1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 18:07
    Another idea on hold?
  2. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 21:03
    My concern would be for those who are loyal but get dumped from a clan for a while (maybe didn't pay dues for a month), and then join once they are members again.

So maybe it should be cumulative for each clan that you reside within.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '04
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 12:19
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Another idea on hold?
    Question is why people apparently change clans that much. I once joined a clan and after 2 months of membership the clan leader hadn''t given me one single game, so i left .......

Having that said , i'd like to see a ranking for the clans......personally i like a vivid clan with lots of (chess related) forum posts. Maybe a ranking including the number of active posters in a clan?
  4. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 14:30
    I missed this thread the first time round.

I think length of service is a better index of 'loyalty' than no. of games played.

For example, I don't think taking hundreds of games over a short period of time shows you are more 'loyal' than, say, a high-rated player taking only a few games at a time over a period of years.
  5. Standard memberNAGYUR
    NagyUr
    New York
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 14:09
    Ranks earned in fighting for your clan is a damn good idea. Might also have give awards (like medals) for sharp tactics, dull games, and the like
  6. Standard memberNAGYUR
    NagyUr
    New York
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 14:12
    Curius. What happened at RHP to lose game histories?
  7. The sky
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 22:46
    Originally posted by NAGYUR
    Curius. What happened at RHP to lose game histories?
    See Thread 86626 (and the thread it links to)
  8. Standard memberBedingbedang
    commente moi donc ça
    Montreal
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 05:39
    I think this is a great idea and it could cover more than one indicator easily.

A stripes system could show if people are in only one clan or how long they've been with the clan and the stripes' colour could be an indicator of net points won or number of games played.

I also like the idea of using the chess pieces as grades rather than a military system. It gives us more options and is more fun!
  9. Standard memberBedingbedang
    commente moi donc ça
    Montreal
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 05:40
    Personnally I prefer length of service rather than number of clans because you can play a small role in one clan and still be very loyal and active in another clan in wich you deserve to be recognised.

I think net points are a better indicator of the quality of the play and the effort the players put into clan game. If a player wins more in tournaments than in clans you see what his priorities are and that's an indicator of loyalty.
  10. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 08:511 edit
    I take back my 1st post on page 2 or so, I think that above all: length of service and maybe something else.

Edit: How about length of service and number of moves made? Maybe like certain chess pieces for length of service and certain colors for # of moves.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:48
    Originally posted by Russ
    I am just considering a small change to the clan system (one part of many planned) but thought I would run it past some of you first.

I want to recognise loyalty to a clan, and indicate with an icon how many games someone has won for the clan during challenges. (Or just played, regardless of result, if people prefer)

So, I am proposing an icon, probabl ...[text shortened]... ) for a clan.

This idea is not influenced by time spent playing Halo 3, honest 😉

-Russ
    I like the idea,
    some points for playing, more points for wining.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 08:17
    Originally posted by Russ
    I am just considering a small change to the clan system (one part of many planned) but thought I would run it past some of you first.

I want to recognise loyalty to a clan, and indicate with an icon how many games someone has won for the clan during challenges. (Or just played, regardless of result, if people prefer)

So, I am proposing an icon, probabl ...[text shortened]... ) for a clan.

This idea is not influenced by time spent playing Halo 3, honest 😉

-Russ
    Can I have a special stripe... just for being sexy?
  13. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 14:55
    Good idea

Is it possible to show in a conspicious place how many points the clan has won and its position in the overall clan table?

I love this site!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree