1. Amsterdam
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 11:26
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

A player can be just as loyal regardless of their results, surely.
    I do agree that you can be loyal regardless of results..

However, somebody who finishes 1 game for the clan in 2 months, in general adds less points than somebody who finishes 5 clan games a week.. To have the loyalty icon indicate some kind of added value to the clan, you should not reward 5 losses, because in that case somebody who finishes 1 game per 2 months and wins that one, can add more value than somebody who finishes 5 a week and loses all..

And I have not seen it being mentioned in this thread, but perhaps losing on move timeout should be punished extra in the loyalty indicator?

Hope it made some sense (being disctracted by work, haha)
  2. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 19:402 edits
    Originally posted by Russ
    I am just considering a small change to the clan system (one part of many planned) but thought I would run it past some of you first.

I want to recognise loyalty to a clan, and indicate with an icon how many games someone has won for the clan during challenges. (Or just played, regardless of result, if people prefer)

So, I am proposing an icon, probabl ) for a clan.

This idea is not influenced by time spent playing Halo 3, honest 😉

-Russ
    Great idea.
    Perhaps something like...
    I only play for this clan.... 3 stripes
    I play for this clan and another... 2 stripes etc.
    I play for this clan and two more... 1 stripe etc
    Simple.
    (This represents true loyalty, regardless of results)

Second edit: Clan members personal results are irrelevant, assuming that you wish to show loyalty. The proposed icons are there to show loyalty. Being a clan leader myself, it's the loyalty icon that I would look for. Loyalty = Clan Membership to that one particular clan.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 20:02
    ..this information is already on the page...all the clans are listed and a flag shows if you run a clan...how about a BIG change to invigorate the system...
    all clans start over on jan 1, 2008...nobody carries over any points and you can only be in one clan...what a race to the top...what a challenge to get someone to get into your clan...
  4. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 20:32
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ..this information is already on the page...all the clans are listed and a flag shows if you run a clan...how about a BIG change to invigorate the system...
    all clans start over on jan 1, 2008...nobody carries over any points and you can only be in one clan...what a race to the top...what a challenge to get someone to get into your clan...
    I think you're at cross purposes here. There is no indication of clan loyalty.. hence the reason for this thread.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 20:44
    loyalty...a very subjective idea..only the clan leader (other than the player)
    would know the level of loyalty...just let the clan leader post about the player in the little message box i have suggested...and he or she can change the message as soon as the clan member becomes disloyal..
  6. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 20:51
    loyalty...a very subjective idea..only the clan leader (other than the player)
    would know the level of loyalty...just let the clan leader post about the player in the little message box i have suggested...and he or she can change the message as soon as the clan member becomes disloyal..
    Point taken, but a simple tick, one tick or two ticks etc would be easier for Russ to implement, and everyone else looking at the page would also know at a glance.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 20:54
    ..i am not loyal to my clan...yet i might give myself a dozen ticks just to try and impress myself...
  8. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 20:57
    ..i am not loyal to my clan...yet i might give myself a dozen ticks just to try and impress myself...
    We're talking about different things here.
  9. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 22:28
    i think the ideas brilliant lets go with it.
  10. Amsterdam
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 22:47
    ..and you can only be in one clan...
    I can give some credit to this point..

Right now you can play the same person in 4 different clans..
    I do support loyalty, and I do think that bringing down the amount of clans you can be in, supports this idea!

1 clan might be a problem for the clan leaders, so I'd suggest 2 clans max!

If you are in 2 clans and you want to create a clan to become a leader, you'd have to leave 1 first etc..

Are you now in more than 2, you will be unavailable for challenges until you've narrowed it down to 2 clans..

That's more loyalty to me.. (a football player normally plays in 1 team too, not for 4 teams in the same league....)
  11. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 04:17
    Great idea. rec'd
  12. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 05:411 edit
    I like the idea. rec'd. I think that the status should be made by somehow putting together 'games played' and 'games won'
  13. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 05:43
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    I can give some credit to this point..

Right now you can play the same person in 4 different clans..
    I do support loyalty, and I do think that bringing down the amount of clans you can be in, supports this idea!

1 clan might be a problem for the clan leaders, so I'd suggest 2 clans max!

If you are in 2 clans and you want to create a clan to beco ...[text shortened]... e.. (a football player normally plays in 1 team too, not for 4 teams in the same league....)
    I oppose this idea though, I see what you mean but I lead a clan and am in 3 others to keep me busy. I like being in 4 clans and strongly oppose lowering the max.
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 05:29
    I think it is a smart idea in more ways than one.
  15. Standard memberagryson
    AGW Hitman
    http://xkcd.com/386/
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 15:08
    Great idea. Maybe a way to demonstrate both the games won and the games played would be colouring the icons. Whichever icons you settle on to represent number of games won, the colour demonstrates the number played, kind of like the subscriber star system.
    So yellow would be a rookie, moving up to red for lots of games played, with the icon itself demonstrating the percentage of wins?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree