Concerning The Cheat Police and TRACKHEAD.

Concerning The Cheat Police and TRACKHEAD.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
07 Jan 05

Originally posted by Exy
I don't imagine that Russ' "tools" will be that sophisticated, otherwise there wouldn't be a need for the Game Moderators to begin with. I imagine they are tools to check for behaviour that might be associated with cheating rather than to spot cheating out right.

I would guess it's something like a counter to see how often people download PGNs of their ...[text shortened]... er of games in a set time allows for x seconds think time per move, something along those lines.
That would be a nice little tool. Interesting to see people that get it like once every minute or less.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
07 Jan 05
6 edits

the biggest problem i can see with trackhead being a mod is that he is obviously a very high rated player ... he would have something to gain by getting rid of his opponents for the top rated position(s)

(of course this holds for tebb too.)

i do not say anything bad against any individual person here ... but humans are naturally corrupt.

grayeyes and his methods will be transparent to us all - and grayeyes has nothing to gain.

2200 players using their chess skills to explain that they suspect a player is less transparent ... even kasparov is hopeless at understanding what is a computer move and what is a human move when he is personally involved.

maybe trackhead is the perfect person to keep an eye on tebb.
(absolutely no offence intended tebb ... you have been honest, polite and genuine in every way, shape and form ... but you are definitely and absolutely 100% human!)

the game mods should not just be a group of high rated players ... it is good that some are high rated ... higher the better ... but we need half to be low rated as well.

at present: we have 3 high rated player with lots of votes ... and only gray eyes amongst them.

Vote for Cheshire Cat, Arrakis, NicolaiS and Phlabibit!
click on "Site Map" at the bottom of you screen then find the votes section for game moderators.

S

Internet

Moves
07 Jan 05

Originally posted by flexmore
the game mods should not just be a group of high rated players ... it is good that some are high rated ... higher the better ... but we need half to be low rated as well.
What should this group of lower rated players do, other than running games through engines and pass them on to the higher rated mods for analysis?

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
07 Jan 05

Originally posted by flexmore
the biggest problem i can see with trackhead being a mod is that he is obviously a very high rated player ... he would have something to gain by getting rid of his opponents for the top rated position(s)

(of course this holds for tebb too.)

i do not say anything bad against any individual person here ... but humans are naturally corrupt.

grayeyes ...[text shortened]... ick on "Site Map" at the bottom of you screen then find the votes section for game moderators.
First I have nothing against anyone whose name is listed except one that you named. I know several people who agree a name that should not be a mod is arrakis. This is due to the JW incident. I personally would have a problem with having a player who supported a player who was kicked off the site for using an engine. It shows one of two things, either arrakis is inable to see the most obvious case of engine use on the site, or he knew JW was using an engine and had him put on his league team to help them win anyway. Either way I would see a no go on that pick. As for what you said flexmore, the cheat moderators, from what I would think, can't just simply get rid of a player. The idea of trying to get rid of higher rated players to gain position is a bit far fetched. And since the mods will be made of of more than one person, and of course you would have to be able to prove that a player is in fact using an engine so if they aren't you couldnt just get rid of them. I can't remember what grayeyes rating is but I do not have a problem with some lower rated mods who have a good understanding of chess. I guess it depends on what you consider low rated. I would probably disagree with having like a 1200-1400 player but at around 1600, which some may call low, I believe a good moderator could be found. One main problem with lower players is some seem to believe that if someones game matches up at a high percentage to an engine then they must be using an engine. I guess maybe they could simply run engine type analysis and things from there could go on to the higher rated players. Hey guys how many mods are we going to have or how many mods do you think we should have? I was thinking around 5-7 but atleast 5.

L

Moves
07 Jan 05

Trackhead shoud definately not be on the list since he's probably a prog user!

TSP
HIT THE LIGHTS

Moves
07 Jan 05

Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
Trackhead shoud definately not be on the list since he's probably a prog user!
I second that

IS ANYONE LISTENING HERE, TRACKHEAD MUST NOT BE A GAME MOD BY ALL MEANS

The only chance is for him to provide RHP with his real name and an internationally recognised rating (ELO, FIDE, USCF, DWZ, etc.) Then, and only then I will not only apologize but accept him as an arrogant but extremely good player ... Any player his rating will have an international rating (David Tebb has one) ...

I can only appeal to those 59 voted for this engine user to re-cast their votes until it is 100% proven that Trackhead is not an engine user (which is done with him proving his rating) ...

Anything else is a joke

Regards
Boris

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
07 Jan 05

Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
I second that

[b] IS ANYONE LISTENING HERE, TRACKHEAD MUST NOT BE A GAME MOD BY ALL MEANS

The only chance is for him to provide RHP with his real name and an internationally recognised rating (ELO, FIDE, USCF, DWZ, etc.) Then, and only then I will not only apologize but accept him as an arrogant but extremely good player ... Any player his r ...[text shortened]... which is done with him proving his rating) ...

Anything else is a joke

Regards
Boris

[/b]
luckily you are pretty much the only person who believes your crap, and by the way its 64 not 59. As I was saying to someone last night I completely forgot something. That the majority of RHP is not the people who post in the forums its the normal everyday players who are simply here to play and have fun, and thats why I have the votes I have. As you can see no one cares what you think boris. We all know you are a sad person who simply has nothing better to do. If anything, people read your crap and then pm apologizing for you acting so stupid in the forums, so feel free to keep on helping me with votes. I'm as much of an engine user as you are lol stop your stupidity and get a life boris :-)

L

Moves
07 Jan 05

Most ofthe people voting for trackhead are probably cheaters themselves who want a corrupt person like him in the cheat police so they can go on polluting the site.
Why vote for trackhead when you can vote for people who have proved themselves trusthworthy?

Moves
07 Jan 05
1 edit

Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
Most ofthe people voting for trackhead are probably cheaters themselves who want a corrupt person like him in the cheat police so they can go on polluting the site.
I very much doubt that....

VOTE FOR Trackhead21 for the CP!

I've held off on this thread, but I'm going to tell you why T21 got one of my votes. I also voted for gatecrasher and arrakis --Grey and Tebb don't need my votes; otherwise they would have gotten them for sure.

1. You can't deny that T21 is due some credit for the CP ever being created. I have been on this site close to 1.5 years, T21 was the first person I noticed that brought the case of "Computer Cheaters" to the spotlight and espoused how much a cheat police was needed. Yes, he named names. Yes, he pissed off some players because of that. Yes, he did name names of people that have suddenly left the site, or changed their playing habits dramatically since then..

2. Is T21 a cheater? I have seen NO evidence supporting that he cheats. Why? BECAUSE NONE HAS EVER BEEN SHOWN. Why? If he is a cheater and so many people in the community "suspect" him, or would "leave the site if he is nominated"; why haven't ANY of those people been able to post "proof"? I have responded to quite a few of these unsupported cheating claims, by asking his accusers to show some proof. NONE HAS EVER BEEN PUBLICLY posted. WHY? People definitely haven't held off on posting "proof" of other cheaters, why him then? Perhaps there isn't any...

3. I do remember T21 posting that he DOES have an international rating. So why doesn't he just post his REAL NAME and REAL INFO, to prove that he is legit? I can think of quite a few reasons why somebody would not want to give up the "anonymity" that the internet provides. Especially when you have users like skeeter that have PUBLICLY bragged that she was able to find out Feivel's real name and HACK into his WORKPLACE to find out confidential information. Whether that is true or not is beside the point. I doubt ANYBODY here would like to have "enemies" researching themselves to that degree. So is that now a condition for consideration in the CP? YOU MUST PROVIDE REAL LIFE INFORMATION?

4. I think that the real harm to T21's reputation came from the fact that just after he raised the ruckus over cheaters, he was unable to play/visit RHP for a couple months due to personal issues. During that time, his detractors had free reign over his reputation and accusations became "fact", since he was not here to defend himself.

5. If T21 becomes a CP member, then it would pretty much ENSURE his being caught, if he is in fact a cheater. He would suddenly come under MORE scrutiny then ever before. *I don't think I need to defend this statement, it is pretty obvious.

6. If he is a LEGIT player, then how can you argue that he shouldn't be part of the CP? He is obviously a very high level player and has a hatred for cheaters that is very apparent.

With that, I'll close with another call for "proof".

FNM: you started this thread. Have you seen any "proof" that you can post? Or are you continuing the cycle of harming the reputation of a potentially LEGIT player?

Boris: You have been T21's biggest accuser. With all your allies/clan mates, I would think that you could have found some by now. SO WHERE IS IT?

Until I see this "evidence", my vote stays where it is.
Tim

FNM

Moves
07 Jan 05

Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
luckily you are pretty much the only person who believes your crap, and by the way its 64 not 59. As I was saying to someone last night I completely forgot something. That the majority of RHP is not the people who post in the forums its the normal everyday players who are simply here to play and have fun, and thats why I have the votes I have. As you can ...[text shortened]... otes. I'm as much of an engine user as you are lol stop your stupidity and get a life boris :-)
Trackhead:

In your posts you claim that your motice to join The Cheat Police is to help RHP. Am I right?

It doesn't take a genuiss to see that with you in the Cheat Police more harm will be done then good.

Instead of trying to help RHP by being a Game Mod, you should try helping by doing the exact opposite.. For once give up your pride and back down of the Cheat Police vote. As you said, the people who voted for you do not know you, they do not know your past. They weren't witnesses to the blow up you caused on RHP.

So if you have any credabilty left you should withdraw your spot as a potentiall Game Mod. Let people who earned their trust look out for everyone else.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
07 Jan 05

Personally if I could vote I'd give all my votes to Greyeyes. In the past he has approached potential cheater objectively and has shown that he has the skills that the cheat police would need.
I'm waiting to see how this turns out before deciding whether to subscribe. If I can be confident in the fact that the Cheat Police will be outing cheaters and they do it in a professional manner then I won't hesitate to subscribe. If, as I dread might happen, it turns into a giant witch hunt with people dobbing members in because of disagreements and a lack of clarity in the investigation process then I probably won't subscribe.
Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Moves
07 Jan 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Personally if I could vote I'd give all my votes to Greyeyes.......I'm waiting to see how this turns out before deciding whether to subscribe.
1. Giving all your votes to one person wouldn't help. True, grey has been one of the leading detectives and deserves to be on the CP. BUT, it is also obvious at this point that both he and Tebb have the communities support and will be included in the CP. However, the CP will need more than 3 mods and I personally decided to influence choice of the mods by voting for people who don't have as much support, but I still feel would be good members of the CP.

2. I don't think that is really a valid reason for holding off on your subscription. If you read the myriad of threads regarding the CP creation, you will notice that "Witch-hunting" is one of the communities biggest worries, and I don't see Russ allowing the CP to get out of control with its accusations. I think most people on the site can agree that Russ tries to be fair -- almost to a fault at times.

Besides, you know you want to participate in tournaments and clan matches.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Jan 05

Originally posted by tmetzler
1. Giving all your votes to one person wouldn't help. True, grey has been one of the leading detectives and deserves to be on the CP. BUT, it is also obvious at this point that both he and Tebb have the communities support and will be included in the CP. However, the CP will need more than 3 mods and I personally decided to influence choice of the mods ...[text shortened]... ault at times.

Besides, you know you want to participate in tournaments and clan matches.
One of the points of having the game mods is that so cheating accusations won't have to be posted in the forums to get a response; we'll have a place to go with allegations and the knowledge that they'll be looked into. And BTW, I'm getting a little tired of this "withhunting" talk; without the posts of a group of people over the last few months, there wouldn't even be any game mods' vote and the problem of engine use would be completely unaddressed to the detriment of the site. And witches with supernatural powers don't exist so "hunting" them is a waste of time but engine users at RHP certainly do exist as the cases of JW and Tlai1992 have shown, so "hunting" them is both necessary and appropriate.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
07 Jan 05

Originally posted by Faith No More
Trackhead:

In your posts you claim that your motice to join The Cheat Police is to help RHP. Am I right?

It doesn't take a genuiss to see that with you in the Cheat Police more harm will be done then good.

Instead of trying to help RHP by being a Game Mod, you should try helping by doing the exact opposite.. For once give up your pride and b ...[text shortened]... our spot as a potentiall Game Mod. Let people who earned their trust look out for everyone else.
Ummm, thats not what I said. I said that the majority of RHP is not the people who come into the forums and post everyday they are the quiet people who come to play and have fun. Just because they don't post doesnt mean they don't read. These players read the crap and make their decision. And they include soem players I last played against like 3, 4 months ago. I do not care about what 2 or 3 people in the forum think. I do care though what 246 mebers think and right now I have the 3rd highest amount of votes so we know what the true majority thinks and thats who matters on this site.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
07 Jan 05

just out of curiosity what would the good people at RHP think TRACKHEAD's FIDE rating would be , if he has one?

fred