1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 05:03
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    The "conclusion" that there are 11 parallel universes.🙄
    Noone has ever said that there are 11 different parallel universes and at the same time knowing what he's talking about. From where did you get this piece of desinformation?
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 10:342 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Noone has ever said that there are 11 different parallel universes and at the same time knowing what he's talking about. From where did you get this piece of desinformation?
    Answer; he's been to those universes.
    I have been to them to. I have brought back souvenirs including a delicious apple pie.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 11:57
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Answer; he's been to those universes.
    I have been to them to. I have brought back souvenirs including a delicious apple pie.
    Don't do drugs. They affect your mind.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 12:35
    Don't do drugs. They affect your mind.
    That's kinda the point of them, isn't it?

Richard
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 19:38
    The "conclusion" that there are 11 parallel universes.🙄
    I think it's 11 (or maybe 10) perpendicular dimensions, with most "curled up very small" whatever that means.
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 02:22
    The Discovery Channel. That physicist guy---Oriental with whitish hair? He said there was a big debate among S-theorists about the # of universes: 10 or 11. Finally, 11 won out. That is where I heard it.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 05:50
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I think it's 11 (or maybe 10) perpendicular dimensions, with most "curled up very small" whatever that means.
    Right, but what has dimensions to do with parallel universes?
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 05:511 edit
    The Discovery Channel. That physicist guy---Oriental with whitish hair? He said there was a big debate among S-theorists about the # of universes: 10 or 11. Finally, 11 won out. That is where I heard it.
    Dimensions, dear PinkFloyd, dimensions. Not parallel universes.

Why I take this up as an important matter is that some religious people use the word "dimension" in a religious way, not knowing what it is. They think that higher dimension is the same as places where angels and demans live, when science people use 'dimensions' as a way to count spacial and temporal sets of coordinates (or something like that).

When religious people use scientific words without knowing the basic principles for them, they become very confused, and reject science altogether. Some religous people cannot differ evolution from abiogenesis, some even discuss BigBang in terms of evolution, not being able to differ them from eachother. They say 'theories, but mean 'guessings', not knowing the differences. But they are anyway dead sure that they have the Truth in their hands ( "because it says so in the bible" ).

When religious people reject some scientific theories, then they should at least learn something about it before. But no, they don't. But are very upset when n 'non-believer' have wrong opinions about their particular beliefs.

This is not directed toward you, PinkFloyd, but to the phenomenon of desinformation among religious people in general.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 18:001 edit
    Information about Mr Cremo according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo

(quote)
    Michael A. Cremo (born July 15, 1948, Schenectady, New York), also known as Drutakarma Dasa, is an American Hindu creationist whose work argues that modern humans have lived on the earth for billions of years. Cremo's antievolutionist book Forbidden Archeology h ...[text shortened]... oanthropologist community. Cremo has referred to himself as a "Vedic creationist."
    (unquote)
    Cremo is not a Hindu.....if you just sit in your arm chair and google everything, then you will surley make mistakes.

Cremo spent 8 yrs researching all the archeological finds.

Your comments are full of envy and spite.....what are you hiding, that you try to discredit someone you never heard of!
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 18:59
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Cremo is not a Hindu.....if you just sit in your arm chair and google everything, then you will surley make mistakes.

Cremo spent 8 yrs researching all the archeological finds.

Your comments are full of envy and spite.....what are you hiding, that you try to discredit someone you never heard of!
    You mentioned him, I looked it up, and you call me full of envy and spite? Why so hostile?
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 03:25
    You mentioned him, I looked it up, and you call me full of envy and spite? Why so hostile?
    Because Cremo is an honest man, he follows the spiritual way and doesnt take intoxication, or eat meat, or gamble or has illicit sex....he follow the recommended path of purification and devotion to God.

His work is selfless and and he exposes the cheating scientists where ever he can find them, because the whole world is practically atheistic, and the religions that are in main stream are bogus, and the people are suffering because of it.
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 04:11
    Dimensions, dear PinkFloyd, dimensions. Not parallel universes.

Why I take this up as an important matter is that some religious people use the word "dimension" in a religious way, not knowing what it is. They think that higher dimension is the same as places where angels and demans live, when science people use 'dimensions' as a way to count spacial a ...[text shortened]... inkFloyd, but to the phenomenon of desinformation among religious people in general.
    Sorry bout that Fabian---that was my bad. I shouldn't have mixed dimensions with universes. In my defense, the titillating title of the show was "Just how many universes ARE there?" Still, I should not have been fooled by such an advertising trick.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 05:51
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Because Cremo is an honest man, he follows the spiritual way and doesnt take intoxication, or eat meat, or gamble or has illicit sex....he follow the recommended path of purification and devotion to God.

His work is selfless and and he exposes the cheating scientists where ever he can find them, because the whole world is practically atheistic, and the religions that are in main stream are bogus, and the people are suffering because of it.
    Where did I say that he was not honest? I didn't mention his honesty at all. Why do you read in things in my postings that I didn't write? Are you afraid of something?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 05:55
    Sorry bout that Fabian---that was my bad. I shouldn't have mixed dimensions with universes. In my defense, the titillating title of the show was "Just how many universes ARE there?" Still, I should not have been fooled by such an advertising trick.
    No problem, PinkFloyd. Some people think that nomenclature isn't that important in science, but still it is. Science is anything but sloppy in this regard. As you correct yourself, you are not one of these.

Back on topic.

We know only one universe. Ours. The rest are pure speculations. Or religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree