How Creationists date rocks and fossils

How Creationists date rocks and fossils

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
31 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by moonbus
Sequential variation is evolution.
I take it that he is still using his own extremely stupid made-up definition contrary to any scientific definition of evolution just like he always does thus proving he still is a moron. You cannot reason with him. He is just a massive time waster that just wastes your time. Personally I would just ignore him and not ever respond to any of his posts and, to eliminate all temptation to responding to his endless moronic posts, never ever read them!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by moonbus
Sequential variation is evolution.
Biological reproduction and selective breeding is also evolution to some, but not to me. When one kind of animal has changed to another kind of animal then I would say evolution has happened.

K

Germany

Moves
31 May 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Biological reproduction and selective breeding is also evolution to some, but not to me. When one kind of animal has changed to another kind of animal then I would say evolution has happened.
Wow, what caused your sudden acceptance of evolution?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 May 14

So if two species can no longer reproduce with each other, now they are different kinds.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Wow, what caused your sudden acceptance of evolution?
I haven't accepted it yet, because I haven't seen it happen.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
So if two species can no longer reproduce with each other, now they are different kinds.
Of course not, that's stupid.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jun 14

Of course not, that's stupid.
Why is that stupid?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 14
1 edit

Why is that stupid?
My wife and I can no longer reproduce with each other, but we haven't changed species or kinds. So it is stupid to suggest such a thing.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jun 14

My wife and I can no longer reproduce with each other, but we haven't changed species or kinds. So it is stupid to suggest such a thing.
Ring species CAN reproduce with each other, but not where the ring converges. So they are no different kinds.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 14

Ring species CAN reproduce with each other, but not where the ring converges. So they are no different kinds.
Fact #1 – While interbreeding defines things of the same kind, the inability to interbreed does not define new or different kinds of life.

As two geographically separated populations of the same kind experience mutations, and lose different parts of their genetic information, it can result in sufficient genetic differences such that there is no longer a sufficient match in genetic information so as to allow successful breeding. Both populations are still the same kind, but because of a loss in genetic information their genes can no longer combine to create offspring.

Fact #2 – Ring species are not an example of evolution, which requires an increase in genetic information. They are an example of a loss of genetic information, a degradation of life, and the opposite of what evolution is supposed to be.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
01 Jun 14

[b]Fact #1 – While interbreeding defines things of the same kind, the inability to interbreed does not define new or different kinds of life.

As two geographically separated populations of the same kind experience mutations, and lose different parts of their genetic information, it can result in sufficient genetic differences such that there is no lon ...[text shortened]... ic information, a degradation of life, and the opposite of what evolution is supposed to be.[/b][/b]
The problem with fact 1 is that speciation is defined as the inability of two populations from a common ancestor species to reproduce with one another. So by definition they are now two different species. It's enough that the non-reproduction should be based on mating preference rather than actual genetic incompatibility.

With fact 2, why do you think evolution requires an increase in genetic information? What counts is adaptation to the environment, so if there's an environmental change and a simpler genome does better for some reason, that is the one that will be selected for.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by DeepThought
The problem with fact 1 is that speciation is defined as the inability of two populations from a common ancestor species to reproduce with one another. So by definition they are now two different species. It's enough that the non-reproduction should be based on mating preference rather than actual genetic incompatibility.

With fact 2, why do you thi ...[text shortened]... nge and a simpler genome does better for some reason, that is the one that will be selected for.
Fact #1 is referring to kinds. So regardless of how you wish to define species that does not make it a new kind of animal according to the biblical account.

Fact # 2 is considering the normally accepted definition of the theory of evolution as being that different and more complex organisms grew from a beginning simple single cell organism through mutation and natural selection. So most people believe that to evolve into a more complex organism an increase in genetic information is necessary because more complex organisms have more genetic information.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jun 14

Fact #1 is referring to kinds. So regardless of how you wish to define species that does not make it a new kind of animal according to the biblical account.

Fact # 2 is considering the normally accepted definition of the theory of evolution as being that different and more complex organisms grew from a beginning simple single cell organism through mutati ...[text shortened]... n genetic information is necessary because more complex organisms have more genetic information.
It's amazing how much utter Bullshyte you spill out of your ass over evolution.

There does not have to be an 'increase' in information, that is just a creationist ploy in their ever decreasing arsenal of mis-information they puke out.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 14
1 edit

It's amazing how much utter Bullshyte you spill out of your ass over evolution.

There does not have to be an 'increase' in information, that is just a creationist ploy in their ever decreasing arsenal of mis-information they puke out.
What I should have said is that new genetic information is necessary to evolve into a more complex organism and generally that would assume an increase in genetic information. Ring species is not an example of evolution.

In the case of ring species, there is a deterioration or loss of genetic information that causes those species to be unable to breed. But the fact that they can no longer breed does not mean they have changed kinds anymore than it would mean my wife and I have changed to different kinds because we can no longer breed.

Über-Nerd

Moves
02 Jun 14

Originally posted by humy
I take it that he is still using his own extremely stupid made-up definition contrary to any scientific definition of evolution just like he always does thus proving he still is a moron. You cannot reason with him. He is just a massive time waster that just wastes your time. Personally I would just ignore him and not ever respond to any of his posts and, to eliminate all temptation to responding to his endless moronic posts, never ever read them!
Hope springs eternal.