1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '14 21:06
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You really don't know what light is? Really?
    And you call yourself a near moron?
    I know it when I see it.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jun '14 22:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I know it when I see it.
    You implied there is a difference between light from the sun and light from stars. Is that your stance?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 01:44
    Originally posted by iChopWoodForFree
    Light came before the stars? Wow! You mean we used to have daytime without the sun? That is amazing! That's probably why we used to live 900 years! Without all of those harmful UV rays, living to 900 would be a sinch!
    Light came before the stars?
    Technically, yes it did. Matter and radiation decoupled 379,000 years after the Big Bang before there were any stars. The first stars were formed after about 150 million years. During that time the CMB went from being the Cosmic Ultraviolet Background Radiation to being the Cosmic Infrared Background Radiation having passed through visible light in the meantime. So the first (visible) light must have preceded the formation of the first stars.

RJ is right, but for entirely the wrong reasons.
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 10:171 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Light came before the stars?
    Technically, yes it did. Matter and radiation decoupled 379,000 years after the Big Bang before there were any stars. The first stars were formed after about 150 million years. During that time the CMB went from being the Cosmic Ultraviolet Background Radiation to being the Cosmic Infrared Background Radiatio ...[text shortened]... e preceded the formation of the first stars.

RJ is right, but for entirely the wrong reasons.
    We were talking about daylight as it says in the bible. God made the earth and then said let there be light... so not only did daylight come before the sun but the earth also came before the sun and any other star.... according to the bible.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 11:294 edits
    Originally posted by iChopWoodForFree
    We were talking about daylight as it says in the bible. God made the earth and then said let there be light... so not only did daylight come before the sun but the earth also came before the sun and any other star.... according to the bible.
    It is, of course, mere coincidence that the idiotic Bible was right about light coming before the Sun and stars. If you make up enough randomly or arbitrary made up lies and irrationally based beliefs, it is a near mathematical certainty that at least a few are going to be correct by mere coincidence alone although the majority would still be false.
    Of course, the Bible is totally wrong about the Earth coming before the Sun and stars since the heavier elements that make most of the Earth could only physically be made in stars. And, of course, the first light is billions of years old and is not the same light that we see coming directly from the stars in the most distant galaxies we see today. Plus no godditit required to explain the first light as there are rational explanations for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree