1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 16:57
    @humy said
    although per capita Belgium so far has a higher C19 death rate per capita than Spain
    (see
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/
    -it actually gives death rate per million people, not per capita but, obviously, that still allows us to compare per capita )
    on the hand, the UK, which is less sunny than Spain, so far ...[text shortened]... (exactly how?) as a weapon against the virus. If that is so then this whole thing is just academic.
    Sunlight only works if you are allowed to be in the sun. In any case we are not having summer sunlight are we?

Deaths lag a week or two. To compare numbers we need to see rolling 2 week total deaths.

In any case I could be the veey thing you believe is saving people that allows the Covid19 to continue.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 17:141 edit
    By the way, if New York City were to move East to Europe, it would be in Spain. England is the same latitude as Canada. Southern tip of Florida is the same latitude as the extreme northern portion of Niger. Both Los Angeles and San Diego would be in Africa.

So what is south for you is actually north for us.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 18:16
    @shallow-blue said
    I would call this delusional, but it isn't even that.

Tomorrow, from eladar: "Capricorns are more suscepible to viruses than Virgos; experts still unsure about Fire Rabbits ".
    So have you looked at the evidence that I have provided? Or are you just goimg to turn your back on evidence and belittle?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 18:49
    @eladar said
    By the way, if New York City were to move East to Europe, it would be in Spain. England is the same latitude as Canada. Southern tip of Florida is the same latitude as the extreme northern portion of Niger. Both Los Angeles and San Diego would be in Africa.

So what is south for you is actually north for us.
    Well, I checked. NY city would be northern Spain, so NY state would be France. The thing is weather patterns aren’t completely defined on how far you are from the equator so you really can’t compare.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 18:52
    @eladar said
    Sunlight only works if you are allowed to be in the sun. In any case we are not having summer sunlight are we?
    In Ireland we have, the past week or two had been as good as summer. 18c and sunny Friday and Saturday, we’re happy if we get that during summer. Usually it’s worse. Colder than southern Canada 😉
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 19:06
    @humy

Belgium is famous for chocolate and beer and you wonder why they have a higher death rate?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 19:08
    @trev33 said
    In Ireland we have, the past week or two had been as good as summer. 18c and sunny Friday and Saturday, we’re happy if we get that during summer. Usually it’s worse. Colder than southern Canada 😉
    You have no clue about UVB and UVA rays do you?

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ie/forecasts/uv/dublin-city/dublin

Now compare to Dallas Texas

https://uv.willyweather.com/tx/dallas-county/dallas.html

You are way further north, the UV rays are still weak for you.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 19:13
    @trev33 said
    Well, I checked. NY city would be northern Spain, so NY state would be France. The thing is weather patterns aren’t completely defined on how far you are from the equator so you really can’t compare.
    New York City is where almost all the deaths are coming from.

You think Spain is South, but it is actually in the Northern regions of the US. Our southern region is in Northern Africa.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 22:15
    @eladar said
    New York City is where almost all the deaths are coming from.

You think Spain is South, but it is actually in the Northern regions of the US. Our southern region is in Northern Africa.
    It’s been a long time since I called someone an idiot on these forums.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 22:28
    @trev33 said
    It’s been a long time since I called someone an idiot on these forums.
    Since you have no clue any claim of me being an idiot simply reflects your ignorance.

Face it, the claim is that UVB and UVA radiation is what kills the virus in minutes.

True UVC light kills faster, but UVB and UVA still do the job in minutes.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 00:46
    @Eladar
    UVC is inherently safer because it cannot penetrate skin cells or even eyes.
    B can do both and can cause severe sun burns as I found out a few decades ago....
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 07:25
    @eladar said
    Look at the link I provided. UVB kills viruses too.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1280232/#!po=41.5000
    This article was found by Google search worded...

solar light uv virus
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 08:48
    @Eladar
    I saw that UVC is a known carcinogen so it would have to be done with care to use it to sterilize stuff like groceries delivered to house and shoe bottoms.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 13:54
    At least now you know why I am talking about UVA and UVB.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 17:39
    @trev33 said
    In Ireland we have, the past week or two had been as good as summer.
    No, he's saying sunlight summer! Not "not quite as overcast as in autumn, winter, spring, the windy season, late August, and June" Irish/English summer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree