Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 24 Jun '06 15:49
    ...certain subs would be allowed - but only the ones we like.

    This is an idea to balance against the clamour to have subs only forum.
  2. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    24 Jun '06 19:33
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    ...certain subs would be allowed - but only the ones we like.

    This is an idea to balance against the clamour to have subs only forum.
    so i'd be alowed in, right..........right?










    :'(
  3. 24 Jun '06 22:20
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    ...certain subs would be allowed - but only the ones we like.

    This is an idea to balance against the clamour to have subs only forum.
    You mean in order to be fair with the subs who pay for this site? Why should it be fair? Non-subs don't pay, yet there is a constant stream of whining about more features that they should get:

    Tournaments
    Clans
    Sieges
    Non-Subs Forums

    Forget it. If you want the features pay for it like the rest of us. Russ works hard for the money and shouldn't have to be pandering to non-subs. He already does a ton for them, including no expiry on their account. This means that someone can play indefinately without paying, and that is a huge benefit.
  4. 24 Jun '06 23:49
    Originally posted by Gastel
    You mean in order to be fair with the subs who pay for this site? Why should it be fair? Non-subs don't pay, yet there is a constant stream of whining about more features that they should get:

    Tournaments
    Clans
    Sieges
    Non-Subs Forums

    Forget it. If you want the features pay for it like the rest of us. Russ works hard for the money and shouldn't ha ...[text shortened]... nt. This means that someone can play indefinately without paying, and that is a huge benefit.
    I don't want
    Clans
    Tournaments
    Sieges
    and why are you so against it, it doesn't affect you - you are already on the banned list.


    Or are you just bootlicking?
  5. 24 Jun '06 23:49
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    so i'd be alowed in, right..........right?










    :'(
    yep, no problem you would be welcome. [unlike that mong-ed above]
  6. 25 Jun '06 17:02
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I don't want
    Clans
    Tournaments
    Sieges
    and why are you so against it, it doesn't affect you - you are already on the banned list.


    Or are you just bootlicking?
    What? Banned list? I think you drink to much guava juice.

    The threads from non-subs are often about wanting more. They should be happy with what they get already, as it is plenty generous. If you want exclusive content, pay for the site and support Russ. Why are you against that?
  7. 25 Jun '06 17:23
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Forum for non subs
    Isn't every forum for non subs?
    (And subs also of course,,,)
    Non subs are not excluded in any forum as I know.
  8. 25 Jun '06 19:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Isn't every forum for non subs?
    (And subs also of course,,,)
    Non subs are not excluded in any forum as I know.
    The private forums. But if the calls for sub only forums is acted upon, I reckon there should also be a non sub forum.
  9. 25 Jun '06 19:14 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Gastel
    What? Banned list? I think you drink to much guava juice.

    The threads from non-subs are often about wanting more. They should be happy with what they get already, as it is plenty generous. If you want exclusive content, pay for the site and support Russ. Why are you against that?
    I'm not talking about the site's banned list, just the non-subs forum banned list.

    What makes you wrongly think I am against people subscribing for the extra facilities? Far from it, I am all in favour of subscribing, the extras are simply not required at this time by me.
  10. 25 Jun '06 23:26
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I'm not talking about the site's banned list, just the non-subs forum banned list.

    What makes you wrongly think I am against people subscribing for the extra facilities? Far from it, I am all in favour of subscribing, the extras are simply not required at this time by me.
    Except for a non-sub exclusive forum.
  11. 26 Jun '06 10:24
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Except for a non-sub exclusive forum.
    Oh right, I'd better subscribe so I can get a non-subs forum.
    No need to be so upset because I get 6 games free, it REALLY doesn't affect you; if I ever subscribe you won't be getting the money.
  12. 26 Jun '06 23:41
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Oh right, I'd better subscribe so I can get a non-subs forum.
    No need to be so upset because I get 6 games free, it REALLY doesn't affect you; if I ever subscribe you won't be getting the money.
    Read your own post. You indicate you don't need any extras... except you want an extra non-subs forum... hmmmm... can you spell 'hypocrite'? And I wouldn't want your money, I'm not doing the work that SHOULD be paid for by people who enjoy the services. I joined even before I wanted more games, because the site was worth paying for and Russ deserves the support.
  13. 27 Jun '06 18:47
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    idiot
    It's idiotic to support the people who put in the effort to supply you with a quality service? You need to re-evaluate your contribution to humanity.
  14. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    27 Jun '06 19:11
    Originally posted by Gastel
    You need to re-evaluate your contribution to humanity.
    LOL

    Who knew subscribing put one on a level with Mother Theresa?

    Another subscriber waxing virtuous about their lost $29. I wonder how many of you would pay for the site if you didn't get any extra features!? I say, pay the money and renounce your clans, tournaments, sieges, and extra games, if you're so concerned about 'contributing to humanity'.
  15. 27 Jun '06 19:24
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    idiot

    Originally posted by Gastel
    It's idiotic to support the people who put in the effort to supply you with a quality service? You need to re-evaluate your contribution to humanity.
    Confirmed