Anticipate move

Anticipate move

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
18 Jun 06

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
higher rated players.i'm glad we agree on something.
How do the ways in which higher rated players and lower rated players would use the premoves differ?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
18 Jun 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
How do the ways in which higher rated players and lower rated players would use the premoves differ?
"In a game between a 1200 and 1300 the preloaded moves won't be much use except in the opening or in occasions of forced moves. And in those cases rating doesn't matter so much as vision depth isn't really a factor."

in a hardcore tournament, time is the lower rated players only weapon.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Jun 06

no, that in a x/30 game the premoves would give an extra advantage to those who could use them properly. moving while away from the PC.
I'm going to try once more, as obviously you have no intention of changing your position, which I guess is your prerogative, but with the multitude of good points that have been made to you, it seems to be that either A) you don't fully understand the concept, or B) You have your hands over your ears and are going LALALALALALALA...

You keep bringing up the fact that conditional moves gives higher rated players an advantage over lower rated players. I'm 1800, and say I'm playing a 1200. So your point is that having conditional moves gives me the advantage because I can load up a few conditional moves and forget about the game?

Tell me, HBH, do you really think that the moves that an 1800 player thinks should be their opponent's next moves, would be the same as what a 1200 comes up with? Should the better player adjust his mindset to play like a 1200 so as to gain full "advantage" of the conditional moves? Do you really think that higher rated players have the advantage because they know exactly what a 1200 is going to play? If that was the case then either A) I'd be a 1200, or B) my opponent would be an 1800.

As you say, this is correspondence chess. If I have a lot of time today, but I know I'll have none tomorrow, why shouldn't I spend ages today trying to figure out some possibilities so that when I can't get to the pc tomorrow, my games are looked after? Now you keep contending that I'm not "attending" my games, but I've just spent 10 times more time today attending my game trying to figure out some different possible moves than attending the game tomorrow,whereby I'll have to spend much less time on the game because I'll know exactly what my opponent's move is.

D

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
18 Jun 06
2 edits

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I'm going to try once more, as obviously you have no intention of changing your position, which I guess is your prerogative, but with the multitude of good points that have been made to you, it seems to be that either A) you don't fully understand the concept, or B) You have your hands over your ears and are going LALALALALALALA...

You keep bringing up t ss time on the game because I'll know exactly what my opponent's move is.

D
so just because i dont agree with this, i dont understand the concepts. . .once again i'm bowled by your logic, could it be that i may just disagree with you, hmm, no it must be my hands on my ears, of course.
Is someone not agreeing with you such a blow to your ego that you must dismiss it as something else?

the 1800 v 1300 isnt my point (except in hardcore games), or have you not read any of my posts properly??

the difference is more of a grey area when you make the ratings 1400 v 1300, where the advantage could be more decisive.
I am currently playing a 1/7 game against a 1600 player, i think it is hard enough to try and keep my head above water, without him making three rapid moves when he isnt even at the board, but you just dont get it do you?

And i will say again for the third time, there is nothing wrong with the current system.

Thank you for the patronising tone of your post, it has confirmed my faith in humanity.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Jun 06

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Jun 06

And i will say again for the third time, there is nothing wrong with the current system.

Thank you for the patronising tone of your post, it has confirmed my faith in humanity.
As somebody already pointed out, the "If it ain't fixed" mentallity leads to mediocrity at best. You should check out the earliest version of this website to see how it would still look if people with your attitude had much input. Hell, you know how the chess pieces move, so why bother trying to better yourself. Your game ain't broke after all.

As for your faith in humanity... would you prefer if I started calling you a tw@ and an idiot? Is that the vision of humanity you dream of?

BTW: just to see if you can ever possibly change your position on something (and seeing as its pretty obvious that this thread should be dead), what's the legal age of consent in Ireland?

D

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
18 Jun 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
As somebody already pointed out, the "If it ain't fixed" mentallity leads to mediocrity at best. You should check out the earliest version of this website to see how it would still look if people with your attitude had much input. Hell, you know how the chess pieces move, so why bother trying to better yourself. Your game ain't broke after all.

As for ...[text shortened]... obvious that this thread should be dead), what's the legal age of consent in Ireland?

D
why are you thinking about inviting Xanthos over?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
18 Jun 06

why are you thinking about inviting Xanthos over?
I give up. You are utterly unconvincable. Well done.

E

Swansea

Moves
18 Jun 06

I give up. You are utterly unconvincable. Well done.
I have waited to say this for a while now.....Xanthos...you lose! 😀

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
19 Jun 06
1 edit

Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
I have waited to say this for a while now.....Xanthos...you lose! 😀
I've given up trying to convince huckleberryhound of anything because he refuses to listen. I know that I'm right, Russ knows that I'm right (apparently premoves are planned to be included at some point) and everyone who reads this thread without preconceptions will know that I'm right.
If that means I've lost then go figure.

G

B is for bye bye

Moves
19 Jun 06

I've given up trying to convince huckleberryhound of anything because he refuses to listen. I know that I'm right, Russ knows that I'm right (apparently premoves are planned to be included at some point) and everyone who reads this thread without preconceptions will know that I'm right.
If that means I've lost then go figure.
Is convincing HBH of anything important?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
19 Jun 06
2 edits

Originally posted by Gastel
Is convincing HBH of anything important?
another one of xanthos's clan buddies, i see.

How dare i have an opinion that differs from yours.You's guys really are something, you know that.

and one other thing. russ's statement was "its on my to do list", i'm sure ridding the world of hunger, and meeting Iron Maiden are on his to do list aswell.

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
19 Jun 06

so just because i dont agree with this, i dont understand the concepts. . .once again i'm bowled by your logic, could it be that i may just disagree with you, hmm, no it must be my hands on my ears, of course.
Is someone not agreeing with you such a blow to your ego that you must dismiss it as something else?

the 1800 v 1300 isnt my point (excep ...[text shortened]... .

if you can't move every day you should try playing games with longer time controls.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
19 Jun 06

Originally posted by murrow
if you can't move every day you should try playing games with longer time controls.
but to move three times when you are in a tough position, and the oponent is not at the board?
I'm sorry if it takes a bit more convincing for me to accept that as a good thing, but i'm just dont believe that is a positive way forward for all envolved.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
19 Jun 06
1 edit

but to move three times when you are in a tough position, and the oponent is not at the board?
I'm sorry if it takes a bit more convincing for me to accept that as a good thing, but i'm just dont believe that is a positive way forward for all envolved.
Once again, you do not have to move three times in a row. You could move once every day even if you are playing a line the opponent has preloaded.