1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Mar '08 02:56
    I don't belong to a Clan and most likely never will. Most people have Windows Messenger, or yahoo messenger, which are two good ways you can communicate as a group.
  2. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 13:12
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    Dune has a pretty serious problem right now due to our clan leader being banned from the forums. Right now, forum bans seems to include the private forums as well as the public, making management of clan matters extremely difficult. As an example, we have 4 consult games running through his account and handle discussions of these games in the private clan ...[text shortened]... forums only. I just don't see the point in having such a ban extend to the private clan forum.
    As we can see your clan leader did understand nothing - he is banned from site now.
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 13:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 15:17
    Originally posted by Korch
    As we can see your clan leader did understand nothing - he is banned from site now.
    😲 Why?
  5. Canada
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 16:54
    Originally posted by Korch
    Seriously Korch, can you stop with your unwitty remarks, you waste everyone's time here...just because you have a decent rating OTB does not mean that you are an authority on every issue that springs up on this site.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 17:02
    Arrakis knew what he was doing, he isn't stupid.
    He took a risque and he lost. Now his clan suffers from his misjudge.
    If my clan leader did the same thing, I would like another clan leader in the future.
  7. Canada
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 21:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 21:481 edit
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    Seriously Korch, can you stop with your unwitty remarks, you waste everyone's time here...just because you have a decent rating OTB does not mean that you are an authority on every issue that springs up on this site.
    Just because I have a decent rating OTB does not mean that my comments are malapropos.
  9. Standard membernonnymoose
    Average Guy
    Chicago, IL
    Moves
    29 Mar '08 13:59
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I disagree.

Forum banning is a punishment.

Suck it up, big boy 😛
    But why should our whole clan be punished? I have no idea what's going on -- just logged in this morning and have no access to our clan forum.

There's a LOT more on our forum than just the leader's participation. Where are all the posts _I've_ written, and everyone else?

Nonny
  10. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 Mar '08 14:10
    Originally posted by nonnymoose
    But why should our whole clan be punished? I have no idea what's going on -- just logged in this morning and have no access to our clan forum.

There's a LOT more on our forum than just the leader's participation. Where are all the posts _I've_ written, and everyone else?

Nonny
    Russ explained in the clan forum that the forum is not permanently removed, just closed until further notice. I seriously doubt that your leader's appropriate participation in the forum was an issue. I would suspect that what was written in the forum while you weren't around is what caused it to be closed, or other correspondences that were threatening to spill over into that forum. I don't think Russ is acting to punish your clan. I think he is trying to prevent worse things from happening than whatever has already happened and been deleted (all of which I missed as well).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree