1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 16:24
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    To start things off let me just say that the comment that incited my first reply on this thread was the most half-baked attempt that I ever saw in trying to popularize entanglement and Bell's inequalities (later comments weren't exactly stellar either, mind you)

When you are in QM the concept of force makes no sense whatsoever and so this talk of act ...[text shortened]... away and I'll do my best, but just count me out of this action-reaction talk from now on.
    Thanks, I'll give them a read. Probably won't understand much, so expect more questions. 🙂
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 16:29
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes, that must be why papers concerning BEC are usually found in PRA and not in PRB...
    And what that has to do with anything? If you can find someone that works in BEC and is described in the academia as being a quantum physicist you would have made a point.

Care to try again?
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 16:44
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Thanks, I'll give them a read. Probably won't understand much, so expect more questions. 🙂
    The SEP article is very digestible, but the EPR article is very heavy (even Einstein himself wasn't very happy with the fact that the mathematical formalism buried his more physical argument).
    But if I were you I'd read through anyway just for having bragging rights.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 21:32
    And what that has to do with anything? If you can find someone that works in BEC and is described in the [b]academia as being a quantum physicist you would have made a point.

Care to try again?[/b]
    I fail to understand why you find a name tag so significant.
  5. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 12:23
    I fail to understand why you find a name tag so significant.
    May I assume that your furious google searches failed to find an hit in the academia that classified people working in BEC as quantum physicists?

PS: I fail to understand why you had the need to introduce yourself as a (quantum) physicist in this thread only to later display such an incredible lack of real knowledge in the issues you brought into discussion.
    PPS: I also fail to understand why I still haven't replied to the OP, by the way... 😕 😕 😕
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 12:26
    I think the most shocking scientific discovery, is that by Micheal A Cremo, who is the worlds most authoratative paleoanthropologist, who has discovered a systematic cover up of evidence that man has been around for millions of years, and the artifacts that support this have been hidden and discarded by mainstream science, so as to not disturb the current accepted therory of evolution.

The science of paleonthropology is actually against the therory of evolution, but these dishonest scientists and teachers keep the debunct therory of evolution alive, so as to save face with the people, because to say that they had it all wrong from the start would be very embarrassing and humbling.(so they keep lying) by putting forward and presenting false evidence.

Micheal A Cremo with his book Forbidden Archeology, has blown the whole cover up, that the species have come about by the gradual evloution starting with a single cell.

Any person who accepts the therory of evolution, is a person who has accepted blindly, just like religious people who accept blindly the religion they are born into.

vishva
  7. Germany
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 13:02
    May I assume that your furious google searches failed to find an hit in the academia that classified people working in BE[b]C as quantum physicists?

PS: I fail to understand why you had the need to introduce yourself as a (quantum) physicist in this thread only to later display such an incredible lack of real knowledge in the issues you brought i ...[text shortened]... .
    PPS: I also fail to understand why I still haven't replied to the OP, by the way... 😕 😕 😕[/b]
    Are you still upset about that logic thread where you were wrong?
  8. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 08:26
    Are you still upset about that logic thread where you were wrong?
    No hits yet?

I wonder why...
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 10:131 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I think the most shocking scientific discovery, is that by Micheal A Cremo, who is the worlds most authoratative paleoanthropologist, who has discovered a systematic cover up of evidence that man has been around for millions of years, and the artifacts that support this have been hidden and discarded by mainstream science, so as to not disturb the current accepted therory of evolution.
    Information about Mr Cremo according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo

(quote)
    Michael A. Cremo (born July 15, 1948, Schenectady, New York), also known as Drutakarma Dasa, is an American Hindu creationist whose work argues that modern humans have lived on the earth for billions of years. Cremo's antievolutionist book Forbidden Archeology has attracted attention from Hindu creationists and paranormalists, but has been labeled as pseudoscience by representatives of the mainstream archaelogical and paleoanthropologist community. Cremo has referred to himself as a "Vedic creationist."
    (unquote)
  10. Germany
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 10:56
    No hits yet?

I wonder why...
    What can I say, you caught me man. I'm a fraud.
  11. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 18:04
    What can I say, you caught me man. I'm a fraud.
    I'd say that you're a pompous idiot, not a fraud.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 08:46
    I'd say that you're a pompous idiot, not a fraud.
    Come on now. A quantum physicist can hardly be described as an idiot.
  13. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 18:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Come on now. A quantum physicist can hardly be described as an idiot.
    A pompous idiot, mind you.

A quantum physicist wouldn't talk about forces when talking about QM.
    A quantum physicist wouldn't use such a sloppy and poor language while talking about the EPR paradox.
  14. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 19:06
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I think the most shocking scientific discovery, is that by Micheal A Cremo, who is the worlds most authoratative paleoanthropologist, who has discovered a systematic cover up of evidence that man has been around for millions of years, and the artifacts that support this have been hidden and discarded by mainstream science, so as to not disturb the current ...[text shortened]... lindly, just like religious people who accept blindly the religion they are born into.

vishva
    “...and presenting false evidence. ...”

So all the pieces of that vast mountain of evidence for evolution is false?
    Can you give a specific example of just one small piece of that evidence that you claim to be false and tell us why you think it is false?
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 22:08
    The "conclusion" that there are 11 parallel universes.🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree