then you aren't clean.

It would be like saying O2 isn't clean.

E

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
Well, I looked it up. Found out 80-90 öre / kWh. Around 10 US cents.
I can give you a reference if you like, mind you it is in Swedish: http://www.ei.se/sv/Elpriskollen/Avtal/?avtalstypid=0&forbrukning=2000&postnr=11251 , And that's what you pay for the electricity.

Remind you that natural gas is fossil and generates CO2. Is this the explanation why US is leading pollutant CO2 in atmosphere per capita?
If you are paying 10 cents per kWh, then your solar power must be highly subsidized.

This means you are also paying extra perpetually in the form of taxes, but you can't see it.

h

Moves
27 Aug 17

CO2 is part of the circle of life.
Not the natural circle of life if it comes from us burning fossil fuels.
If it isn't clean then you aren't clean.

The CO2 I breath out is not what is causing global CO2 levels to rise.
Try fossil fuels.

E

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @humy
Not the natural circle of life if it comes from us burning fossil fuels.
If it isn't clean then you aren't clean.

The CO2 I breath out is not what is causing global CO2 levels to rise.
Try fossil fuels.
Where do you think natural gas comes from?

h

Moves
27 Aug 17

Where do you think natural gas comes from?
it came to be in the ground from nature which is irrelevant because us then taking it out the ground and burning it isn't part of the natural carbon cycle and us burning it measurably contributes to global CO2 rise.

F

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

If you are paying 10 cents per kWh, then your solar power must be highly subsidized.

This means you are also paying extra perpetually in the form of taxes, but you can't see it.
Taxes usually are included in the price in Sweden.

10 cents per kWh is for bought electricity. You only pay for the solar equipment if you install it yourself. If you sell surplus electricity to the grid, I don't know what you get per kWh.

You can always guess but if you don't know then your guess is without value. Remember that I am born in Sweden, and have lived here all of my life.

E

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

Taxes usually are included in the price in Sweden.

10 cents per kWh is for bought electricity. You only pay for the solar equipment if you install it yourself. If you sell surplus electricity to the grid, I don't know what you get per kWh.

You can always guess but if you don't know then your guess is without value. Remember that I am born in Sweden, and have lived here all of my life.
I meant general taxes. If the government is subsidizing it, all taxes are paying for it.

Looks like most of Sweden is powered by nuclear power plants.

F

Moves
27 Aug 17

I meant general taxes. If the government is subsidizing it, all taxes are paying for it.

Looks like most of Sweden is powered by nuclear power plants.
You really have to look up the facts before you're guessing...
This isn't Spiritual Forum, you know...

E

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

You really have to look up the facts before you're guessing...
This isn't Spiritual Forum, you know...
I did look up the facts. Sweden heavily subsidizes solar energy and about 40 percent of Swden's power comes by nuclear energy.

F

Moves
27 Aug 17
2 edits

I did look up the facts. Sweden heavily subsidizes solar energy and about 40 percent of Swden's power comes by nuclear energy.
I know you think winning a discussion is worth losing your honor. It's alright, everyone knows your level of honor.

First you say "Most of our electricity is generated by clean natural gas." Knowing that natural gas is fossil and induce CO2 in atmosphere. Then you just drop the subject.
Then you say "In Sweden I believe it is pushing 30 (cents per kWh)". Then you admit 10 cents.
Later you said "Looks like most of Sweden is powered by nuclear power plants." Later you say 40%.

You're guessing, then correcting. Then you do it again. Then you do it all over again.
Stop guessing, look it up first, and then you can use the facts. But hey, it's about your honor, not mine.

You have to realize that as a Swede I know more about Sweden then you can even guess.

"Sweden heavily subsidizes solar energy"? Heavily?

E

Moves
27 Aug 17

I know you think winning a discussion is worth losing your honor. It's alright, everyone knows your level of honor.

First you say "Most of our electricity is generated by clean natural gas." Knowing that natural gas is fossil and induce CO2 in atmosphere. Then you just drop the subject.
Then you say "In Sweden I believe it is pushing 30 (cents per k ...[text shortened]... more about Sweden then you can even guess.

"Sweden heavily subsidizes solar energy"? Heavily?
What is Sweden's largest souce of electricity?