An idea for improving the “thumbs” feature

An idea for improving the “thumbs” feature

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Feb 23

The post that was quoted here has been removed
“Bigotry” ??

F

Moves
13 Feb 23
1 edit

@suzianne said
Again, the feature is NOT being abused. It is "working as intended".
I see you have joined a club called Mandibles of the Silver Dawn which was set up by the banned Kevin Eleven. He has changed his screen name to Excited Exile and now has started another account called Ambrose Luxor as well. According to you, does his "freedom to disagree" mean he can use both these accounts to give thumbs?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Feb 23

@fmf said
I see you have joined a club called Mandibles of the Silver Dawn which was set up by the banned Kevin Eleven. He has changed his screen name to Excited Exile and now has started another account called Ambrose Luxor. According to you, does his "freedom to disagree" mean he can use both these accounts to give thumbs?
The supposedly erudite, principled and unbiased @Ponderable was also one of the first to join this club. An invitation he accepted from a poster serving a 1000 day ban for repeatedly trolling and posting abuse and whom he never once publicly reprimanded for it.

It’s interesting.

Moves
13 Feb 23

@suzianne said
But it wasn't being abused. Some people got a majority of alerts because people saw them for what they were... asshats.

It's about time you realize that if you act like an ass, people will respond to you, and if you are just a jerk, you might find their response... unfavorable.

The abusers were the people getting the alerts, for good reason. That's why you insisted t ...[text shortened]... ting the natural response so that you and the rest of the asshats can simply continue being asshats.
When non subs could alert it was being abused... a limit of 3 stops rusty from alerting every other post. I think it's fair, the alert system.

Moves
13 Feb 23

@divegeester said
“Stalin”

Dear me.
I don't think stalin was bothered about thumbs myself.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
13 Feb 23

@a-unique-nickname said
Only pulling the nails off.
BTW you'll always be plain old Trev to me.
It fit's much better on a spreadsheet I use elsewhere on this site!

F

Moves
13 Feb 23

@a-unique-nickname said
Regimes like his rely on anonymous condemnation. I don't think Suzianne understands how nutty her Stalinism riff is.

F

Moves
13 Feb 23

@venda said
Only pulling the nails off.
BTW you'll always be plain old Trev to me.
It fit's much better on a spreadsheet I use elsewhere on this site!
A spreadsheet on RHP members?

Respect.

Ghost of a Duke, divegeester and I just kept some notes!

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Feb 23

@fmf said
This is a reasonable idea. Then it can be like a group sticking something on someone's back in the playground and then giggling about it among themselves.
No it isn’t like that at all, and the fact that you liken it to schoolboy antics just shows where you’re coming from.

It’s like backbenchers murmuring “hear, hear” or “rubbish” when nothing more needs to be said.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Feb 23

@moonbus said
It’s like backbenchers murmuring “hear, hear” or “rubbish” when nothing more needs to be said.
Do they do that anonymously?

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@moonbus said
No it isn’t like that at all, and the fact that you liken it to schoolboy antics just shows where you’re coming from.
I see it as infantile. That's where I am coming from.

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@moonbus said
Is this why posters like Indonesia Phil and Woodgirl get large numbers of red thumbs for saying they enjoy the radio programme they help to make?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
14 Feb 23

@fmf said
A spreadsheet on RHP members?

Respect.

Ghost of a Duke, divegeester and I just kept some notes!
Nah.Not on members
Trev knows what I mean.
It's to do with a non chess game we play on the MUTI club forum.
Ghost knows all about it too

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 23

@divegeester said
Do they do that anonymously?
No one in the front rows needs to know who they are.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 23

@moonbus said
No one in the front rows needs to know who they are.
But them muttering “hear hear” isn’t anonymous, so I don’t see a comparison with anonymous thumbs.