1. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 01:07
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I invoke "Quirk's Exception", thus the thread must remain open.
    I'm just gonna stand around and look like a ditzy blonde..................

huh?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 01:27
    Leave it to a 2bit lawyer to find an "exception" to the law.
  3. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 13:24
    Anyway why should people who can't prove they are not prog users be allowed into the cheat pollice???
  4. Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 14:53
    [b] Maybe it's none of anybody's business?????? If there's some proof he's a cheat, present it; if they're ain't shut up about it! Last I checked nobody who joined this site is required to reveal their real name, ELO rating, social security number, shoe size, etc. If there's some credible evidence of engine use perhaps an OTB rating would be re ...[text shortened]... support such allegations I don't feel TRACKHEAD21 is obliged to satisfy someone's idle curiousity.
    Spot on no1, the simple fact of the matter is no conclusive evidence has yet been provided to prove that Trackhead is using engines.

So Boris and co should shut the hell up, infact now that the cheat police are allmost in place ALL accusations of cheating should be removed from the forums, that after all should be one of the main aims of the cheat police, to handle these matters in the background, to put a stop to all these pety grudge's.

If accusations of cheating are allowed to continue in the forums, then it will simply make a mockery of the cheat police, so again the question has to be asked - why are accusations of cheating still allowed and left in place in the public forums ?, even after many posts by the Admin stating that they would be removed.

The cheat police are not going to make people leave this site, BUT unfounded and unproven accusations of cheating in the public forums will make people leave this site, it's bang out of order and should be stopped, in fact now that the cheat police are in place anyone making a puplic accusation of cheating in the forums should be booted.

Regards FGWE
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 15:07
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    Anyway why should people who can't prove they are not prog users be allowed into the cheat pollice???
    There is a major problem with your thinking.

Is T21 a "special" case? Why should the burden of proof be placed on him? Why should he have to prove who he is? Why not you? I could understand if some sort of EVIDENCE had been shown, but not just allegations and accusations. NO PROOF!!? I'll say that again. NO PROOF!!? NO PROOF!!? NO PROOF!!?

So what, now you MUST publicly reveal your name and MUST HAVE an international rating just be in the top 20, 10 3 of the site? Oh hell, Ironman31 hasn't revealed this stuff to the majority of the users on the site, he must be an engine-user also! GET HIM!
  6. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 15:211 edit
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    There is a major problem with your thinking.

Is T21 a "special" case? Why should the burden of proof be placed on him? Why should he have to prove who he is? Why not you? I could understand if some sort of EVIDENCE had been shown, ...[text shortened]... the users on the site, he must be an engine-user also! GET HIM!
    You seem to forget one thing i have not signed up for the cheat police. Since the cheat police will get you possible proof of cheating the people who signed up shoud have proven not to be cheaters. And since some of the people who where on the list of candidates for the cheat police have admitted to have cheated ( sirloseallot) or have left the site for mysterious reasons ( tejo) it is very likely that there are more prog users on the list.

(Btw i have never accused anyone of cheating i just want a clean cheat police)
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 03:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Under Cover
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 06:28
    LOTCB,

With all due respect, nobody should be forced to prove that they aren't cheating. Let the evidence show that someone is cheating, or let the accusation die it's well deserved death. I agree strongly that the credibility of this initiative would suffer if one of the members of the panel were in fact such a cheater, but we have to have a little faith in Russ to not let that happen. I'm sure that he has already thought of checking the games of the candidates before finalizing the list. If players are titled, they certainly should NOT be required to "out" themselves here, and suffer the inevitable barrage of PM's for advice that they could legitimately charge big $ for.
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 07:36
    You are brown trash!

LOL!

Nemesio

P.S., Does this count as a 'Quirk Exception?'
  10. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 20:54
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    How does that prove anything?
    Anyone can find a person and pretend to be them. You haven't actually shown that you are Maarten you just gave a name and a rating. How do we know you are him?

(note: I believe you I'm just wondering).

XanthosNZ - Bobby Fischer incognito
    Well you could contact that person and ask him if he play at rhp😀
  11. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 21:13
    Originally posted by BLReid
    LOTCB,

With all due respect, nobody should be forced to prove that they aren't cheating. Let the evidence show that someone is cheating, or let the accusation die it's well deserved death. I agree strongly that the credibility of this initiative would suffer if one of the members of the panel were in fact such a cheater, but we have to have a little fait ...[text shortened]... uffer the inevitable barrage of PM's for advice that they could legitimately charge big $ for.
    Like badger has said they don't have to prove it to the community they can prove it to russ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree