1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 19:39
    Originally posted by Russ
    Most likely an arbitrary 1200 from Jan 1st 2016, although I'm considering just rating every clan challenge ever played.
    Another question.
    At the end of the year, how is the winner determined ?
    By highest rating ?

In that case, we could have a scenario where a clan leader could decide that his clan's rating is high in January and stop setting challenges to avoid a rating drop.

In other words, winning by not playing.

That is a problem.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 06:211 edit
    Russ said there would not be a winner at the end of the year. There would be continuous assessment.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 08:15
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Russ said there would not be a winner at the end of the year. There would be continuous assessment.
    Still, the point remains that you don't want a Clan staying #1 for months on end by sitting on a high rating.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 09:17
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Still, the point remains that you don't want a Clan staying #1 for months on end by sitting on a high rating.
    There might be a minimum activity clause. For example, a clan must have at least 5 challenge games running during any consecutive 3 months to maintain its rating; otherwise its rating is suspended. A suspended rating can be re-instated by engaging a new challenge within x-months. After x-months of no challenge games, a clan is declared defunct and starts over at the entry-rating. Exact numbers open to discussion/adjustment.
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 09:20
    i dont know how hard it would be to reset the standings on the first january each year
    that way we will have a winner plus all clans will start equal
    as this new format will basically be a ladder system apply the same rules, no clan can refuse a challenge from another clan ten places below them, if they do its a automatic win for the challenging clan, that would stop a clan getting on top then stop playing.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 10:201 edit
    Clan players rotate in and out without regard to year-ends, so dispensing with an annual winner makes sense. The proposal does not dispense with clan standings, they just continue on without regard to calendar years, that's all.

Resetting the standings every year would not be hard, and would tend to eliminate the possibility of a clan sitting on its laurels.
  7. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 19:26
    Clan players rotate in and out without regard to year-ends, so dispensing with an annual winner makes sense. The proposal does not dispense with clan standings, they just continue on without regard to calendar years, that's all.

Resetting the standings every year would not be hard, and would tend to eliminate the possibility of a clan sitting on its laurels.
    i can see a lot of people not being interested in the clan system anymore as has happened with the clan leagues
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 19:401 edit
    A lot of people are already not interested in it.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 01:13
    So .... where is the spirit of competition ??

I would think you want to declare a winner ?

I had put out a proposal that complemented some of your ideas.

It is somewhere in the first site ideas thread among the 600+ posts.

I'll look for it and resubmit it.
  10. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 08:07
    Originally posted by mghrn55

No point in playing unless there is a yearly winner we don't want it to fade away like the yearly championship engine users ruined that can't let the collusion queens ruin the clan system
    The new system looks okay a few issues need fixed though more important things need sorted perhaps a vote to finally put to bed what happened and was allowed to happen last year

1 easy riders anti Metallica arrow and breaking bad all should have points removed
    2 a warning should be issued telling all involved will be booted if it happens again

No alternative universe nonsense smash them down send a message to every player on here no time limit no hiding cheats will be punished
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 12:38
    Originally posted by mghrn55

The spirit of competition is in the playing, not the result. Just like real life, actually.

There will still be winners. It just won't be a snapshot in time at the end of each year, that's all.
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 15:15
    The spirit of competition is in the playing, not the result. Just like real life, actually.

There will still be winners. It just won't be a snapshot in time at the end of each year, that's all.
    Winning in real life is someone being fitted with a green jacket at Augusta in 4 weeks time.
    It is about Germany being presented with a World Cup trophy in 2014 .
    New England Patriots getting a Super Bowl trophy in February.
    Chicago Cubs winning world series last fall.
    And so on and so on......

Winning something is part of life.

Current clan feature is about winning something.
    As flawed as the feature may be.

Let's improve the feature !!
    But let's keep it interesting.
    There is a prize out there somewhere.
    Even Carrobie, McTayto and Vespin have been doing cartwheels for the last 3 months over something they think they achieved.

Winning counts for something as long as it is done honorably.
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 23:05
    I also believe that there has to be a system that allows a winner to validate the effort of the clan and it's members.
    However, it has to be in such a way that it is a fair playing field and clans such as Metallica should not be in a position to manipulate results to achieve the status of winner.
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 08:07
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I also believe that there has to be a system that allows a winner to validate the effort of the clan and it's members.
    However, it has to be in such a way that it is a fair playing field and clans such as Metallica should not be in a position to manipulate results to achieve the status of winner.
    Check the facts the easy riders cheated with help from you not Metallica

Er have you any useful ideas apart from resigning and ruining tournaments what a total saddo
  15. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 10:12
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    When was the last time you wrote anything that didn't contain the word Metallica. You're obsessed by them.

Time you got back to sandbagging your rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree