Panspermia & Corona

Panspermia & Corona

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
23 Mar 20

h

Moves
23 Mar 20
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I wonder why Italy in particular has got it so bad?

h

Moves
23 Mar 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Anybody can get infected, but once they do more Asians die than other races.
Why would that be?
I see no evidence that, with all else being kept equal, an Asian is more likely to die of the disease than a none Asian if he catches it.

Moves
23 Mar 20

@humy said
I wonder why Italy in particular has got it so bad?
Italy, unlike China, is honest?

D

Moves
23 Mar 20
2 edits

Moves
23 Mar 20

You jump to a lot of unwarranted conclusions, "girl".

MB

Moves
23 Mar 20

It probably didn't start in China. Besides, the link I posted from nature is about SARS. C19 was probably constructed to back off of deaths and disproportionate race targeting. It is far from a final bioweapon. It is still in the testing stage.

I gave you the info showing Israel is trying to construct a virus to target Arabs. Russia accused the USA of targeting Russians. Iran accused the USA and Israel of creating a virus that targets Persians.

It has been alleged that the C19 virus in Iran and Italy are different strains than that in China. The different strains could have been constructed to target different races and they are testing it to see how well their tinkering was.

If it is man made we can rule out a final bioweapon. This is mere testing for a final product.

MB

Moves
23 Mar 20

@humy said
Why would that be?
I see no evidence that, with all else being kept equal, an Asian is more likely to die of the disease than a none Asian if he catches it.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41421-020-0147-1

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
23 Mar 20

Well, for example, different populations have different ratios of blood groups. There's some sketchy evidence that people with type A blood are at slightly greater risk of dying of Covid-19 than people with type O blood. Since the population in China has a different profile of blood groups there'll be different numbers of fatalities there than in the UK. This assumes of course that the sketchy evidence about blood groups is true.

However, this will be a small effect and not one big enough that even someone psychopathic enough to release a biological weapon outside of a general war, which is in any case against International Law, could possibly think makes the cost benefit calculation worthwhile. So, even if it is true that ethnic East Asians are more vulnerable to the disease than ethnic Europeans it hardly counts as evidence that Coronavirus-19 is a biological weapon.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
23 Mar 20

@metal-brain said
That's interesting, but the Allele Frequencies they were talking about were 0.557 for Han Chinese compared with AMR, Ad Mixed American, 0.336; AFR, African, 0.2114; EUR, European, 0.235. So I think my comments in the immediately preceding post apply to this as well. No one knowing this could think that it's worth deliberately releasing such a weapon.

D

Moves
23 Mar 20

MB

Moves
24 Mar 20

@deepthought said
That's interesting, but the Allele Frequencies they were talking about were 0.557 for Han Chinese compared with AMR, Ad Mixed American, 0.336; AFR, African, 0.2114; EUR, European, 0.235. So I think my comments in the immediately preceding post apply to this as well. No one knowing this could think that it's worth deliberately releasing such a weapon.
I never claimed it was a final weapon. Russian Biologist and Former U.N. Expert Igor Nikulin suggested the USA was using the planet as testing ground for it. The death rate of C19 is far too low for it to be a completed bioweapon. I think Igor Nikulin was suggesting they were testing the results of the genetic tweeks for subsequent testing.

There is no reason to have open testing of how lethal a virus is generally. That can be done in secret behind closed doors. They probably already have that down.

Moves
24 Mar 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
I never claimed it was a final weapon. Russian Biologist and Former U.N. Expert Igor Nikulin suggested the USA was using the planet as testing ground for it. The death rate of C19 is far too low for it to be a completed bioweapon. I think Igor Nikulin was suggesting they were testing the results of the genetic tweeks for subsequent testing.

There is no reason to have o ...[text shortened]... is generally. That can be done in secret behind closed doors. They probably already have that down.
Yeah, yeah, yeah... it was the Bilderberg's or IMF or Italian Mafia or Falun Gong or Antifa or the Tri-Lateral Comission or the Council on Foreign Relations or any number of the "Secret Societies" like Skull and Bones, Freemasons or Illuminati.

Crackpots have ready-made conspiracies to order these days.

But: Don't get vaccinated; reduce the carbon footprint or drink unbottled water.

h

Moves
24 Mar 20
2 edits

@metal-brain said
Your own link says;

Currently, the clinical reports of 2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2 infection from non-Asian populations for comparison are very limited.
However, the genetic basis of ACE2 expression and function in different populations is still largely unknown. Therefore, genetic analysis of expression quantitative trait loci (eQTLs)8 and potential functional coding variants in ACE2 among populations are required for further epidemiological investigations
Recent reports of the ACE2 expression analysis in lung tissues from Asian and Caucasian populations are still controversial.
Our findings indicated that no direct evidence was identified genetically supporting the existence of coronavirus S-protein binding-resistant ACE2 mutants in different populations
..."

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
24 Mar 20

The NHS has released some data, which I'm trying to find links for, it was reported in the Telegraph, so it's probably on their site. The Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre published some information on people with Coronavirus who were admitted to intensive care units. This is people who are severe cases. 71.7% were overweight compared with 64% prevalence of being overweight in the population. I have no idea what the prevalence of being overweight is in China, but I'm guessing it's much lower. 7 out of 10 were male, which matches the experience in China. I'm guessing that incipient Type II diabetes is the reason for this. I think that this provides at least some explanation for this difference.