1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 07:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That's for you to prove, as what you have just said is a conspiracy theory in itself.

The (Tory) UK government by it's own televised admission (Sunday night health briefings) is guilty of inflating the figures. I know because I live in the UK, I don't rely on misreported stuff on your US networks.

To suggest that anyone thinking that governments are inflating the figures is right wing is absurd; anyone of any political persuasion has valid right to challenge the official narrative if they feel that lies are being told.

Can I also point out that I don't vote, so trying to paint me as right wing is way off the mark.

Finally I would like to mention that people that keep referencing political persuasion through the left right paradigm, in my experience, don't generally understand either what they are talking about or how the world really functions. Totalitarianism is totalitarianism whether you call it left wing or right wing.
  2. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 09:491 edit
    @Blood-On-The-Tracks
    'apples and oranges' I've thought on this phrase and I couldn't think where I heard it, then it struck me - a scene from "In The Thick of It" (Terry Coverly), made me smile for what it's worth🚬
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 18:551 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 22:07
    @Duchess64

Duchess, may I ask as a resident of Florida if you are gloating over the differential numbers of deaths in different countries?

If so, would that be because you consider the Wuhan Experiment to have been well played, and a great success?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 01:05

6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 01:12
    I predict that women will one day walk on the moon.

When it comes true, won't I look like the genius.
    Stating obvious probabilities is my specialty.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 01:38
    You seem kind of cold. Are you even human?
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 02:01

Removed by poster

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 04:49

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 04:51

11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 05:01
    @medullah said
    That's for you to prove, as what you have just said is a conspiracy theory in itself.

The (Tory) UK government by it's own televised admission (Sunday night health briefings) is guilty of inflating the figures. I know because I live in the UK, I don't rely on misreported stuff on your US networks.

To suggest that anyone thinking that governments are inflating the figur ...[text shortened]... ld really functions. Totalitarianism is totalitarianism whether you call it left wing or right wing.
    I really don't see how the government can possibly think that the coronavirus deaths statistics are overcounted. There are three sets of statistics. Those that have died within 28 days of testing positive for coronavirus provided by the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England [1]. People that tested positive for coronavirus, but died of something else are included in this, however it is the smallest of the three sets of figures (currently 44,200). People who had Covid-19 written on their death certificates as a cause of death are published by the Office of National Statistics on Tuesdays. Last Tuesday that total was up to 49,001 for just England and Wales [2]. Then there is the excess of all cause deaths over the average for the preceding five years. This comes to 54,365 (England and Wales only) [2]. The evidence is therefore that the Official figures, if anything, underestimate the fatality rate from Covid-19.

Incidentally, the deaths per million (28 days after test) is: 651 (UK)
    Deaths per million (covid-19 written on death certificate) is: 842 (England and Wales)
    Deaths per million (excess deaths over 5 year average) is: 935 (England and Wales).

According to world-o-meters Belgium is reporting 843 deaths per million. It's been a mild 'flu season so that's lucky.

[1] https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
    [2] https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/weeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales
  12. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 10:433 edits
    @DeepThought

I didn’t say that it I was the government that thinks it.

If they had admitted (as they have) to the possibility that that people are getting C19 slapped of their death certificates without checking, it can only be an exaggeration.

We have complaints reported from relatives where C19 has been listed as the cause of death when the loved one died in a car crash and other causes unrelated

Even the test that is used to ID C19 (as you kindly posted on another thread) can be used in other applications and is not specific to C19.

We even have an expert witness/lecturer (Kaufman) who has confirmed that the C19 is unreliable due to the amplification process.

When I visited a major trust on the South Coast in February, in the middle of a meeting when we were covering C19 drugs, a senior HCP and the spokesman for the trust voiced the fear that deaths were being incorrectly recorded and might create a panic. They were right. Even Hitchens has waded into this debate and expressed the same sentiment (please not that I am NOT a regular Daily Mail reader).
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 11:25

14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 13:14

Removed by poster

15. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 14:421 edit
    @Duchess64

I have had few dealings with Deep Thought. Of the ones that I have had, I have found Deep Thought to be considered, courteous, and genuine. The notion of "attacking" them is a nonesense, and reflects your personal standards and inclinations. I can disagree with people and remain on good terms; unlike you I don't have to get into a war. Deep Thought is OK by me.

I interact with NHS at many levels every day; I know what's going on including the temporary wards wtih no bodies suddenly closed; temporary morgues that have no bodies for them, and host of other stuff. I don't need to read about it as it's part of my working life.

I don't personally care if you or anyone else believes me, as it changes nothing either way. I will still play my chess, have some fun, and do my job.

You'll carry taking cheap shots and wasting your clear intellect because you can't control that mean streak inside of you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree