1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 15:203 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @Blood-On-The-Tracks
    Why is it meaningless? For instance, the new cases confirmed in the US in two days now exceeds the entire country of Canada cases TOTAL. We are well on our way to 100,000 new confirmed cases a day like Fauci said.
    The way I see it is in the US it is an indication of group IQ getting lower and lower with real idiots going to rallies with no PPE, Trump ...[text shortened]... hat is meaningless, tell me just what the hell it is?

BTW, is your avatar a drawing of Bob Dylan?
    The largest and most obvious flaw in reporting gross deaths is population. Per capita deaths are what should be reported, and that is the way it is done. period. end of story in epidemiology. Gross death reports are for sensationalized journalistic reporting. Nothing more.

Go to Worldometers and look at the 10th column. Deaths/Million

Click on the little arrow beside the text to sort from largest to smallest. Tell, me...do you find that order is preserved with respect to gross deaths largest to smallest? Of course you don't! USA #1 in Gross Deaths, goes to #9 once corrected for population!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
  2. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 16:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Worldometre (think that you would accept that source)

Populations- Japan 126.5 million Belarus 9.485million

Deaths - Japan 972 (BBC UK) Belerus 418 (Worldometre)

Please note that the only person trying to attack anyone of over race is you.

It seems fairly clear Duchess that somebody has got inside your head. If you had a case where you thought that there had been injustice I for one would listen at least, but instead you come out snarling.

Why don't you calm down a bit and instead of reciting all these cliches talk in a civilized way to people?
  3. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 16:20
    @neilarini said

My last point, such as it is, is to point out that as far as I'm aware the majority of people complaining about racism in the debates forum are all white.
    and how exactly would you know the colour of the skin anyone that complained? Is that an educated guess or do you track people's colour and nationality.

Your almost as bad as this twerp with the chip on her shoulder.
  4. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 16:22
    @medullah said
    and how exactly would you know the colour of the skin anyone that complained? Is that an educated guess or do you track people's colour and nationality.

Your almost as bad as this twerp with the chip on her shoulder.
    Photographs on their avatar.
  5. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 16:26
    @joe-shmo said
    The largest and most obvious flaw in reporting gross deaths is population. Per capita deaths are what should be reported, and that is the way it is done. period. end of story in epidemiology. Gross death reports are for sensationalized journalistic reporting. Nothing more.
    Absolutely right.

In the UK you could die in a car accident and if they find Covid in your respiratory tract then that's what killed you, not the juggernaut than crashed over the driver's seat that your backside was occupying. Ditto with Cancer. We have even had the UK (incompetent) government admit that death certificates have been issued with for hospital deaths where patients were not tested - all guesswork.

It's almost as if most governments were in a race to upwardly falsify all of the death stats to the best of their ability and cause as much panic as possible.
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 16:30
    @neilarini said
    Photographs on their avatar.
    You ought to be in stand up.

You think that an avatar is proof that the person looks like that?

That's a hell of a leap.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 16:343 edits
    @medullah said
    Absolutely right.

In the UK you could die in a car accident and if they find Covid in your respiratory tract then that's what killed you, not the juggernaut than crashed over the driver's seat that your backside was occupying. Ditto with Cancer. We have even had the UK (incompetent) government admit that death certificates have been issued with for hospital deaths where p ...[text shortened]... dly falsify all of the death stats to the best of their ability and cause as much panic as possible.
    The most hysterical part is the poster of these "Death Stats" proclaims to be a childhood mathematical prodigy!

Lets see if she can solve this:

If farmer A has a annual yield of 10,000 apples and 5000 of them are rotten to the core. Farmer B produces 100,000 apples and 49,000 of them are rotten to the core. Who is the better farmer of apples?

Remember Duchcess64, the relevant information you have been spouting is:
    Farmer A had 5000 bad apples
    Farmer B had 49,000 bad apples
    Thus, Farmer B is worse than Farmer A at producing edible apples!
  8. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 16:43
    @joe-shmo

LOL I missed that.

I'm quite saddened really as Duchess clearly feels that she has a point, but there are better was of engaging people. Once you start ob personal attacks and name calling the conversation is dead.
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 16:53
    the duchess will never back down
    she'll always have the race card to play
    plus calling everyone illiterate
    she can't lose
  10. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 17:05
    I don't mind as long as she does't call me Lexdixlic :-)
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 20:00
    When I was at work I had experience of statistics every day.
    I quickly learned that if there was a figure in there that "didn't fit" with the results that was required by management we were told to simply ignore it.
    The lesson here is statistics can be easily, and are ,frequently manipulated to produce the required results.
    Never take statistics at face value.
    It's what we're not told that is the real issue
  12. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 20:38
    @venda

Totally agree, and as the saying goes there are lies; damn lies; and statistics.
  13. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 21:18
    so are there people getting rich from the virus numbers being high?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 22:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 22:434 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree