04 Jul '20 23:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 23:541 edit
    @Duchess64

Looking at the number of deleted posts on this thread, I may be getting somewhere with that!

(You keep repeating yourself, you been at the gin?)
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 23:551 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "Ash (a right-wing white man) once called me 'the heart' of the Debates forum. I was the only prominent non-white and one of the few women writers. Ash wrote that RHP would be poorer if it lost its most distinctive voice for diversity."
    - Duchess64

Duchess64 flatters herself as she betrays the true reason for all of this desperate bitterness.

She's angry because of a perceived loss in status.

She's always fancied herself superior to the rest of the community. No matter the subject; Duchess64 has always said that she "already knew" this or she "already knew" that. Or she says that she knows somebody, somewhere who has validated her myopic philosophy and will reinforce her excessive self-appraisal.

Duchess64 just will not accept that she's just one of us. That she's nothing exceptional. She's nothing special.

And now, in beastly fashion, she seems intent on bashing her head against the wall until she's cowed somebody into obeisance.

Instead of just humbly joining the rest of the community in trying to improve the climate through respectful dialogue and debate: Duchess64 clutches and flails at regaining a kind of respect that she's never rightly earned.

She fancies herself superior. But no one is bowing.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 23:554 edits

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 00:12

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 00:18

8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 00:201 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    Interesting if true. Any idea why? Genetics, blood type, diet? Seems like something we should be studying.
    Blood type may impact one's susceptibility to the virus, but while at least one study suggests some kind of association, I don't think causation has been established yet.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-blood-types-disease-severe/

It's reasonable to assume a myriad of factors determine one's susceptibility, and not any one single thing.

One thing going for Vietnam and other "less developed" countries is that their populations are much younger, which can be expected to mitigate the impact of the virus on their health systems.

Of course, then there's Japan, which I think has the oldest population in the world, and yet has a firm handle on the virus. But Japan has mustered a robust, coordinated government effort to control the spread, and also has a population willing to wear masks and listen to the experts. We see that also in Germany, for instance.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 00:20

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 00:27

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 00:341 edit

12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 03:231 edit
    This just shows your bias! You’re willing to ignore the population correction to rank the US higher because it suits your narrative. On your gross death list you don’t ignore counties with tiny populations in comparison to the US! Hypocrisy at it finest!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 04:21

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 05:382 edits

15. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 06:271 edit
    I gave you both an opinion and facts.

What you have given me is demonstration on how consumed you are with hate.

Can I recommend a guy called Marc Lamont Hill to you; he is very instructive as a debater of the concern around the way that black people are treated in the USA and certainly held his own against Candice Owen?

The main difference in your styles is that he knows how to put his case over and take people with him, whereas you only seem to know how to switch people off because you tend to rant not reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree