Electron spin

Electron spin

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
01 Feb 20

@kazetnagorra said
If theories predict the same things, they are identical. "Spin" is just a name given to a property we can observe.
What theories predict the same things? What is being observed?

MB

Moves
01 Feb 20

@humy said
Which it long has and is very easy to understand. Just wiki it.
Then you can explain it so it is easy to understand without referring to wiki, right? Great. Explain it in your own words.

h

Moves
02 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
Then you can explain it so it is easy to understand without referring to wiki,
Yes, but no better than the words of wiki so if you are too stupid to understand the wiki words then you are too stupid to understand my words and I will not waste my time trying.

MB

Moves
02 Feb 20

@humy said
Yes, but no better than the words of wiki so if you are too stupid to understand the wiki words then you are too stupid to understand my words and I will not waste my time trying.
Since wiki does a horrible job of explaining it you don't understand it at all. If you did you would be able to do it without meaningless jargon that essentially explains nothing.

You would use the Feynman Technique if you understood what you clearly do not. You are lying again.

h

Moves
02 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
Since wiki does a horrible job of explaining it
Wrong; It has done a good job explaining it to all non-morons.
We understand it just fine. It is just you that doesn't.

MB

Moves
02 Feb 20

@humy said
Wrong; It has done a good job explaining it to all non-morons.
We understand it just fine. It is just you that doesn't.
Is that why you are incapable of explaining it in your own words?
You do not understand a bit of it. That is why you keep lying.

You are one of those people that tries to keep people in the modern dark ages. You pretend to know stuff you know nothing about and then use a pathetic condescending act to hide that fact.

You have explained absolutely nothing. All you do is troll. Your lack of contribution is astonishing. You need to get a hobby that is productive in some way.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Feb 20

@Metal-Brain
And YOU need to understand science is still in kindergarten. That fact seems to elude you. As if ANYONE on Earth can really understand what spin is completely.
Our medical science is clearly still in kindergarten otherwise we would be growing back amputated limbs instead of having to engineer artificial ones which are clearly inferior to the real thing.
We may take another thousand years to get even to high school in science so if you know a scientist who completely understands spin show us retards. YOU clearly don't understand spin so stop with the attitude.

K

Germany

Moves
02 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
Since wiki does a horrible job of explaining it you don't understand it at all. If you did you would be able to do it without meaningless jargon that essentially explains nothing.

You would use the Feynman Technique if you understood what you clearly do not. You are lying again.
I think the Wiki does a decent job of explaining the concept to someone with a high school-level grasp of physics. The problem here is that you demand that others explain advanced physics concepts to you without a reference to even the most rudimentary physics concepts.

MB

Moves
03 Feb 20

@kazetnagorra said
I think the Wiki does a decent job of explaining the concept to someone with a high school-level grasp of physics. The problem here is that you demand that others explain advanced physics concepts to you without a reference to even the most rudimentary physics concepts.
Why can't you explain it? Are you claiming I am incapable of learning or that you are incapable of teaching? I proved sonhouse and humy wrong about the GPS myth. Wiki does a horrible job of explaining it. If it did an adequate job of it you would not keep referring me to wiki jargon because you would actually understand it instead of lying and claiming you do.

You have also contributed nothing and you are trolling. Your failure to teach is noted. It is obvious you don't understand what you claim you do. If you did, you would be eager to prove it. I know you well enough to know you are an ego driven person like humy. You do not fool me.

Use the Feynman Technique.

h

Moves
03 Feb 20
7 edits

@metal-brain said
Are you claiming I am incapable of learning or that you are incapable of teaching?
Neither.
You are incapable of wanting to learn enough to be willing to it in an effective way which means, among other things, humbling yourself like I do by acknowledging there are many people (especially most scientists), including on this science forum, that are a LOT smarter than me or you that know things you don't, so you won't.
In other words, its your bad anti-social delusional arrogant attitude that prevents you from learning.
Any normal layperson with the right attitude is capable of learning science well. I should know; I used to be one of them (a layperson; not necessarily normal).

K

Germany

Moves
03 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
Why can't you explain it? Are you claiming I am incapable of learning or that you are incapable of teaching? I proved sonhouse and humy wrong about the GPS myth. Wiki does a horrible job of explaining it. If it did an adequate job of it you would not keep referring me to wiki jargon because you would actually understand it instead of lying and claiming you do.

You have ...[text shortened]... gh to know you are an ego driven person like humy. You do not fool me.

Use the Feynman Technique.
I think you are unwilling to learn, a common trait among conspiracy theorists.

I already offered to explain everything on the Wiki that is unclear to you.

MB

Moves
04 Feb 20
1 edit

@kazetnagorra said
I think you are unwilling to learn, a common trait among conspiracy theorists.

I already offered to explain everything on the Wiki that is unclear to you.
How would you know when you have never tried?
You offered and then refused to answer my questions. You were clearly incapable of answering them.

What is spinning?
Can the speed of the spin be measured?
If so, what is the measurement?

h

Moves
04 Feb 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
You offered and then refused to answer my questions. You were clearly incapable of answering them.

What is spinning?
we have already answered those and many other questions multiple times only for you to trash our efforts to try and educate you.

K

Germany

Moves
04 Feb 20

@metal-brain said

What is spinning?
I answered all those questions and I refer you back to my answers.

MB

Moves
05 Feb 20

@kazetnagorra said
I answered all those questions and I refer you back to my answers.
No, you refused to answer and you referred me to wikipedia because you are incapable of answering those questions without contradicting yourself. You said electron spin could be measured and later you said there was no speed to measure.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about.