1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 11:52
    http://www.physorg.com/news197211098.html

I imagine a new fight over this one. There may be a cure for ambiguous genitalia but now they seem to think they can extend that cure to homosexuality, prevent girls from being interested in boy things and vice versa.

I can see the yelling starting up now.
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 11:571 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.physorg.com/news197211098.html

I imagine a new fight over this one. There may be a cure for ambiguous genitalia but now they seem to think they can extend that cure to homosexuality, prevent girls from being interested in boy things and vice versa.

I can see the yelling starting up now.
    And the prize for the most bigoted, most ignorant, most prejudiced article goes to...

Cure homosexuality! The idiocy never stops.

the New York-based group of clinical researchers whose work is traced by Dreger and Feder suggest that prenatal dexamethasone can also be used in this population to prevent the "abnormality" of homosexuality, as well as the "abnormal" interest these girls tend to have in traditionally masculine careers and hobbies.

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 16:52
    But the New York-based group of clinical researchers whose work is traced by Dreger and Feder suggest that prenatal dexamethasone can also be used in this population to prevent the "abnormality" of homosexuality, as well as the "abnormal" interest these girls tend to have in traditionally masculine careers

😲
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 16:53
    The Religious Right scares the heck out of me.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 17:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The Religious Right scares the heck out of me.
    As well they should! I wouldn't be surprised at an Taliban connectionπŸ™‚
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 23:01
    I don't believe the Religious Right is responsible for the scientific study mentioned at the start of this thread. How things jump from "gay _______" to "Religious Right bashing" always amuses me.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 23:17
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I don't believe the Religious Right is responsible for the scientific study mentioned at the start of this thread. How things jump from "gay _______" to "Religious Right bashing" always amuses me.
    American University (AU) is a private United Methodist-affiliated research university in Washington, D.C

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_University
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 23:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    As well they should! I wouldn't be surprised at an Taliban connectionπŸ™‚
    Well, there's the Bush - bin Ladin connection...
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 23:26
    American University (AU) is a private United Methodist-affiliated research university in Washington, D.C

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_University
    So is Wofford College---that doesn't mean that their science department is in league with the crazy-ass Robertsons, Becks, and other RR loons of the world.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 01:13
    So is Wofford College---that doesn't mean that their science department is in league with the crazy-ass Robertsons, Becks, and other RR loons of the world.
    You can't trust such a university to be unbiased. Just like researchers who used to say smoking isn't that bad for you, I guess you can figure out who is covering their payroll.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 01:59
    Who else is trying to "cure" women of wanting to work in traditionally male jobs?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 10:54
    Who else is trying to "cure" women of wanting to work in traditionally male jobs?
    But was that a quote from the researchers, or was it what the scientists said?

Also, lets suppose there is a treatment that will prevent tomboyism. What word would you use to describe it? Would "cure" be wrong simply because it is wrong to label tomboyism as undesirable?
    The same questions apply to homosexuality.

I certainly believe that if such a treatment was effective that it would be quite popular, and I cant think of a good argument for preventing its use.
  13. Joined
    29 May '10
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 09:36
    clearly sounds like junk science promoted by someone with an agenda.

also reminds me of experiments that the Nazis did...trying to prove this, that or the other thing about the various crazy ideas in their heads.

I don't think there is a single mainstream scientist who holds this view.

And if folks wanted to verify that, I think they could contact the psychology department of any major university and have a professor there give his/her opinion on the subject...

leave the poor folks alone. They have enough problems without people trying to force them to be something they are not.

How would you feel if someone said...here, take this pill and you will no longer be attracted to your wife.

Of course, there is a pill like that (it is called marriage)....
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 11:07
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    clearly sounds like junk science promoted by someone with an agenda.

also reminds me of experiments that the Nazis did...trying to prove this, that or the other thing about the various crazy ideas in their heads.

I don't think there is a single mainstream scientist who holds this view.

And if folks wanted to verify that, I think they could conta ...[text shortened]... be attracted to your wife.

Of course, there is a pill like that (it is called marriage)....
    For one thing, if this worked and it eliminated homosexuality completely, what would be next? Black skin? Blue eyes? red hair? Short people?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 12:25
    How many homosexuals would like to be hetero?
    How many of them want a treatment even if one worked?

Wouldn't it be better to invent a treatment against homophobia?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree