square root of 2

square root of 2

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jun 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Less than 0.5% I would expect. He might win one game in 200? If that.

c

Moves
30 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
Ratings would not matter.

I would take my time and study the board showing great discipline, with a focused purpose in mind:

Take down the Duchess!!

When I win, Duchess would be forced to concede that she now appreciates a white, American man. 🙂

If only......
Duchess gets the first can of whoop ass, then sonhouse gets the second one.

Moves
30 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonhouse

I mostly studied the math of ion implanters, magnetic fields and such and the math of electronics, ohms law and such.
??

I am not a great physics scholar, but I know Ohms Law says I = V/R

I would suggest that lends itself very much to moving letters around, with certain letters as the denominator (bottom line)

You need to stick to working out the missing angle in a triangle, knowing the other 2. Bit of complex geometry.

D

Moves
30 Jun 18
1 edit

Moves
30 Jun 18

D, would you describe yourself as a modest person?

How on earth did you come to the 99.9% figure ( best out of 1000)?

Hope it was done by a random stratified sample of suitable sample size!

You have also criticised my maths knowledge on this thread, though I note that you have tempered that in recent posts

I think we get on , Maths wise. Not so much elsewhere!

D

Moves
30 Jun 18
2 edits

D

Moves
30 Jun 18

Moves
01 Jul 18

I would guess.

'millions' and certainly 'handful' are hardly definitive comparative figures.

But I am guessing a 'handful' is less than 1000, so I will concede the point.

Still think you stick up for the woefully ignorant sonhouse a bit too much!

Smiley face

D

Moves
01 Jul 18
2 edits

Moves
01 Jul 18
2 edits

Hi D

No, that isn't the case at all. I was teasing you about your slightly obscure choice of 'millions' and 'handful' as indicators of amounts in a comparison/ratio calculation.

You are clearly very good at Maths.

That ok?

Some Brits seem to have contributed over the centuries. Not putting myself forward as any great genius. I got to University level, was a decent Uni though.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jul 18
1 edit

When I took the USAF qualifying exams I topped out in almost all categories which then put me in an elite squadron which included several Mensa members.
One part of the test I took was a visualizing test and I enjoyed it so much and was enthralled at the way it was constructed I got a slightly lower score on that one because I took too much time admiring the test even thought it was easy for me to visualize the test problems.
I was sent to an electronics tech school for a year long training course in a very complex system (the schematic was posted all the way round the walls of the schoolroom)
at about the last month of the training I contracted influenza, a bad case where I was hallucinating and very sick indeed. I was in an Army hospital for almost a month and an Army general also in hospital took me under his wing and taught me Go. I enjoyed my time with that general, a very down to earth humble individual but obviously very intelligent.
So missing that month, when I went back to the training school, with one week left, I still managed score 90% on the final test anyway.
That influenza effected me for months after that.

D

Moves
01 Jul 18
1 edit

A

RSA

Moves
01 Jul 18

This exact example was in my final test for the semester three weeks ago. I was grateful that they asked a proof by contradiction that's quite easy (and that I knew beforehand) because I'm not naturally talented at manipulation. I can't comprehend doing it at age 12 or 13; I struggle with contradiction and I'm close to 20 already.

Moves
01 Jul 18

Hi D
I have zero interest in knowing your country of origin

It has been an interesting exchange on this thread

Thanks

D

Moves
01 Jul 18