1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Mar '23 19:54
    @divegeester said
    What do you think of my proposal Suzianne?
    I thought I was clear.

No, I don't want to marry you.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 02:52
    @suzianne said
    What an arbitrary wack-a-doodle example.
    No. It gets to the very heart of why moonbus's advice is oddly infantile just as Philokalia's was.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 02:54
    @divegeester said
    Someone was really really upset with your post, so upset that they felt the need to alert it 🤣
    It got deleted! Unbelievable.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 15:01
    @divegeester said
    bitterness.
    You keep repeating this word.

You keep avoiding the mirror.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 06:09
    @shallow-blue said
    You keep repeating this word.

You keep avoiding the mirror.
    Yes I do, it fits perfectly.

What do I keep avoiding in your oblique “mirror” analogy?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 06:11
    @suzianne said
    I thought I was clear.

No, I don't want to marry you.
    My proposal is that the thumbing feature is to be made for subscribers only. What do you think of that?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 10:15
    Ideas for reform thus far

1. Get rid of it
    2. Subscribers only
    3. Not anonymous
    4. A limited number per month/week
    5. People can opt to make thumbs invisible
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 10:481 edit
    @fmf said
    Ideas for reform thus far

1. Get rid of it
    2. Subscribers only
    3. Not anonymous
    4. A limited number per month/week
    5. People can opt to make thumbs invisible
    Thanks for the summary.

1. I think is a non starter as too many subscribers want the feature to remain.
    2. Subscribers only is the way to go I feel 🥇
    3. Would be huge fun! But I don’t think it is the way forward.
    4. This is a good idea to be combined with number 2, just like the alerts function. 🥈
    5. Only if it can’t be changed for an entire year. 🥉
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:22
    @divegeester said
    My proposal is that the thumbing feature is to be made for subscribers only. What do you think of that?
    My proposal is that you two stop flogging a horse so dead for so long, we might as well call it Shergar and put it in lasagna.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:311 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    My proposal is that you two stop flogging a horse so dead for so long, we might as well call it Shergar and put it in lasagna.
    Many people have criticised the thumbing feature over the years, in fact this week I was readying a thread started by Trev33 from 2016 I think it was, doing exactly that.

The debate has been going on along time and will continue to do so despite a few people trying to close it down.
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Mar '23 15:03
    @fmf said
    No. It gets to the very heart of why moonbus's advice is oddly infantile just as Philokalia's was.
    Could you please use the word "infantile" in a few more sentences?
    I'm afraid that some may not be aware of your splendid mastery of its meaning.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Mar '23 16:041 edit
    @woofwoof said
    I think "infantile" is just fine. After all, we all admire Bobby Fischer's play, which was single-minded in pursuit of satisfaction. Adults are much too easily distracted by each shiny object which presents itself, but Bobby attained the highest levels of concentration and achievement as only an infant focused on the tit can. Indeed, as some here are equally focused on denying others their satisfaction ...
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '23 23:44
    @moonbus said
    I think "infantile" is just fine. After all, we all admire Bobby Fischer's play, which was single-minded in pursuit of satisfaction. Adults are much too easily distracted by each shiny object which presents itself, but Bobby attained the highest levels of concentration and achievement as only an infant focused on the tit can. Indeed, as some here are equally focused on denying others their satisfaction ...
    “Satisfaction”

Is that your word for @some-random-bloke aka Relentless-Red’s claim of the forum’s group-thinkers version of “forum retribution”?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 04:31
    @moonbus said
    There are two pertinent questions I asked you on previous pages that you seem to be blanking out. I know why. If you feel like answering them, that'd be good.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 04:33
    @woofwoof said
    If you don't understand why it is an apt word for the feature, that's fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree