Galaxy Riddle

Galaxy Riddle

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 May 13

Originally posted by Kepler
Really? That one must have passed me by. I'll have to trot over to the funding eedjits and ask if I can have some cash for a new concept. I think I'll have a blue one.

There are plenty of "new" models for universes and multiverses. I like the ekpyrotic model but it is about as useful as most religions in this regard. Untestable and zero evidence either way. And no, there doesn't have to be any kind of cause for all this. It is, get over it.
There is only one Universe for us, Numbnuts. And being Satan's Demon Duck is not going to change that. You worship the demon's in vain. You are only a QUACK, QUACK, mister Demon Duck.

The Instructor

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
15 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
There is only one Universe for us, Numbnuts. And being Satan's Demon Duck is not going to change that. You worship the demon's in vain. You are only a QUACK, QUACK, mister Demon Duck.

The Instructor
Satan's Demon Duck? I like that. I shall adopt that as my official title in the newly formed church of Bob.

You might like to count how many universes I mentioned in my post. Can you count that high?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 13

Satan's Demon Duck? I like that. I shall adopt that as my official title in the newly formed church of Bob.

You might like to count how many universes I mentioned in my post. Can you count that high?
It appears the your mind has been corrupted and distorted by Satan the devil himself. Prepare for hellfire.

The instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 13

It appears the your mind has been corrupted and distorted by Satan the devil himself. Prepare for hellfire.

The instructor
The one trick pony barks again.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
The one trick pony barks again.
One trick is better than none.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 13

One trick is better than none.

The Instructor
In your dreams Luddite, in your dreams.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
The creation of something 'mature' means the creation of a fake history. Lets say Adam had memories of his childhood, they would all be fake. Similarly, if the universe was created with starlight 'in transit' as some creationists say, then any stars you see in that starlight never existed. They are a fake history.
I agree with this logic.....I don't think God is deceptive so the universe must have been created in a different manner and I don't buy the light in transit theory that some YECers have used. However a relativistic effect of the universe being stretched out soon after the initial creation might explain apparent age VS young earth if the universe were a certain size then suddenly got stretched out to billions of light years we would assume that age is correct. The White-hole theory it's believed that 6 days could have passed on the earth while millions passed out in the universe. It is just a theory just as the BB is a theory

Manny

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
19 May 13

Originally posted by menace71
I agree with this logic.....I don't think God is deceptive so the universe must have been created in a different manner and I don't buy the light in transit theory that some YECers have used. However a relativistic effect of the universe being stretched out soon after the initial creation might explain apparent age VS young earth if the universe were a ce ...[text shortened]... ions passed out in the universe. It is just a theory just as the BB is a theory

Manny
Trouble is one theory is based on evidence and has predictive power while the other is based on nothing more than the notion that white holes might exist. We have plenty observational evidence for black holes but nothing so far to suggest white holes exist. To me, the white hole theory is just another attempt by the god bothering fraternity to force the evidence to fit the biblical account rather than changing the theory to account for the observed evidence.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 May 13

Trouble is one theory is based on evidence and has predictive power while the other is based on nothing more than the notion that white holes might exist. We have plenty observational evidence for black holes but nothing so far to suggest white holes exist. To me, the white hole theory is just another attempt by the god bothering fraternity to force the evide ...[text shortened]... o fit the biblical account rather than changing the theory to account for the observed evidence.
A 2012 paper argues that the Big Bang itself is a white hole. It further suggests that the emergence of a white hole, which was named a 'Small Bang', is spontaneous - all the matter is ejected at a single pulse. Thus, unlike black holes, white holes cannot be continuously observed rather their effect can only be detected around the event itself. The paper even proposed identifying a new group of γ-ray bursts with white holes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole

The Instructor

Cape Town

Moves
19 May 13

Originally posted by menace71
However a relativistic effect of the universe being stretched out soon after the initial creation might explain apparent age VS young earth if the universe were a certain size then suddenly got stretched out to billions of light years we would assume that age is correct.
No, that doesn't actually make any sense. If the universe was compact and got 'stretched out' such that we could see stars that are now far away because they were closer when the light left them, then what we would see, is the star as it was when the light left it ie close to us, not far away. If we see stars that are apparently far away, then either the light came from stars that were far away when it left them, or we are misinterpreting the light.
You description assumes that we are misinterpreting the light then tried to hold on to the result of the misinterpretation (that the stars are currently far away) when there is in fact no good reason for making that conclusion.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 May 13

A 2012 paper argues that the Big Bang itself is a white hole. It further suggests that the emergence of a white hole, which was named a 'Small Bang', is spontaneous - all the matter is ejected at a single pulse. Thus, unlike black holes, white holes cannot be continuously observed rather their effect can only be detected around the event itself. The paper ev ...[text shortened]... 947;-ray bursts with white holes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole

The Instructor
But you don't care about such things, you just want weapons to use against science and evolution particularly.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 May 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
But you don't care about such things, you just want weapons to use against science and evolution particularly.
Science is okay as long as they keep the heresay of evilution and millions of years out of it,

The Instructor

Cape Town

Moves
20 May 13

Science is okay as long as they keep the heresay of evilution and millions of years out of it,

The Instructor
So remove most of astronomy, biology, geology, cosmology, and a number of other sciences and you'll be fine with the little thats left.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
So remove most of astronomy, biology, geology, cosmology, and a number of other sciences and you'll be fine with the little thats left.
I am fine with astronomy, biology, geology, cosmology, and other sciences as long as they do not assume evilution and long periods of time, like millions and billions of years. They should not be assuming at all.

&list=PLE2fDxB1xKXE9byqvlJq6V6WNIuxCOTZh

The Instructor

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
20 May 13

I am fine with astronomy, biology, geology, cosmology, and other sciences as long as they do not assume evilution and long periods of time, like millions and billions of years. They should not be assuming at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZEV9nbrfvw&list=PLE2fDxB1xKXE9byqvlJq6V6WNIuxCOTZh

The Instructor
They aren't assuming long periods of time, they are using the data available. If that is assuming then so are you when you assume that there must be a creator god. You should not be assuming at all.