1. Joined
    24 Sep '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 01:47
    This will aid greatly in a correspondence chess game with another person.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 02:37
    Originally posted by nihilismor
    you know it wouldn't matter if they were rated or not, the rating isn't going to change. can't see anyone improving from it either, most people get better from playing better players not equals.
  3. Home
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 16:40
    Your idea really does not make any sence.
    Why would you want to play a game with you self if you already know your oppositions ideas and thoughts. Part of the game is discovering the oppositions ideas. It really would not enhance your level of play significantly.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 16:44
    Use the analyse board.

D
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 17:16
    Allow unrated gaming against self
    Sounds like masturbation for chessoholics...?
  6. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 20:09
    it is a little cryptic but i have a feeling that s/he wishes to play correspondance chess agianst someone who is not a member of RHP but wishes to track and record the game on here.

if you re-read his post in this way it does make sense (kinda)

I still couldn't see the idea being accepted though
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 22:31
    Originally posted by MCA
    it is a little cryptic but i have a feeling that s/he wishes to play correspondance chess agianst someone who is not a member of RHP but wishes to track and record the game on here.

All the other person needs to do then is register. 🙄
  8. Joined
    24 Sep '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 02:42
    Originally posted by MCA

someone with a brain.
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 03:08
    Let me dumb it down for you all.

Many offsite forums (forums not affiliated with RHP [Red Hot Pawn]) have a chess thread where people will email their moves back and forth (i.e e2 - e4.) They keep track of their games using an actual chessboard sitting next to their computer. If one was able to play a game against themselves on RHP (Red Hot Pawn) the necessity of having a chessboard would cease.

Common sense should have deterred you all from thinking that I would want such a thing for any other reason (i.e. playing a game against myself in order to better my skill). Being of those who understand the fundaments of chess, I would have thought common sense would be something you posessed.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 05:37
    I would have thought common sense would be something you posessed.
    Haha, you thought wrong then mate.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 06:02

Many offsite forums (forums not affiliated with RHP [Red Hot Pawn]) have a chess thread where people will email their moves back and forth (i.e e2 - e4.) They keep track of their games using an actual chessboard sitting next to their computer. If one was able to play a game against themselves on RHP (Red Hot Pawn) th ...[text shortened]... tand the fundaments of chess, I would have thought common sense would be something you posessed.
    Why would anyone play chess in that manner when they could just as easily play it here?
  12. Standard memberIcky Ike
    Pro-Complainer
    California
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 06:531 edit
    Bobby Fischer used to play against himself because there was rarely anyone nearby that could offer much of a challenge to him. You play both sides equally hard and in that sense the game becomes positional as apposed to tactical demanding you account for any strategy to be used against you. However this idea is rediculous... you can easily play yourself in the analyze game board.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 14:56

Many offsite forums (forums not affiliated with RHP [Red Hot Pawn]) have a chess thread where people will email their moves back and forth (i.e e2 - e4.) They keep track of their games using an actual chessboard sitting next to their computer. If one was able to play a game against themselves on RHP (Red Hot Pawn) th ...[text shortened]... tand the fundaments of chess, I would have thought common sense would be something you posessed.
    Use chesspad.

D
  14. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 15:321 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    24 Sep '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 17:21
    Thank You I.B.B. Are you able to save the analyze game board?

Thank You Ragnorok. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree