Concerning The Cheat Police and TRACKHEAD.

Concerning The Cheat Police and TRACKHEAD.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FNM

Moves
05 Jan 05

OK, Now that the voting for Game-Mods is finally introduced, I need to say something about one of the applicients.

We all know that Trackhead21 is a very strong chess player. He plays a lot, he playes fast, and I bet he has a lot of chess knowladge that can help the Cheat Police find potentiall cheaters.
Another thing we know about Trackhead21 is that a lot of people on RHP think of him as a cheater.
Lately I have been hearing a lot of anxiety and panic from people concerning Trackhead and the Cheat Police. People fear that he will ruin RHP.
I don't know if Trackhead is in fact a cheater. What I do know is that many people will be devistated to see him part of the Cheat Police.

I ask everyone to think hard before voting for Trackhead.
Think about all the accusations he constatly makes, and think about how many people will leave the site with him as a Game Mod.

Please respect the people who doubt his honsety. Even if there is the slightest chance that Trackhead cheats, Is he really worth taking that slight chance? I don't think so.

Sincerely,
Faith No More

r

Over seas

Moves
05 Jan 05

Originally posted by Faith No More
OK, Now that the voting for Game-Mods is finally introduced, I need to say something about one of the applicients.

We all know that Trackhead21 is a very strong chess player. He plays a lot, he playes fast, and I bet he has a lot of chess knowladge that can help the Cheat Police find potentiall cheaters.
Another thing we know about Trackhead21 is ...[text shortened]... s, Is he really worth taking that slight chance? I don't think so.

Sincerely,
Faith No More
Cheater? I thought he just let his girlfriend make moves for him.

b

Braga, Portugal

Moves
05 Jan 05

i agree with you faith no more..

One of the things needed to be part of the cheat police is being a respected person in the community... and from what i can read... cause i dont really know nothing.. i red that he made alot of acusations.. he insulted players.. etc.. and was acused of cheating countless times.. in here.. and in Uchess.

Now i'm not saying he is.. or he isnt' but i agree with faith here.. when he says that! It should be persons trusted in the community and not a such... "polemic" player...

From what we know for sure he broke the rules once at least with that girlfriend thing...
Acused alot of players....
and strangely has a sentece on his profile that reads like

"I know I'm supposed to be new and must be pretty stupid to deny using engines to play before being accused."

😕 this wasn't there before.. and i find it weird.. being one of the most acused players.

Regards

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
05 Jan 05

Originally posted by bazik

"I know I'm supposed to be new and must be pretty stupid to deny using engines to play before being accused"
that is a joke about someone else who was apparently new who trackhead is imitating. i think trackhead should be allowed to become a mod because he is obviously an extremely good player who can analyze games and see if engines are being used. from what ive seen very few people believe he used an engine, i am not one of them. if people dont want him to be a mod they wont vote for him...they dont have to, its a public vote. i could have put my name down, but not a single person would have voted for me!

incidentaly i voted for trackhead for these reasons and also david tebb. my third vote was for GEOS becuase he seems to have experience analyzing games with fritz and other engines.

fred

TSD
The 3rd Coming

London

Moves
05 Jan 05

Originally posted by Faith No More
I ask everyone to think hard before voting for Trackhead.
Think about all the accusations he constatly makes, and think about how many people will leave the site with him as a Game Mod.
The best thing about having the game mods is that it will give us confidence in all remaining players, trackhead included.

But FNM makes a fair point: Trackhead has proved himself to have vindictive tendencies; definitely not the quality one wants in game mod.

I rather suspect that when the admins wrote, "The final decision will be made by the site administrators" it was probably trackhead they were thinking of.

Still we can have the best of worlds here. Trackhead can make himself head-informer to the game mods.

m
Look, it's a title!

Run, it's offensive!

Moves
05 Jan 05

Innocent until proven guilty folks, if we deny him the possibility of being a police, because a large group of bodies SUSPECTS he cheats, without very great evidence I may add, what does that say about the cheat police?

That we are gullible and we will suspend the freedom of players simply because a few bodies decide to gain up against you, because they don't like you. The cheat police would then be exploited like crazy if the community got caught up on to this.

Trackhead deserves a chance no more then anyone else IMHO, sure his personality is a little rowdy, but then again, so is mine, and nobody thinks I cheat, and until there is solid evidence that Trackhead does in fact cheat, and he's democraticly elected, I don't see why he shouldn't represent. Of course, if he is later on proven as a cheat, he will be kicked out immediately and perhabs viewed as the greatest chess scum forever on the history of Internet. I'm sure Trackhead himself is aware of such risks puting himself in the spotlight, he's also been stressing mods, I think the guy really wants to clear his name and we should give him that chance in anyway possible. If he does cheat, he's protecting himself in a very awkward way that doesn't make much sense, so my gut tells me he probably does not, but I'm not sure anymore to be honest.

The evidence of him cheating isn't that great. The players argue that in a few select of his games, he matches an engine by 60%. They argue that even the greatest tactical player in the world, Gary Kasparov, only matches engines 50% or so. They accuse Trackhead of cheating selectively in a few games/moves. Now while it may be true Gary Kasparov only matches engines by 50%, they have overlooked a few things.

Gary Kasparov may be a great player, who can play fast, but he is not blitz orientated like Trackhead. Trackhead claims he is an extremely good fast player, such players are usually natural tactical wizards, but lack position. Gary Kasparov is probably at a better tactical level then Trackhead, but he also has positional moves he can rely on that probably don't match up to engines as much, were Trackhead admits he somewhat lacks. Trackhead depends on his superior tactics and ability to spot these tactics quickly to simply win a mass of games.

Also, Gary Kasparov plays GM's, quite simply, he plays the best, and the best players tend to be very good at limiting tactical ability. If Gary Kasparov, were say, to log onto RHP and play nothing but us amateurs, I'm sure he would spot tactics like crazy and match up an engine to say 65% at least, and would probably match higher then Trackhead. This same may hold true to a blitz pro like Trackhead to a degree, his style and level of tactical play vs others is susceptible to high engine matching in SOME games.

Safe to say, Trackhead having a 60% match in a dozen or so games isn't exactly the greatest proof of cheating I have ever seen, but some still have doubts, it's understandable, but you can't claim this is cheating.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
05 Jan 05
2 edits

Well it will certainly prove ironic if the first case investigated by the Game Moderators is one of their own team - how are these sort of cases going to be handled? Don't we need to know more about how all this is going to work before it's voted in?

m
Look, it's a title!

Run, it's offensive!

Moves
05 Jan 05

Originally posted by Exy
Well it will certainly prove ironic if the first case investigated by the Game Moderators is one of their own team - how are these sort of cases going to be handled? Don't we need to know more about how all this is going to work before it's voted in?
As I said, there is an important clause, "at the RHP's administrator's discretion" If Trackhead gets voted in as a cheat police, he likely will be investigated by Russ himself immediately before he ever officially becomes one. If he is cleared, he's a police, if not, he's simply gone forever. It's that simple, from what I have heard, Russ is already investigating him covertly as well as other candidates, to make sure there is no immediate corruption. This isn't out of the ordinary, if you want to join the police, fire, ambulance, military, etc services those in charge will check up on your backgrounds before giving you the job, even if you are more then qualified.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
05 Jan 05

I thought the whole reason we were getting the Game Moderators is cos Russ doesn't have the time, engines or chess playing experience to spot a cheater.

m
Look, it's a title!

Run, it's offensive!

Moves
05 Jan 05

Originally posted by Exy
I thought the whole reason we were getting the Game Moderators is cos Russ doesn't have the time, engines or chess playing experience to spot a cheater.
To say Russ wants nothing to do or no part with stoping cheaters is absurd, then why would he bother with the cheat police? You're right, he doesn't have the time to do this all by himself, if he went just after cheaters the site would suffer, so he's hiring employees to help with this time consuming aspect, and will check up on them if they are legit, nothing out of the ordinary, it's like that EVERYWHERE. There will probably be no more then 20 cheat police, so at most he just needs to screen 20 ppl before giving them the title, that will take time on his hands, but not that much time, it's certainly do-able.

m
Look, it's a title!

Run, it's offensive!

Moves
05 Jan 05

Originally posted by Exy
To say Russ wants nothing to do or no part with stoping cheaters is absurd, then why would he bother with the cheat police? You're right, he doesn't have the time to do this all by himself, if he went just after cheaters the site would suffer, so he's hiring employees to help with this time consuming aspect, and will check up on them if they are legit, nothing out of the ordinary, it's like that EVERYWHERE. There will probably be no more then 20 cheat police, so at most he just needs to screen 20 ppl before giving them the title, that will take time on his hands, but not that much time, it's certainly do-able.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
06 Jan 05
3 edits

You're right it would be absurd, which is why I didn't say it.

I know that Russ wants to stop cheaters. My point is that Russ is asking the community to vote in Game Moderators to handle this on his behalf. I would prefer an automated system that removed the human error / subjectivity / potential witch hunts, but Russ has said that he doesn't possess the various engines to implement such a system, nor does he have the high level of chess experience to write the code to check games.

So, it's very important that people research the people they are voting for and make sure they are suitable for the task.

stitching you up

Moves
06 Jan 05

maybe the first duty of the game moderators should be to have their own games scrutinised by their fellow members?

TSP
HIT THE LIGHTS

Moves
06 Jan 05

I haven't found the thread where one can vote (please pm me) but I would like to cast my vote AGAINST Trackhead by all means ... I don't care what people say, but I know for a fact that he is not a real person (as a result of the analysis Tejo, Eyeqpc and Osse)

If Trackhead becomes part of the cheat policy we might as well vote Mickey Mouse as the Prime Minister here

Kind Regards
Boris

PS: I'd like to cast my vote for David Tebb who is undoubtly one of the strongest players here (and a real player as well which he has proven on many occasions, e.g. his simul victory aginst Kasparov)

Moves
06 Jan 05

Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
PS: I'd like to cast my vote for David Tebb who is undoubtly one of the strongest players here (and a real player as well which he has proven on many occasions, e.g. his simul victory aginst Kasparov)
Lets see how this goes now,not too long ago I was reading David Tebbs' profile(I read profiles instead of the over and over again informative information on the forums)his profile stated at some point I use books and databases unless you ask me not to.Now in my 0 tolerence little world,databases,books,programs and your grade 12 math teacher standing over your shoulder is not how you play the game.Anyone can be a member of the distinguished cheat police if they now how to catch a cheater,the best person to catch a thief is a thief.