Evolution of the human eye.

Evolution of the human eye.

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
10 Dec 08

Originally posted by KellyJay
It is evidence, it is an answer, just not one your happy with.
Kelly
Wrong. Try again.

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
10 Dec 08

Close no cigar, I beg to differ if you can look at light then tell me
that something occured billions/millions of years ago...why cannot
I look at the whole thing and say it is an amazing piece of design?
Kelly
You can say whatever you want. To demonstrate that it's correct is another matter.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Dec 08

Originally posted by PBE6
You can [b]say whatever you want. To demonstrate that it's correct is another matter.[/b]
Yes, this is true, and people say quite a bit too.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Dec 08

Close no cigar, I beg to differ if you can look at light then tell me
that something occured billions/millions of years ago...why cannot
I look at the whole thing and say it is an amazing piece of design?
Kelly
It doesn't sound like you have taken even the slightest steps to understand astronomy. You have clearly never heard of 'standard candles'
or you wouldn't make a statement like that. Think about this: If you have some light source, say a 10 watt bulb and it is in space on a spacecraft going away from you, the inverse square law (please google that if you don't know what it is, don't bug me about it) says if you are at say, one mile away from that known source of light, if you then go 2 miles away, the light will now be one forth the power and when they discovered this class of star that looks almost exactly the same in our galaxy and galaxies millions of light years away, they do essentially the same thing, they can tell the distance by the strength of the standard candle. If you can't accept that then you really don't need to be in this discussion.

DS

Moves
13 Dec 08

DS: OK KellyJay can you please provide me with your theory of how the eye came into being without evolution.

KJ: We are in a created universe, when we were created we got eyes.

DS: What is the evidence for this statement?

KJ: The universe.

DS: This is not an answer.

KJ: It is evidence, it is an answer, just not one your happy with.

The initial question was about the origin of the human eye and your answer is when we were "created", well we just “got eyes”. This is unsatisfactory because it does not precisely answer, when did it happen, where and what mechanism lead to the appearance of the human eye.

Palaeontology, comparative anatomy, comparative genomics and the overarching aegis of evolutionary theory provides substantive answers to all these questions. Your alternative cosmogony fails these criteria.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
13 Dec 08

why cannot I look at the whole thing and say it is an amazing piece of design?
What's amazing about giving a whale a blind spot?

Nemesio

Z

Moves
19 Dec 08

The best answer to the question of "How did the human eye develop?" for those who come from the Intelligent Design direction is: It happened due to the Miracle of Evolution. Eagles have better distance vision than we do; owls see better in the dark; bees see in the ultraviolet. We have astigmatism, nearsightedness and color blindness: nothing particularly intelligent about that. People who doubt evolution should develop their skeptical sense a bit more and turn it on topics that have no scientific underpinning at all...like "Intelligent Design".