Vaccination better than you think

Vaccination better than you think

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
11 Oct 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Are you implying Russia has no intention of going through stage 3 testing? Tell me, why does Astrazeneca need to be exempt from liability? Would it need to be exempt if the vaccine is safe?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-astrazeneca-results-vaccine-liability/astrazeneca-to-be-exempt-from-coronavirus-vaccine-liability-claims-in-most-countries-idUKKCN24V2EN
I expect Russia will go through Stage 3, but Russia like the US has been overhyping all its vaccine reporting. None of us here expect a safe and effective vaccine to be available to ordinary people before the end of 2021. That's why we're working our butts off enduring all sorts of restrictions so that we can keep our death rate down until appropriate therapies can be available, likely much earlier.

If the US government has chosen to exempt its vaccine manufacturers from liability, it's time Americans started to take more interest in their democratic voting system, which appears to allow authority to go to the highest bidder.

h

Moves
11 Oct 20
5 edits

@metal-brain said
The longer people go without a vaccine the more people will die. My government is denying Americans access to the first SARS2 vaccine. That means my government is intent on allowing people to die by denying them the very first vaccine, simply because it is a Russian vaccine.
Nothing I ever asserted in recent posts had anything to do with any of the above; What are you on? I cannot even guess what your stupid straw man might be this time. I expresses/implied NO OPINION of your above assertions thus whatever you are pretending my opinion is of the above, its a lie.
What has any of this got to do with fake news or anything I was talking about?
Exactly which of my assertions are you implying is wrong by your above assertions and How so? Be specific.

MB

Moves
11 Oct 20
1 edit

@humy said
Nothing I ever asserted in recent posts had anything to do with any of the above; What are you on? I cannot even guess what your stupid straw man might be this time. I expresses/implied NO OPINION of your above assertions thus whatever you are pretending my opinion is of the above, its a lie.
What has any of this got to do with fake news or anything I was talking about?
Exactly which of my assertions are you implying is wrong by your above assertions and How so? Be specific.
What fake news? Name a single think I wrote that was fake news.

Tell me, why does Astrazeneca need to be exempt from liability? Would it need to be exempt if the vaccine is safe?

MB

Moves
11 Oct 20

@kewpie said
I expect Russia will go through Stage 3, but Russia like the US has been overhyping all its vaccine reporting. None of us here expect a safe and effective vaccine to be available to ordinary people before the end of 2021. That's why we're working our butts off enduring all sorts of restrictions so that we can keep our death rate down until appropriate therapies can be availa ...[text shortened]... est in their democratic voting system, which appears to allow authority to go to the highest bidder.
Not just US vaccine manufacturers. Astrazeneca is a British vaccine manufacturer.

h

Moves
11 Oct 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
What fake news?
I posted here one link about fake news which for some reason you not only responded to it but did so with ranting and raving all straw man BS even though it wasn't even directed to you.
So are you asking me about what fake news was mentioned in that link?
If yes; just read the link and see for yourself. I won't babysit you.
If no; I wasn't referring to any specific fake news item and you know it; this is yet ANOTHER one of your new straw mans.
Name a single think I wrote that was fake news.

Yet ANOTHER one of your new straw mans; I never said in any recent post something you said was fake news.
In fact it would be an insult to our intelligence to imply your usual personal made up BS you post here is 'news' let alone 'fake news'.
Tell me, why does Astrazeneca need to be exempt from liability?
I said/implied nothing about "Astrazeneca need to be exempt from liability" and never demanded/implied anyone should ever be exempt from liability let alone specifically "Astrazeneca". What are you on? Or is this yet ANOTHER one of your new straw mans?
Would it need to be exempt if the vaccine is safe?
No.
Yet ANOTHER one of your new straw mans?

There, sorted.

MB

Moves
11 Oct 20

@humy said
I posted here one link about fake news which for some reason you not only responded to it but did so with ranting and raving all straw man BS even though it wasn't even directed to you.
So are you asking me about what fake news was mentioned in that link?
If yes; just read the link and see for yourself. I won't babysit you.
If no; I wasn't referring to any specific fake news ...[text shortened]... mpt if the vaccine is safe? [/quote]No.
Yet ANOTHER one of your new straw mans?

There, sorted.
Take your vaccines. All of them. Your doctor loves you. Doctors know the contents of vaccines. Ask them. They will reassure you. All is good.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Oct 20

@Metal-Brain
Your attitude is reflected by millions of other people which means we will be wearing masks for years to come because there will NEVER be herd immunity because of the stupid people who would refuse the vaccine.

It is a good indicator of the lack of intelligence of human beings.

Our economies will never get back to the old levels unless we do get herd immunity and the only way to do that is either wear masks for the next ten years or EVERYONE get vaccinated.

The antivaxx movement is just another indication of how stupid humans really are in many ways.
You think it's nothing a million people are dead worldwide but if this goes on for another 2 years there will be more like TEN million dead.

Again, for you, no big deal, unless of course your family members start dying. THEN you would be worried, till then, your proven stupidity will shine through along with millions of OTHER stupid people.

MB

Moves
13 Oct 20

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
Your attitude is reflected by millions of other people which means we will be wearing masks for years to come because there will NEVER be herd immunity because of the stupid people who would refuse the vaccine.

It is a good indicator of the lack of intelligence of human beings.

Our economies will never get back to the old levels unless we do get herd immu ...[text shortened]... ied, till then, your proven stupidity will shine through along with millions of OTHER stupid people.
"Our economies will never get back to the old levels unless we do get herd immunity and the only way to do that is either wear masks for the next ten years or EVERYONE get vaccinated."

Your statement is FALSE!

Wearing masks will not result in herd immunity. Getting SARS2 and surviving will give people herd immunity.

There will NEVER be herd immunity because of the stupid people who think giving vaccine makers immunity from lawsuits and letting it remain that way is a recipe for trust in vaccines. If you want to restore trust in vaccines simply make vaccine makers liable again. It is that simple.

Who is naive Kate?

h

Moves
13 Oct 20

@metal-brain said
"Our economies will never get back to the old levels unless we do get herd immunity and the only way to do that is either wear masks for the next ten years or EVERYONE get vaccinated."

Your statement is FALSE!

Wearing masks will not result in herd immunity.
This is just your straw man. He did NOT say;

"...Wearing masks will result in herd immunity"

He actually said

"...either wear masks for the next ten years or EVERYONE get vaccinated"

Wearing masks for the next ten years without getting vaccinated would result in slowly sufficient proportion of the population over those next ten years catching it (any in many but not most cases dying of it) for sufficient herd immunity so, actually, what he said there is at least mainly correct.

I only would make the very minor criticism with his use of that above word of "EVERYONE" as it would be unnecessary for literally everyone to get vaccinated to create sufficient herd immunity, just need to vaccinate about roughly ~80% of the most venerable and with the other measures such as masks and social distancing the epidemic would then not take too long to fizzle out to nothing.

Of course, and this is what he would agree with, it would be better to BOTH get vaccinated AND ware masks until the vaccine takes effect and you would be stupid to refuse a vaccine against a disease when the current risk to your health from that disease is much greater than possible risk from the vaccine.

MB

Moves
13 Oct 20

@humy said
This is just your straw man. He did NOT say;

"...Wearing masks will result in herd immunity"

He actually said

"...either wear masks for the next ten years or EVERYONE get vaccinated"

Wearing masks for the next ten years without getting vaccinated would result in slowly sufficient proportion of the population over those next ten years catching it (any in many but not ...[text shortened]... e current risk to your health from that disease is much greater than possible risk from the vaccine.
Here is his quote:

He said exactly that. Read much?

h

Moves
13 Oct 20

@metal-brain said
Here is his quote:

where does he say there "...Wearing masks will result in herd immunity" ?

MB

Moves
13 Oct 20

@humy said
where does he say there "...Wearing masks will result in herd immunity" ?
Notice "and the only way to do that".
Sonhouse chose his words hastily and made a false statement. This isn't an opinion. Learn how to read.

h

Moves
13 Oct 20

@metal-brain said
Notice "and the only way to do that".
which isn't "...Wearing masks will result in herd immunity"

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Oct 20

@Metal-Brain
You really don't get out much. The actual scientific consensus is masks are nearly as good as a vaccine. And it is just an indication of the low intelligence of humans to not heed the science.
You don't want to vax, you are stupid. It's really that simple.
to get control of Covid 19, it will take 90% + people to get vaxxed. Till then, if 85% of everyone used masks it will also reduce the amount of infections till a viable vax arrives.
Anyone who thinks different is , A STUPID or B Republican. Or both.

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Oct 20

@metal-brain said
Did you know that multiple dose vials of the flu vaccine contain thimerosal (mercury)?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/thimerosal.htm

Other vaccines like the Tetanus Vaccine contain formaldehyde, a known poison and human carcinogen.
This has been discussed and refuted before. Yet you still repeat the same incomplete information. Yes, some vaccines contain minute amounts of formaldehyde in liquid form. Formaldehyde is dangerous only in larger doses and only if inhaled. Second, some vaccines contain mercury compounds, not pure mercury. Table salt contains sodium and chlorine, both poisonous, yet sodium chloride is not poisonous. Same with the mercury compounds in vaccines.