1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 15:502 edits
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I can see no reason not to allow preloaded moves in all games. Remember to use a preloaded move I have to know exactly what move the opponent will play. I would probably only use it for opening moves and where my opponent has a forced recapture.

Also, explain how the vacation flag is misused and who it gives advantage to, I know you're dying to.
    sorry i am not dying to explain anything, lucky you haven't preloaded a response.

😉

edit. i dont have to convince you, just put my point across while defending against your attempts at humour.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 16:04
    You're right, you have to convince Russ.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 16:23
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Dont think my opinion lessens any because you can think up lame ass gibes.
    Your opinion can't lessen because it wasn't worth jack in the first place.
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 18:141 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Your opinion can't lessen because it wasn't worth jack in the first place.
    and how much is a jack these days?

if thats the best you have to bring to the discussion, then i'm sure you're proud of yourself, right?

ps it says in your profile that your last move was 21 days ago. . .what does game play have to do with you anyway?
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 18:56
    and how much is a jack these days?

if thats the best you have to bring to the discussion, then i'm sure you're proud of yourself, right?

ps it says in your profile that your last move was 21 days ago. . .what does game play have to do with you anyway?
    what does game play have to do with you anyway?

I thought you'd never ask.

I've played 71 games here, and 66 games on a corr. site that does allow conditional moves. Unlike you, I prefer to play fewer games at a higher quality level. (And lately, I play much more on the other site, because it has helpful features like conditional moves). I've also played OTB tournament chess for 15 years.

You have 3 times as many losses here as you do wins. That strikes me as masochistic. Who wants to play a game where they lose 75% of the time?

You could learn a lot about game play from me.
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 19:172 edits
    [b]what does game play have to do with you anyway?

I thought you'd never ask.

I've played 71 games here, and 66 games on a corr. site that does allow conditional moves. Unlike you, I prefer to play fewer games at a higher quality level. (And lately, I play much more on the other site, because it has helpful features like condit lay a game where they lose 75% of the time?

You could learn a lot about game play from me.[/b]
    I've played 71 games here

no you haven't , you've played 70.

Unlike you, I prefer to play fewer games at a higher quality level.

no you dont, you play for timeouts, as most of your wins were.

I've also played OTB tournament chess for 15 years.

irrelevant information

You have 3 times as many losses here as you do wins. That strikes me as masochistic. Who wants to play a game where they lose 75% of the time?

no i dont, at time of posting this i had

wins 165
    loses 153
    draws 8

and i dont play for timeouts.

You could learn a lot about game play from me.

like bad math and how to play for timeouts?

edit. the only reason you want to have this function is so you can get your timeouts quicker.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 22:303 edits
    I've played 71 games here

Unlike you, I prefer to play fewer games at a higher quality level.

I've also played OTB tournament chess for 15 years.

irrelevant information

You have 3 times as many losses here dit. the only reason you want to have this function is so you can get your timeouts quicker.

I've played 70 rated games and one set-piece game.

Time is part of the game, and mercy is for the weak. If you agree to play under a certain time control, you have no right to criticize your opponent for enforcing it.

BDP: I've also played OTB tournament chess for 15 years.
    HBH: irrelevant information

You wanted to know what game play has to do with me. There's more to the chess world than just this one correspondence site, ya know.

at time of posting this i had wins 165 loses(sic) 153 draws 8

You're right; I misread your profile. Still, having a 1200 rating after all those games is very unimpressive.

BDP: You could learn a lot about game play from me.
    HBH: like bad math and how to play for timeouts?

My error was a reading error, not math. You could at least get your criticism correct, if you're going to offer it. Note that the math I did was in fact, correct - if you had ~300 losses and ~100 wins, you lost 75% of your games.

My opponents bear full responsibility for timing out. They are the ones who fail to make a move within the agreed span. In several of the games (you're too weak a player to understand, so just take my word for it), my opponents were dead lost and stopped moving. They should EXPECT to be timed out, because we both know they don't plan to move in such a game ever again.

Frankly, I don't really care if the position is won, lost or drawn though; if I want a fast, move-per-day game, then letting someone wait several days to move is completely unacceptable.

There is no such thing as 'playing for timeouts'. I can't do a thing to make my opponent not move.

the only reason you want to have this function is so you can get your timeouts quicker.

I bet higher rated players get bored waiting for you to resign, so they do the only merciful thing: They time you out.
  8. London
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 22:34
    [b]no you haven't , you've played 70.

Time is part of the game, and mercy is for the weak. If you agree to play under a certain time control, you have no right to criticize your opponent for enforcing it.

BDP: [i]I'v ...[text shortened]... d waiting for you to resign, so they do the only merciful thing: They time you out.[/b]
    Set piece games are included in your "games played", which currently reads 70.
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 22:445 edits
    [b]no you haven't , you've played 70.

BDP: [i]I'v d waiting for you to resign, so they do the only merciful thing: They time you out.[/b]
    [/i]i accept that you got your figures wrong, i am not posting to win points.

I also do not care how impressed you are in my rating, i have paid for the right to have the rating i have, and your opinion is neither asked or needed.

If you want a fast game i suggest www.uchess.com, and if you want to play a chess version of "who's got the biggest penis" then play with someone else.

Dont , however try to tell me that my opinion isnt worth jack, i have as much right to give my opinion as you, or anyone else.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 23:56
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Set piece games are included in your "games played", which currently reads 70.
    No they don't.

http://www.timeforchess.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?p1name=BigDoggProblem&p2name=&showgamescode=A
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Jun '06 00:092 edits
    [/i]i accept that you got your figures wrong, i am not posting to win points.

I also do not care how impressed you are in my rating, i have paid for the right to have the rating i have, and your opinion is neither asked or needed.

If you want a fast game i suggest www.uchess.com, and if you want to play a chess version of "who's got the bigg t my opinion isnt worth jack, i have as much right to give my opinion as you, or anyone else.

You made the mistake of daring to suggest that I didn't have anything to do with playing this game. Of course, in a comparison between the two of us, you're going to get badly shown up. Compared to you, I actually play, while you shuffle pieces around and hope for the best.

If you want a fast game i suggest www.uchess.com.

Crappy site. I prefer ICC. And I like fast correspondence games, too. A move per day is a great time control. I don't expect my opponent to move more than once per day, but timebank help him if he moves less than that!

Dont , however try to tell me that my opinion isnt worth jack, i have as much right to give my opinion as you, or anyone else.

Don't make the common mistake of equating your right to an opinion with the value of that opinion. You can run your trap all you want, but you're not immune from criticism, either.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '06 00:17
    [b] while you shuffle pieces around and hope for the best.
    whats wrong with that? you have to learn some how. plus some people just like playing chess, it doesn't matter what their rating is.
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    15 Jun '06 00:271 edit
    [b]I also do not care how impressed you are in my rating, i have paid for the right to have the rating i have, and your opinion is neither asked or needed.

You made the mistake of daring to suggest that I didn't have anything to do with playing this game. Of course, in a comparison between the two of us, you're going to get badly shown up. Comp opinion. You can run your trap all you want, but you're not immune from criticism, either.[/b]
    you are determined, i'll give you that.

you havent moved on this site for 22 days, you cant read numbers, and you have an inflated view of your own opinion.

i do like, however, how you have turned this thread into a thread showing off just how ignorant a person you are. . .nice one 😵
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Jun '06 01:27
    you are determined, i'll give you that.

you havent moved on this site for 22 days, you cant read numbers, and you have an inflated view of your own opinion.

i do like, however, how you have turned this thread into a thread showing off just how ignorant a person you are. . .nice one 😵
    You still haven't actually explained why preloaded moves would benefit higher rated players. Just asserting it will is not the same as showing why. Try an example.
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    15 Jun '06 01:522 edits
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You still haven't actually explained why preloaded moves would benefit higher rated players. Just asserting it will is not the same as showing why. Try an example.
    i believe i have already, but i will try.

Can we first define "higher rated player" as someone 100+ points above me (i know i am leaving myself open here, but i'm hoping that this will get a sensible hearing), and not someone of 2000, or some extreme like that.

imagine a tournament, say a hardcore tournament, na/30.

Ok now can you see any way that a higher rated player who can plan ahead his moves, then move without actually attending the games, might be an advantage?

Now consider a 3/na game or a 1/na game. A time advantage in these games are an obvious plus, so someone who can plan ahead and not attend to his games surely has an extra advantage?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree