1. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 21:40
    Absolute zero is maybe possible but we can't tell for sure because it would not register on the black body curve...which is what is used to get the radiation/temp of off stars and planets and such.

As for the opposite...when a star collapses the core goes from hydrogen to helium then I think silicon and stuff and finally to iron...now that can get to be 300 mil K in temp...which is damn hot...but no matter what can any energy be produced because iron cannot do thermonuclear fusion

Dave
    ( who is in his second year of Astronomy and is learning all of this crap )
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 01:50
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    As for the opposite...when a star collapses the core goes from hydrogen to helium then I think silicon and stuff and finally to iron...now that can get to be 300 mil K in temp...which is damn hot...but no matter what can any energy be produced because iron cannot do thermonuclear fusion

Dave
    ( who is in his second year of Astronomy and is learning all of this crap )
    unless it's bigger than 1.44 solar masses....
  3. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 02:49
    Quite true

Dave
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by kenan

How is that just the lab expoeriments on earth will verify everything that going on in black holes and other galaxies? What if there is a parallel universe, or a negative of this universe where things. I guess these are just my philoshopical question. (damn it, we do not have a ophilosophy forum yet.😞 )
    a black hole is the penomenon known as singularity: a point in space so dense(infinite density) that it curves the time-space to infinity. in result, time-space ceases to exist. so you cannot discuss what properties "notimespace" has in another universe.

even if another universe has different properties eg different nuclear force values, once you pass event horizon of a black hole you are identically screwd in all imaginable universes
  5. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 22:52
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    a black hole is the penomenon known as singularity: a point in space so dense(infinite density) that it curves the time-space to infinity. in result, time-space ceases to exist. so you cannot discuss what properties "notimespace" has in another universe.

even if another universe has different properties eg different nuclear force values, once you pass event horizon of a black hole you are identically screwd in all imaginable universes
    I was just pointing out that we know so little. The examples might have been a little dramatic. 😛

I still argue that we cannot know answer to the question though.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 00:32
    I was just pointing out that we know so little. The examples might have been a little dramatic. 😛

I still argue that we cannot know answer to the question though.
    some we can guess. educated guess. so if you are asking if frogs can fly,we can safely say that they cannot even if we haven't seen all the frogs in the world and we don't know whether there is one that does fly(the greeks thought of this dilemma)

so with i a little logic i made the affirmation that a black hole behaves the same no matter what the laws of physics are. feel free to argue with me 😀
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 10:18
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    some we can guess. educated guess. so if you are asking if frogs can fly,we can safely say that they cannot even if we haven't seen all the frogs in the world and we don't know whether there is one that does fly(the greeks thought of this dilemma)
    Some frogs can fly - google it.
  8. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 01:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Some frogs can fly - google it.
    Does google prove everything now?
  9. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 04:42
    ...anywhere in the universe? (Absolue Zaro=-273 degrre Celcius or 0 degrees Kelvin-460 degrees Fahrenheit)

Heat means the motion of particles, so is it possible that there's no motion at all anywhere in the universe?

Also another discussion question is "what is the opposite (is there any) of absolute zero?

Discuss.
    Apparantly you aren't married. If you were you wouldn't ask this question.😉
  10. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 17:46
    Originally posted by slimjim
    Now that was damn funny!

Dave
    ( who knows marriage and divorce are pretty cold! )
  11. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 20:52
    Originally posted by slimjim
    LMAO.

I actually am and the more years passes in the marriage the more I feel like I am getting to absolute 0.
  12. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 19:23
    LMAO.

I actually am and the more years passes in the marriage the more I feel like I am getting to absolute 0.
    Well my wife is becomming a Nun. It's because I dont get none.😉
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 May '08 14:32
    Why no motion is impossible in universe?

Why?
    It would be possible, but overwhelmingly staistically unlikely to happen. Probably the chances of it happenning are lower than all the particles in the universe.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 May '08 15:05
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    It would be possible, but overwhelmingly staistically unlikely to happen. Probably the chances of it happenning are lower than all the particles in the universe.
    You mean the ratio of the inverse of all the particles in the universe?
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 May '08 23:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean the ratio of the inverse of all the particles in the universe?
    Ah, yes, indeed. My proverbial "bad".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree