Clan Elo Rating Suggestion

Clan Elo Rating Suggestion

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Mar 17
2 edits

Originally posted by moonbus
1. A two-tier system, one tier for large clans and a second one for small clans. The cut-off is open to discussion, but somewhere around 4 to 6 players might be about right for the peewee league clans, above that for the heavy-weight clan league.

2. Allow small clans to form temporary alliances to challenge one big clan. The result would benefit or debit ...[text shortened]... big one, for that challenge. This would allow small clans to challenge big ones on equal terms.
How about the cut-off being 10 people in the clan, right in the middle, half the size of a full clan??

I agree that there are too many one-person clans with one-person challenges. Give them incentive to join up with others. "Too many generals, not enough privates."

l

Victor, New York

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Still, the point remains that you don't want a Clan staying #1 for months on end by sitting on a high rating.
Would it be possible to weight the points so that the more recent points were worth more than those that were older? Would that address the issue of clans not playing for months on end?

m

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by lstcyr
Would it be possible to weight the points so that the more recent points were worth more than those that were older? Would that address the issue of clans not playing for months on end?
I had suggested somewhere in the original thread that we stick to a point scoring system. But that system would run off the rating changes from the clan games.
I will look for that post and repost it here. Much simpler than trying to manage a clan rating. And it could work off the ELO rating system. And it would solve the issue of resigning games in decided challenges.

I'll let you know when I find that post.

rc

Moves
18 Mar 17

at last a system that rewards good chess. look forward to testing it out and watching maghobber55's rating shoot up to 1900

Here

Moves
18 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
at last a system that rewards good chess. look forward to testing it out and watching maghobber55's rating shoot up to 1900
I was under the impression that this was for clan rating and not individual rating
But if it is that's all the better for your friends Mctayto and Lemondrop

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
18 Mar 17

Can we please have an update on the progress of fixing the clan system.

Please also advise whether measures will be imposed to redress the collusion tactics that a few malcontents made to the clan system last year by removing these points.

I'm sure quite a few subscribers who paid there subscription fee last year will be awaiting this decision before demanding their money back if not addressed.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
20 Mar 17

Cue "crickets chirping" effect

st johnstone

Moves
20 Mar 17

Originally posted by radioactive69
Cue "crickets chirping" effect
Today is the day I think unless something more important has come up maybe fish tank needs cleaning?

Roll back the integrity solution

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Mar 17
1 edit

A clan rating "preview" has just been released.

The clan tables have a new addition, a "rating" column, on the far right (for now). You can sort on this column, but this will become the default sort order when viewing the clan directory.

The clan ratings are not reset each year, but roll over into the following year. Final annual standings are still available.

Each clan home page has a rating trend graph, which also includes games won/lost/drawn in each challenge.

Larger challenges with many wins will result in a significant rating increase, and vice versa.

Challenges with under 4 players also incur a penalty.

edit : The ratings are not calculated live for now, so any new wins/loses will not be reflected in the graphs or rating.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
21 Mar 17

colorful

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Mar 17

Originally posted by Russ
A clan rating "preview" has just been released.

The clan tables have a new addition, a "rating" column, on the far right (for now). You can sort on this column, but this will become the default sort order when viewing the clan directory.

The clan ratings are not reset each year, but roll over into the following year. Final annual standings are still ava ...[text shortened]... ot calculated live for now, so any new wins/loses will not be reflected in the graphs or rating.
So what, exactly, does this tell us?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
21 Mar 17

Originally posted by shortcircuit
It tells us that Russ is doing something about the concerns of the clans.
It looks like a lot of work to me so I for one congratulate him for at least trying.
One of my mantra's is that whatever the system there'll be those who try to manipulate it for their own ends.
Let's hope the changes make for an improved system.

rc

Moves
21 Mar 17

Originally posted by shortcircuit
man you sooooo dim.

rc

Moves
21 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by venda
It looks like a lot of work to me so I for one congratulate him for at least trying.
One of my mantra's is that whatever the system there'll be those who try to manipulate it for their own ends.
It appears to me to be just the same as before simply with a different output, instead of points we have a rating.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Mar 17

Originally posted by venda
Dave, I am being serious. What does it do?? The graph of a clan??